It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Users limit ignore list?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That just crazy with the ammount of people on ATS.
Can we change this to atleast 30?

It took me about two days to completely fill that list with the
Russian Georgian conflict.

And believe me I want to add a lot more. Now that I can
see the true side of people. The ignore list makes this site
way way better. And there arent arguments on the boards
if someone can just ignore the person.

I feel the 10 user limit is counter productive.
I dont want to install a plugin to handle this for me.
I really believe this should be a function everyone can use on these boards. Do you want people reading misinformation?
I dont get it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't get it...

I've been here since 2004 and don't have a single member on "Ignore".

Do you really want to miss half the conversation just becaus you don't agree with their views on a particular situation ?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

I also do not understand, like Anxietydisorder I has been in this boards since 2004 and I have nobody in my ignore list.

I guess you forgot to understand that this is a public board and discussion, debate and disagreements are part of its makeover, what will you do if all the people you disagree with are on your ignore list, you will then be surrounded with yes sir people that only will give you what you want to hear.

But then again the ignore is a feature that is given by ATS so you are in your right to do with it as you wish.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

"YOU" are the best ignore button in the world...

Don't like it? Don't want to read it?

Don't

Easy

Semper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think "Ignore" is more of a temporary way to follow a thread without being hassled by someone you've gotten heated with.

I think most members remove someone from "Ignore" after a few days when things have cooled down.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think that shows that you are threatened by others views which goes to show that you are insecure in what you believe. hahahahaha

I know, I know.... now I am another person you want to add to your 'ignore list' and the funny thing is, you CAN'T unless you unignore someone else whose views you obviously feel threatened by.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

been here 4 years and i have 7 people on ignore,
not because i dont agree with them
but because they refuse to be civil and last thing i want to do is go down a uncivil path and get my self in hot water

ignore great way to ignore the trolls

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Have checked to see if any of those on your "Ignore List" have since been banned ???

I find the ones that really get my goat are the ones that get banned.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

funny enough 3 i put on my ignore list got banned
or havent posted since last year

[edit on 17-8-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The Major can't imagine anyone ignoring the pearls of wisdom that the Major is so gracious to provide. Unless the ignorer is blessed with swine like cognitive abilities, then said ignore is appropriate. The Major shall continue to cast for the benefit and edification of ATS's membership .

Dismissed.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I've never put anyone on ignore in all the time I've been here. Not because they haven't pissed me off, but because I'm too nosy.
I'd put someone on ignore, see that they were the last post, and take them off ignore to see what they said.
Ignore lists are bad things for me.

[edit on 8/17/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Interesting that it wasn't until now and with this thread that I fund out that it was a limit to the amount of members you can put on ignore.

Zaphod58 I am with you I always want to know what the person that is debating me has to say even if I can not stand it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I would also like to see the ignore list extended to say, 50 people - but certainly way more than 10.

With so many new members joining all the time, it is becoming nearly impossible to find time to read all the posts on threads of interest.

I want to put the rabid skeptics and preaching christians onto ignore lists - none of them contribute anything of interest to me anymore.

Duncan

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Already onto this Semper - but putting people on ignore lists also makes long threads so much more readable.

Each time I dive into a new long thread, I quickly fill up the list with 10 people who contribute absolutely nothing except for one line tit-for-tats - that extend over 30 pages or more.

Or the people who announce "I don't believe this, its a hoax" and repeatedly post variations on that theme for another 50 pages.

Heck, I'd even pay money to ATS for the luxury of putting scores of people on ignore - it would save me so much time, money and frustration.

peace

Duncan

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

The only problem with that is that you are assuming what someone is going to say before they do. You WILL miss something that way. Unless they are a complete troll.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Memysabu, I saw a post that you were replying to on friday (8/15)...obviously you didnt like the OP or whatever...just saw that in the space of a couple three posts you had added 2 people to the ignore...and you made a comment (paraphrasing) like, the conversation gets much better with people on ignore...what?

You do realize this is a site that dedicated to debating?!? right?...with the intent of displelling ignorance...right? across ALL topics...right?

maybe you should just go find another site...I honestly don't see what enjoyment you could possibly get from ignoring whole swaths of us who dont agree with you...

and believe me, so far I don't!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ignore is the beginning of Ignorance.

It's a useful tool, but not a permanent solution.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Within these walls
I think you'll find
That if you've come
To close your mind
When you have left us
You will be blind.

But if you come
And open wide
Your eyes and ears
To every side
Then you will have left
Ignorance denied.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by My Sock Puppet

Exactly,

Isn't the motto of this site "Deny ignorance"? If so, is it not an oxymoron to have an "ignore" button?

In any sense, I could see how if you're the easily offended type than perhaps ignore is the best option. However I would also say perhaps ATS is not the best place for you.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I find that the 10 is enough for now but I can see how some people would want more. I rotate the players around just like my dynamic friend and foe list. It's just an internet message board so adapt it to your liking using the tools provided. It's all about personal responsibility so we can focus on the truth and ignore those things that may troll us to a lower level. Peace out G.

[edit on 8/17/08 by stikkinikki]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join