It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama school documents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Indonesian School Registration Papers

Barack Hussien Obama ... AKA Barry Soetoro

Citizenship listed .... Indonesian

Religion listed .... Muslim

The information is from from (alleged) official 'Obama' school documents

Just a little background information about 'The One' that the dems have picked as their messiah ... uh ... I mean party nominee to run for POTUS.

Just a guess ... but I betchya this chicago-mob-politician has more names and religions and citizenships then any other person who has ever run for POTUS. :shk:

The Washington Post confirms.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
In Indonesian schools it is common to list the religion of the father on school registration documents.

Did you not even read the article you linked? The title is "Obama Debunks Claim About Islamic School."

At first, Obama attended the Catholic school, Fransiskus Assisis, where documents showed he enrolled as a Muslim, the religion of his stepfather.

And even if he WAS Muslim (He is a Christian and has never been a Muslim), are you so intolerant of other faiths and cultures that it would be a problem?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Just a little background information about 'The One' that the dems have picked as their messiah ... uh ... I mean party nominee to run for POTUS.

I'd like to aim your seemingly divided attention to This thread . It aims to eliminate these boards of the fecal matter and bastardized name calling that you allude to. I bolded the referenced material above. Please refrain from use in the future, it really does make for a more enjoyable conversation for all involved.

Just a guess ... but I betchya this chicago-mob-politician has more names and religions and citizenships then any other person who has ever run for POTUS. :shk:

The washington post article that you reference us:

Obama debunks claim about Islamic School

That is the title. Now i would assert that your claim is false and of ill-intentions, but first i would ask you to prove your claim.

The article reads as such (please visit the link provided above for the full article)

Obama Debunks Claim About Islamic School

The contention that Obama was educated at a radical Muslim madrassa surfaced on the Web site of the conservative Insight magazine the day after Obama announced he was jumping into the 2008 presidential race. Conservative Internet blogs and the Fox News Channel picked up the story and spread the charges just as his candidacy was getting off the ground.

Obama on Wednesday called the reports "scurrilous," and his communications director e-mailed reporters a lengthy memo attempting to set the record straight.

"I think they recognize that the notion that me going to school in Indonesia for two years at a public school there at the age of 7 and 8 is probably not going to be endangering in some way the people of America," Obama said on NBC's "Today" show.

There is much more to the article, but this is the premise of the link you provided us.

You make the claim that this article agree's with your OP. I fail to see the connection.

This is also a matter covered in the latest book, "Obama Nation", which has already been 100% dispelled by the documents you can find in this thread

Your entire thread seems to rest on the fears of the average American where radical islam is concerned.

You attempt to draw a line of comparison between anything in the world of peace loving Muslims to the world of far-radical Islamic terrorists. Your attempt to draw such a line rises questions of the credibility of not only your source which attempts to do the same, but as to your over all intentions on the Decision 2008 boards as well.

I implore you to please review the material outlined Here before posting false and misrepresenting information again.

Those of us who have taken The pledge would surely appreciate it for the sake of intellectually stimulating conversation.

Thank you.

[edit on 8/15/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Did you not even read the article you linked? The title is "Obama Debunks Claim About Islamic School."

Which has nothing to do with anything on this thread at all.

The info is this - His citizenship was (and could still be) Indonesian.
His religion at that time - Muslim - even though he claims he never was.

are you so intolerant of other faiths and cultures that it would be a problem?

Get real. Lame deflection.

Are you so in love with 'The One' that you refuse to see information that doesn't shine a halo around Obamessiah? Looks like it.

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Please refrain from use in the future,

You have been here two months. I've been here for more than four years. DO NOT tell me what to do.

The contention that Obama was educated at a radical Muslim madrassa

Has nothing to do with anything on this thread. This thread is providing information - paperwork that shows Obama/Soetoro went by a different name, was (is?) an Indonesian citizen, and was a Muslim even though he claims he never was.

Your entire thread seems to rest on the fears of the average American where radical islam is concerned.

WRONG as usual.

The 'entire thread' is providing information to the reader ... documentation of Obama/Soetoro's citizenship and the fact that he lied about his former religion.

You attempt ...

WRONG as usual. I have attempted nothing.
I provided facts and documentation.

I implore you to please review the material outlined Here before posting false and misrepresenting information again.

Quit trying to campaign for mod. It's pretty pathetic

Oh .. and prove that the document is 'false and misrepresenting information'. Good luck with that. It's an official document and rather straight forward.

edited immediately to fix quote

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Your entire thread exists to try and create a line between peaceful muslims and radical Islam.

You refuse to adhere to a very simple standard of leaving out garbage "sources" that provide no credible information, and instead persist on bastardizing names to fit some hidden childish agenda..

You fail to even TRY to back up your point, and instead continue to rely on an article that totally dispells your original thread.

You cite, in your OP, an article that proves that your thread is a lie (the one you link to) ..? Really?

You have been here two months. I've been here for more than four years. DO NOT tell me what to do.

And clearly this type of posting is a perfect example of:
The amount of time you've been with ATS in no way relates to the quality of material posted by a user.

If you've been here that much longer than me - why can't you stop posting PROVEN false information in the form of truth about a candidate?

I'm just trying to help you. You can oppose Obama if you want.
But the thread you create is based on lies, and has already been proven so.

So why post it to begin with?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Your entire thread exists to try and create a line between peaceful muslims and radical Islam.

WRONG again. (and poor attempt at deflection)

The entire thread exists to show an official document -that Obama's full name was different, that he was (is?) and Indonesian citizen, and his former religion was Muslim even though he claims he never was one.

It's all about his LIES.

why can't you stop posting PROVEN false information in the form of truth about a candidate?

Post a link showing the school document is fake - that he never went by the name Soetoro .. that he never was an Indonesian citizen or that his family never claimed Indonesian citizenship for him .. .

Again - good luck with that.

BTW .. since you have only been here two months, and I have been here more than four years ... you obviously missed the many, many times that I have been VERY clear that there is a strong difference between ISLAM and RADICAL ISLAM. Your continued attempts at deflection and attempts to portray this information as somehow anti-Islamic are dead wrong.

It's all about Obama's lies. TRY to understand the simplicity of that.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I betchya this chicago-mob-politician has more names and religions and citizenships then any other person who has ever run for POTUS.

Before we go any further, lets evaluate the body of your OP:
What exactly is the washington post confirming? That Obama has more names and religions and citizenships than any other person who has ever run for President?

Where does the link provide us with that evidence?
Did you just google some inane statement and pick the first one that came up?

Hint: The "im feeling lucky" button from google doesnt always make for good content. Dont rely on it.

So lets see. More snippets from the article you graciously provide us to fight your argument with:

Obama's mother, divorced from Obama's father, married a man from Indonesia named Lolo Soetoro, and the family relocated to the country from 1967-71. At first, Obama attended the Catholic school, Fransiskus Assisis, where documents showed he enrolled as a Muslim, the religion of his stepfather.

The document required that each student choose one of five state-sanctioned religions when registering _ Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic or Protestant. Gibbs said he wasn't sure why the document had Obama listed as a Muslim.

"Senator Obama has never been a Muslim," Gibbs said. "As a six-year-old in Catholic school, he studied the catechism."

The Illinois senator is a member of the United Church of Christ.

Can you explain to me again:
What is the relevance to your unsubstantiated claims based on articles that do not support your theory what so ever?

Why would Barack Obama be a muslim, going to a Christian Church, 13 years before 9/11 ever happened? Did he KNOW 9/11 was going to happen, so he knew he had to hide his "muslim background" ??? Do you realize how much sense that *doesnt* make?

This fear of Muslims, portrayed by the insinuations that your OP makes, was fueled from 9/11. Before that day, nobody ever feared "muslims". It was just something Mohammad Ali made a big stink about during the height of his career.

Your story has too many loose ends. You talk about things, even though disproven and/or explained, from the history of a 7 or 8 year old boy.

Let me ask you something: How much control did you have over your parents when you were 7 or 8?

I thought so.

And PLEASE try to be mature enough to leave the name calling at the door. It really is "so 1990"

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

What exactly is the washington post confirming? That Obama has more names and religions and citizenships than any other person who has ever run for President?

Guess you missed the 'betchya' that I posted before that personal comment, eh?

The Washington Post confirms that the document exists.

What is the relevance to your unsubstantiated claims ...

Again .. (third time?) You keep trying to deflect with all sorts of things - but the FACT is that the school document proves Obama's lies. Period.

The official school document lists his name as SOETORO. It lists his citzenship as Indonesian. It lists his religion as Muslim.

You still claim it's false - and yet have given no proof that this document is fake.

Tick tock tick tock ... still waiting.

and PLEASE try to be mature enough to leave the name calling at the door. It really is "so 1990"

You have the audacity to make that insinuation (yet another deflection attempt) ... and even worse - to make it after all that off topic deflection attempts that you posted?

Passive/aggressive much?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Did he KNOW 9/11 was going to happen, so he knew he had to hide his "muslim background" ??? Do you realize how much sense that *doesnt* make?

And WHY are you running off about 9/11?
It's really rather strange that you are.

Again - 4th time - The school document shows Obama lied. His name was Soetoro. He was listed as an Indonesian citizen and a muslim.

This fear of Muslims, portrayed by the insinuations that your OP makes, was fueled from 9/11. Before that day, nobody ever feared "muslims".

Actually you are DEAD wrong about that. But this post of yours is so off topic that I'm going to ignore it. Otherwise I'd be 'feeding the troll'.

Your story has too many loose ends.

I have no 'story'. Just a school document.
No 'loose ends'. Just a document.

You talk about things, even though disproven and/or explained, from the history of a 7 or 8 year old boy.

I'm not the one chatting it up here bud. YOU are.

I'm not 'talking about things'. I am presenting a document.
You are the one running off about radical islam and 9/11.

And again - you have not 'disproven' the school document.

Come back when you can ...

edited immediately to fix quote

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Is this a joke thread? Did you read the article you posted at all?

From your source

Obama, who was born in Hawaii, moved to Indonesia at age 6 to live with his mother and stepfather, attending schools in the country until age 10, when he returned to Hawaii to live with his maternal grandparents.

I'm sure between the ages of 6 and 10 Mr. Obama had made up his mind decisively about what faith he had decided to follow. I'm sure he wasn't too distracted by recess and snack time.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The sources used in this thread to support the lies and filth that it attempts to spread, are the exact same thing used against you.

The purpose of your thread was to call Obama a liar and say he has more than one religion, one nationality, and one name.

The washington post article you give us is proof that you are lying.

And do please leave the immature name calling at the door.

its starting to attract flies.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Is this a joke thread? Did you read the article you posted at all?

I read it ... but apparently you didn't.

Obama has claimed that he was NEVER muslim. The document shows otherwise. It also shows that he was (and could still be) an indonesian citizen. It also shows his name was Soetoro for a time.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Doesnt a person get to decide their own religion?

I know of thousands of pepole who attended Christian church as a child - because their parents forced them to - and who now are atheists.

Nobody is accusing them of being Christian.

Your unadulterated lying has smeared these boards again.

I am embarassed for even responding to you, when you cannot even do something so simple and mature as stop calling names in a civil mannered board.

This is my last reply.
Have fun wallering in that ignorance you call "obama school documents"

I'm out.

p.s. I dont have to prove that you're lying. Your OP provides enough proof that shows everyone, and you did that all by yourself. (makes my job much easier)

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The purpose of your thread was to call Obama a liar and say he has more than one religion, one nationality, and one name.

Finally. You actually are on topic.
The purpose was to show a document that proves Obama lied.

The washington post article you give us is proof that you are lying.

Uh .. wrong. The Washington Post article shows that the document does exist.

And do please leave the immature name calling at the door.

Off topic deflection again. False insinuation as well.
BTW .. YOU are the one calling names .. 'liar' to be exact. Not me.
Glass houses Mr. Wiggin.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Doesnt a person get to decide their own religion?

Obama said he was never muslim.
The document shows otherwise.
He lied.

I know of thousands of pepole who attended Christian church as a child - because their parents forced them to - and who now are atheists.

And if they claimed that they were never Christian then they would be telling lies just like Obama is telling lies.

Nobody is accusing them of being Christian.

And I'm not 'accusing' Obama of being Muslim.
I'm accusing him of telling lies.
The document is the reason for the accusation.

Your unadulterated lying has smeared these boards again.

... and lookie here ... Mr. Wiggin is posting false information and is name calling.

I am embarassed for even responding to you,

Then go away.

when you cannot even do something so simple and mature as stop calling names in a civil mannered board.

and this from someone who just got through falsely calling me 'liar' more than once. Comical ...

I dont have to prove that you're lying.

Actually, you do. You called me a liar just because I posted a school document that shows Obama lied and you don't like it. YOU have to prove the document is a fake. And you still haven't.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde

Which has nothing to do with anything on this thread at all.

The article YOU linked in YOUR opening post has...nothing to do with YOUR thread?

Now I'm just confused.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Obama said he was never muslim.
The document shows otherwise.
He lied.

Obama never was muslim. His father (who was a muslim) probably enrolled him in the school and when asked what religion he was he just wrote in muslim because that's what religion he was. I have no idea why they used a different name, and frankly it doesn't really matter. Obama was 6-10 at the time, he had no say whatsoever. He didn't lie, his mom or dad did.

Obama has said repeatedly that he was raised in a secular home, probably because his mom and dad were of different religions. I was raised the same way, my mom is a christian and my dad is jewish. That doesn't make me a christian or a jew, its up to each individual to make up their own mind about what faith they wish to follow.

I acknowledge that Obama, coming from a half-muslim family, probably has more knowledge and experience with muslim cultures and traditions.

Now here's the tricky part:

Why, in a country that invests so much time, money and effort in the middle east (a predominantly muslim part of the world) would anyone ever consider that a bad quality for the potential president to have?

Please, take your time and answer to the best of your ability.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is not an official document and the information on it is meaningless. His step father wrote that stuff. Just because his step father said the child was a Muslim doesn't mean anything. Nothing. His step-father does not get to impose a religion on the child. He didn't lie. If anything, the step-father did.

As far as the citizenship? Show me something legal. Something official. And what if he was Indonesian at the time? What difference would that make? He's still a natural-born citizen of the USA.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
We cannot control what family we were born to or how we were raised. The fact that Barack Obamas step father wrote this (if this is valid) does not prove anything at all.

Now Barack Obama is a christian, he says his a christian, the constitution gives him that freedom of choice and you would have to catch him doing the "5 prayers a day" routine before you can prove anything... so Obama is by all means christian. You have no say in the matter Flyersfan.

Why do you people get yourselves so caught up in such propaganda? I dont understand it? There are plenty of topics regarding the policies and experiences of the candidates to which could be debated.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Well said,
I just started a thread explaining where this propaganda comes from. It is seeded daily across the web by followers of Jerome Corsi and his white supremacist bedmates.
The birth certificate fiasco is exposed on the above thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join