It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control or War With Iran- You choose

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I totally agree with there being more at stake. Lets face it, most firearm owners vote republican and anti-war people vote democratic.

These two issues pla a key role in who will be president. Just wondering where peoples thoughts are on the matter..

Well, I disagree with your assessment of gun owners....I know MANY democrats that own gun, and almost all of the very liberal people I know own a firearm of some sort.

Truth be told, however, it really doesnt matter if you are labeled a "republican" or a "democrat". That seperation is what keeps this country at odds.

Bottom line, though: Try and take away my gun. I dare you. And I KNOW I'm not the only person who feels this way.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I will not vote for either of them. I would LIKE to be able to vote for McCain (because I really do not like Obama) but I can't do it because of Iran, and because of the environment. I don't want that blood on my hands.

I won't vote for either of them, but maybe for Ron Paul (he is still running right?). I do not see gun control as being that big of an issue (at least not where I live).

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I will not vote for either of them. I would LIKE to be able to vote for McCain (because I really do not like Obama) but I can't do it because of Iran, and because of the environment. I don't want that blood on my hands.

I won't vote for either of them, but maybe for Ron Paul (he is still running right?). I do not see gun control as being that big of an issue (at least not where I live).

You can always write in vote for Ron Paul. Gun Control really didn't become an issue until Biden became Obama's running mate....

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted

Originally posted by Sonya610

You can always write in vote for Ron Paul. Gun Control really didn't become an issue until Biden became Obama's running mate....

The thing is, gun control is not an issue. I have no problem with the control of sales of assault weapons and the such. BANS on firearms is a whole other story.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Who started this lie that Mccain will positively invade Iran?

Let us see the documentation.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Probably the same people who started the lie about Obama banning their guns!

Or Biden, who I TRUST, had some things to say about his good friend McCain on Iran: (about 20:30)

“Should we trust John McCain’s judgment when he rejected talking with Iran and then asked: What is there to talk about"?

Video

Or maybe it was this guy...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

McCain has received fair to poor ratings on gun issues from the National Rifle Association, garnering a C+.[255] According to a review by Gun Owners of America (GOA), "in 2001, McCain went from being a supporter of anti-gun bills to being a lead sponsor".[256] McCain's GOA rating went from a "C-" in 2000 to an "F-" in 2006.

Doesnt seem to be much of a choice either way!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Probably the same people who started the lie about Obama banning their guns!

“Should we trust John McCain’s judgment when he rejected talking with Iran and then asked: What is there to talk about"?

Great Find there!!! I like Biden and that was a great speach...How many Iran jokes does it take from McCain before people realize that they are not funny. Each joke is a direct threat IMO...

Or maybe it was this guy...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

[edit on 28-8-2008 by TheHunted]

[edit on 28-8-2008 by TheHunted]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So we submit a joke as evidence.

Where is the rest of the clip beyond this joke where he states anything?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

Uh, not to mention the quote from Obama earlier this year where he stated that Iran was "not a significant threat", then changed his stance overnight.

Or are we going to let that one casually slip by?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH
Our rights are not negotiable. That is why they re called rights. Our human rights are not granted by our bill of rights they are acknowledged and spelled out as inalienable meaning they shall not be infringed.

Democrats overwhelmingly believe that if they have a majority on a vote then it is majority (mob) rules and they can pass laws that bend or break the laws that outline our natural rights to suit their own statist agenda.

Neoconservatives which are just democrats that lean to the right are no better. This nation is over run with statist, police state apologist, liberty hating idiots with no knowledge of history or awareness of their human rights.

The fact is just simply that the people have no representative for the spot of chief executive this go around. All we have is once again a choice of a lesser of two evils. Politics is useless in the restoration of liberty because global corporations run the show and they want our liberty so they can sell us a permanent police state.

Sorry i disagree.You are quite out of touch with reality.You dont speak for conservatives and have no clue about our values as per your statement above.You make broad conclusions and innuendo with no facts to back it up.Obama will lose in November.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Justice11]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by TheHunted

Uh, not to mention the quote from Obama earlier this year where he stated that Iran was "not a significant threat", then changed his stance overnight.

Or are we going to let that one casually slip by?

Obama has slipped more than once.He claimed we should surge afganistan without even knowing what the situation is over there.So hes willing to sacrifice more americans when he has no clue about the situation in Gani?More proof hes not ready for the presidency.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It would truly be a shame if every gun owner in the U.S. had one of their guns "stolen" from them, and filed a police report about it.

Because theft is bad, and if a police report gets filed then it must have really happened, right?

Especially when they show up at the house and a small, easily-replaced pane of glass is broken out of the door that the alleged burglar used to enter the house.

The following is not related to what I wrote above:

I read once about someone who wanted to store a valuable machine underground, so he oiled it up very well, wrapped it in plastic, then put it inside a large-diameter PVC pipe with a glued cap on one end and a threaded bell on the other.

After that he put a sock full of rice inside, screwed in the cap, sealed the ends with silicone, then wrapped the whole thing inside several layers of heavy black plastic and buried it a few feet under the ground.

Seems like a lot of trouble to secure something valuable, but I guess he thought it was worthwhile.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So we submit a joke as evidence.

Where is the rest of the clip beyond this joke where he states anything?

One joke about attacking a country may be funny, anything after that should be took serious. One of his jokes involved a threat with chemical attacks. Chemical attacks! How is a nation not supposed to take that as a legit threat. A few innocent knock-knock jokes are good for laughs, not a potential president joking about attacks...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Even if Mcain should wiin the election there will be no war with iran,but just eventually air strike against their nuclear facilities and nothing else,of course not by the usaf but by the Israely air force as they did it in 1981 at Osirik,Iraq.
And as Israel is not a member of NATO the other states will just impose sanctions and stuff like that.
I am not Pro-war but we cannot allow a country who based his Constitution on the "Quran" to own nukes.Of course to be coherent the same statement is valid for Pakistan as well.
However,do you really think that the Us. president really count something?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbracode
Even if Mcain should wiin the election there will be no war with iran,but just eventually air strike against their nuclear facilities and nothing else,of course not by the usaf but by the Israely air force as they did it in 1981 at Osirik,Iraq.
And as Israel is not a member of NATO the other states will just impose sanctions and stuff like that.
I am not Pro-war but we cannot allow a country who based his Constitution on the "Quran" to own nukes.Of course to be coherent the same statement is valid for Pakistan as well.
However,do you really think that the Us. president really count something?

You cannot allow someone whose constitution is based on the Quran to have nukes? DO you realize how arrogant that is? Why can we not let countries that follow the quran have them, but christian countries are just fine?

Are you really that self-righteous?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHunted

If Obama-Biden were to gain office firearm owners are scared of a ban on guns. They both oppose war and prefer to handle such issues with diplomacy.

Thats crap. Obama has no power to "ban" guns. He can't manufacture it either. He can appoint like minded Judges but from his own mouth he says we have the right to bear arms. It will take two terms or MORE to counter what Bush has done to the courts (Thankfully) and even then.. it's going to be an uphill battle that he will NOT take on.

There is NO scenario in which Obama could bring upon a general gun ban.

I am NOT an Obama supporter but this is an ignorant assumption.. sort of like when a democrat says Abortion will be illegal under "so and so" its a red herring.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If those are my only two choices then let McCain or whoever go nuts. Let him send all those folks who volunteered to do the bidding of old suits over there and nuke half the world for all I care.

My business is taking care of me and mine not you and yours or them and theres.

Hell, is the whole world kept to their own business we'd all be better off.

I want my personal and property secession and I want it now so none of this crap will have to matter anymore.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
If those are my only two choices then let McCain or whoever go nuts. Let him send all those folks who volunteered to do the bidding of old suits over there and nuke half the world for all I care.

My business is taking care of me and mine not you and yours or them and theres.

Hell, is the whole world kept to their own business we'd all be better off.

I want my personal and property secession and I want it now so none of this crap will have to matter anymore.

You do realize that your point of view makes this agenda easier to move on? Unfortunately, you are falling into the seperation tactic. As long as the people dont band togethor, the few will have all the power.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
War with Iran. It is either going to be us or Israel, followed by the US. Either way it will happen. I do not care if Jesus Christ himself came down and asked me to turn in my guns. Will not happen. War is set in stone with Iran, has been since the late 70s. Try and take American guns and we will strip that political party down to nothing during the next election.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join