It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWIC - A Backdoor Real ID Card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

TWIC - A Backdoor Real ID Card

secure.downsizedc.org

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) wants you to have a Real ID card that's very similar to the TWIC card. But DHS is failing to implement the Real ID because state governments are resisting. Twenty one states are refusing to comply with the REAL ID. It's probably the biggest rebellion against the federal government since the Civil War. So what can the DHS do to overcome this rebellion?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
National ID...Real ID
Montana Governor Refuses Real ID, DHS Threatens Citizens
Gov. Napolitano Approves Prohibition on Real ID (ARIZONA)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
More to follow below. My comments will be added there.

secure.downsizedc.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So what can the DHS do to overcome this rebellion?

They can "pick off the herd" -- hit one industry at a time until so many people have Smart Cards no one is left to resist. Those with the Smart Cards may even begin to think it would be "just" if everyone had one. It's a classic totalitarian strategy, summed up by the German Pastor Martin Niemoller . . .

"...first (they came) for the Communists, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasnt a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasnt a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . and by that time there was no one left to speak up."

The President has issued a presidential directive, HSD12, aiming to force all federal employees AND CONTRACTORS to carry a Smart Card. This means government employees and contractors will be the first part of the herd they pick-off. There are 1.8 million federal employees, excluding elected officials, the military, and employees of the Postal Service. But it won't end there.

DHS is also attempting to impose Smart Cards on truckers and railroad workers, covering another 3.5 million workers. And the maritime/TWIC portion of the strategy will apply to about 700,000 workers.

If DHS can "come for" these 6 million people, how long before you think they're going to get you too? Preventing this from happening starts with defending Lowell Rogers. He's willing to stand up and resist, at the potential loss of his career. How about you? Please send Congress a message asking them to repeal and defund the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC card).

It will progress to a point where those who continue to refuse to accept this new incarnation of the Real ID will be labeled as "potential terrorists" & treated as such under the Patriot Act & the Military Commissions Act...Already held as blasphemies to American Freedom & the Supreme Law of the Land.

In the Constitution, Article 1, Section 1 demands that ALL powers of legislation are invested in Congress. This is not the first time that President Bush has usurped Congressional Power & enforced his own word as law. When are We the People going to stop Bush from claiming dictatorial power for anyone who happens to sit in the Oval Office? As the President continues to erode The Peoples' "contract of employment" through the Constitution with the Government, what makes any Government Officer think that DHS (with the President's backing) will stop after the contractors & shipping industries & start using those powers on you & your family? Centralizing Power into one person is completely contradictory to the existence of the entire Judiciary Branch & Congress too. If allowed to progress, the Tyrant in Office is likely to simply disband the Courts & Congress as superfluous...A person who holds totalitarian power to be judge, jury & executioner has only to pass his own word down to the military & other enforcement agencies to achieve any desire.

Remember the Holocaust of Nazi Germany, compare & recognize the close similarity in Hitler's rise to power to what's happening in America today. Post-WW II America proclaimed "Never again!" Yet, there are far too many people that fail to see that it is happening again. Think of this as a Notice of Warning & carefully consider the path that's already laid out in front of us all. From this point onward, should Congress & the Judiciary continue to support the move to tyranny in America, you'll have this forewarning in mind & have no excuse of ignorance should you fail to take steps in halting the progress of the "Fourth Reich in America."

[edit on 18-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Do you carry a credit card? I see the credit card as more of a threat.

If the Govt can monitor my credit history, that gives them far more than an ID card. You should worry about extensions by the govt into your credit card. If they simply subsidize enhancements to credit cards, everyone will have a Federal ID without knowing it. You may already be chipped!

Don't leave home without it!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
How many people would be living 'off the grid' like John Connor in Terminator 3, to avoid being issued with an ID card?

I can really see a future where some people disappear from the system and shun all forms of ID. Although I suppose that 'illegal' immigrants already live this way, with support from their extended family and cultural network.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

I'd like to direct you to a post I made in another thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And A short Video...

[edit on 19-8-2008 by TaZCoN]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I totally agree with its a back door real I.D card that will hit industrys one by one.I was thinking that soon as i heard of them. I use to work in oil refinerys and quit my job/carrer over this. You have to have a full background check .fingerprints taken,retna scan,and the questions ask you all kind of issues on if you ever commited terrorist acts.The card has a microchip on the front of it clear as day(that no one seems to know why) and it has a pyramid on it.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by trey85]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I would also add veterans and gun owners.

I would not be surprised in as part of the electronic medical records they would not start with Veterans at the VA and put a summary of a veterans full medical records plus what every info they wanted on a smart card. that would get a 24.5 million more.

Then have gun owner get a smart card to identify who they are and just what guns they own. That would add another 80 million.

lets see.
1.8 million federal employees,
plus 80 million gun owner
plus 24.5

that 122.5 million, over 1/3 the US population.

I will bet they could come up with other reasons to get the remaining population to get a real ID.

top topics

join