It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not afraid to kick Russia out of Georgia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by no name needed
Have you ever seen a bully get what is coming to him?

This is what the " whatever was for "

We're not bullies and what exactly does " get what is coming to him? " mean.

Yes Europe, Nato, United Nations etc... America needs to stay out of it if possible.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Perhaps you are so gung ho about starting a war with Russia because you will be too old to get sent there to die.

Usually the ones screaming the loudest for war are the ones who have no vested interest or personal risk involved.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
obviously you believe we havent implemented any kind of protection from nukes, we have, its in place and it works 100 percent of the time, its been tested, and it has about 4 different levels of itself,

1. anti missle umbrella coast to coast, in place
2. particle beam weapons and space based kinetic weapons
3. high altitude ionization that will destroy missles in flight

So I am not worried about russian missles, at all actually
so if they want to go that route let em,

They will be the ones living under the ground
not us

You really are clueless about nukes aren't you. You are not worried about them? Maybe you should fill yourself in on the destruction caused by a nuclear device. Please stop with these disturbing comments about creating a nuclear holocaust. If you still want to live on this planet in the future I suggest you tone down your warmongering and start with things that help inprove this planet not destroy it.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

????????????????????PLEASE?????????????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!you forget the europes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f....o.... I can see that this happens... America will kick Russia into their a...
and I am from Europe...HA HA HA... How funny, when the bombs who should land in Russia fall down here...

PFFFFFFFFF***********STOP FIGHTING!!!**********

Nia

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Ohhhhh, we are not bullies huh?!?!?! Let's take a survey on that and see what the consensus is. Let's see...we go and start/get in the middle of conflicts that have no bearing on the safety of OUR country. We ignore the UN and take conflicts to the front door of others. We get involved in issues half way around the world, when others that are right there in the geographical neighborhood are steering clear....that, my friend, is a bully!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdoug1
The only problem with the "bully" senerio is that WE ARE NOT THE WORLD POLICE.

This is my stance on the issue. Let them handle their own affairs. I don't care if they are smaller and have little means of defense. Whatever happened to "survival of the fittest?" Let Russia have Georgia for lunch. Let Iran have Israel for lunch. Our being involved is merely political and a "show" of might which is not what this country was supposed to be about.

There were good reasons why our foreign policy was originally not intended to be one of "making allies."

I am not concerned for the ppl over THERE (sad, maybe.. but what/who is in front of me is my main concern). If they were meant to be my concern, then the 'powers that be' would have put me over there. My concern is with what is going on OVER HERE and our dwindling free market and our dwindling rights that were laid out in the ORIGINAL constitution.

I know many ppl will say "but what if russia tries to attack us..." Well, goddammit, if we step even more into this pile of *snip* we can be almost guaranteed that they will.

If we don't step into this and start thinking more about our defenses here at home, when and/or if russia comes after us, then we will fight.... If we lose, then apparently they were the "fittest".

I just see no more good coming out of helping georgia than I do coming out of us helping Israel. (yes, two different circumstances, but same disastrous outcome if we don't mind our business). Bad things are up ahead and this lull is filled with dread that rests in the pit of my stomach.

Get our men home and lets start preparing to protect OUR ppl on OUR land!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think some of y'all need to read a little history. Like The sudetenland just prior to the start of WWII. Hitler just kept moving forward because nobody had the stones to say ENOUGH. I am not a war lover, but Putin is making scary noises and making scary moves. Where will he stop, if no one says ENOUGH?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If Georgia would of kept their hands off the two autonomous regions, Russia would not have invaded.

Anyways, we have two wars going on right now, do we need a third with Russia? What about Bush and his love of invading Iran?

I do find it interesting we are passing judgement on a country that has invaded a country without the UN's OK. (Iraq anyone?)

Just a few thoughts on the matter.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oldcop911

I believe that the UN is fully capable of determining if action should be taken against Russia. "Jumping the gun" appears to be America's favorite pastime. It's a European issue that should be dealt with initially and primarily by Europeans.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I havent seen Russia make any attempt at invading or overthrowing the government of a soverign nation. I havent seen Russia occupy any country that is 3,000 miles away for the better part of six years. I havent seen Russia force their way of life onto other nations in order to promote "their" way of thinking and believing.

I havent seen Russia seize an entire country in order to reap the profits from their oil wells/natural resources. I havent heard Vladamir Putin talking about the need to spread Russian ideology at any cost.

Russia responded to an attempted ethnic cleansing of it's own citizens in an outer province that was under attack. How would you expect America to respond if we were to find out that Russia was sending billions of dollars and weaponry to Mexico with the attempt to influence the politics of that country for the benefit of Russia?

Ask yourself that, if Russia was propping up Mexico as a sattelite puppet state, then Mexico decided to take back Texas by invasion and military action, do you not feel that America would have a right to respond? Would you not expect the US military to protect it's citizens?

The only war mongering and posturing is being done by America. I am a proud American and I hate to admit it, but our government is the one showing signs of pre-WWII Germany. Only this time instead of picking a fight with a country the size of Oregon our government is trying to dominate a country that actually has the ability to defend itself.

You don't push the Russian bear without getting mauled in the process. Ask Hitler, ask Napoleon, our idiot leadership is about to start a war that will result in the deaths of MILLIONS on both sides.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Touche' and well played! You are exactly right and calling it as it is. Well done and well worded. Star for you.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am still unclear on the issue of ethnic cleansing. Is this an established fact? The human rights group over there said no. Are they wrong, or worse, lying?

These autonomous regions, were they not part of Georgia? Why would Georgia care if there were Russian 'volunteer' militia pouring in by the bus load if that were the case? Remember these two countries had forces in both regions for a Long time (years) before this 'event'. Suddenly it's a problem? How did that happen.

I question the validity of Russia's actions as much as I do Georgia's. How is it that some seem so convinced that Russia is in the right? Southern Ossetia's autonomous nature applies to Russia as much as it does Georgia, no?

And another question; is Russian an ethnicity now?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Right on, another star from me.

Being from ex-yugoslavia, I have to tell, I personally feel so much resentment towards good ol' US of A, that I believe you actually manipulated this small country of Georgia into poking the waking bear.
As you may instigated dissolving of my ex-country.

I may not be alone.
It is you, who reek of nazi methods. Maybe you shouldnt read history below good&evil.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I havent seen Russia make any attempt at invading or overthrowing the government of a soverign nation. I havent seen Russia occupy any country that is 3,000 miles away for the better part of six years. I havent seen Russia force their way of life onto other nations in order to promote "their" way of thinking and believing.

I havent seen Russia seize an entire country in order to reap the profits from their oil wells/natural resources. I havent heard Vladamir Putin talking about the need to spread Russian ideology at any cost.

Russia responded to an attempted ethnic cleansing of it's own citizens in an outer province that was under attack. How would you expect America to respond if we were to find out that Russia was sending billions of dollars and weaponry to Mexico with the attempt to influence the politics of that country for the benefit of Russia?

Ask yourself that, if Russia was propping up Mexico as a sattelite puppet state, then Mexico decided to take back Texas by invasion and military action, do you not feel that America would have a right to respond? Would you not expect the US military to protect it's citizens?

The only war mongering and posturing is being done by America. I am a proud American and I hate to admit it, but our government is the one showing signs of pre-WWII Germany. Only this time instead of picking a fight with a country the size of Oregon our government is trying to dominate a country that actually has the ability to defend itself.

You don't push the Russian bear without getting mauled in the process. Ask Hitler, ask Napoleon, our idiot leadership is about to start a war that will result in the deaths of MILLIONS on both sides.

This article backs up the idea that Georgia, NOT Russia are the aggressors here..(with the help of the U.S. and Isreal)

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The way I see it, Southern Ossetia is comprised primarily of Russian people. They identify as Russian, they even fled to Russia when the conflict began.

Being that these were primarily Russian people, this is more than enough reason for Russian military to react.

Im not 100% on the ethnic cleansing either as there have been many stories surfacing and it looks like there have been a few horrors commited by both sides. It doesnt change the fact that Georgia acted first and Russia was obligated to protect it's citizens.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

I agree that it is a European issue, just as Hitler annexing the Sudetenland was a League of Nations Issue. The Un is just as impotent as was the League of Nations. Hitler went into the Sudedetenland on exactly the same pretext. If these folks are our allies, then we, as a matter of national honor, are required to support them. If the Europeans won't stop them, unfortunately, it falls to us.

Georgia is a soverign nation, and if the seperatists asked to get smacked down, then they deserve what they get.

We caved over Kosovo (which to Serbia is like our Boston, Philidelphia, Concord area) when the majority of Albanians , as I understand it, settled there after WWII. I don't think we should cave in now.

I am not saying that at this point our troops should be involved, but we should be sending them the modern weapons systems that would allow them to defend themselves (obviously no nukes though).

And to: BlackOps719, I don't believe we Invaded Irag for Oil. If that was so, then we wouldn't be pouring out treasure to help them, we would be making money on the deal. I haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Randy Echo

Sounds like you're discussing the HAARP weapons developed by Nikola Tesla.

You do know that the Russian have also developed a device containing MULTIPLE nuclear warheads that can penetrate this umbrella, right? the idea is...if you give them all you've got, maybe just ONE will get in. And all it takes is one nuke.

all's fair in love and war...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Great analogy and much how it was explained to me. The possibility of the Mexican Army being paid off by a foreign country to take up arms against us is a very real one and in this case... to bring it to the home level the article did is an EXCELLENT way of describing what is going on over there.

The scary thing is to think that America is pulling the strings on Georgia, which seems to be more and more likely the more that is coming out.

What then? That is what I wonder? If our country is doing something so manipulative (which most likely it is as it has done before), being citizens of this country would make us responisible, would it not?

Again, I have this overwhelming sense of dread as far as our country and its intentions in all of this.

Exactly why staying out of such things and not making allies was an excellent idea.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

It seems everyone making this a political situation against Russia are forgetting that the people are moving into Russia. Most of the citizens of the autonomous regions are Russian. The areas have been in dispute since the break up of the USSR. Georgia wants the land, and so did Russia. The conflict has been ongoing for a while and just recently flared up.

BTW, the US would NEVER invade a sovereign nation without approval of her main allies.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randy Echo
obviously you believe we havent implemented any kind of protection from nukes, we have, its in place and it works 100 percent of the time, its been tested, and it has about 4 different levels of itself,

1. anti missle umbrella coast to coast, in place
2. particle beam weapons and space based kinetic weapons
3. high altitude ionization that will destroy missles in flight

So I am not worried about russian missles, at all actually
so if they want to go that route let em,

They will be the ones living under the ground
not us

100% effectiveness?

So you have total faith in the above (alleged) AMB systems protecting the USA (and hopefully you're including the rest of NATO) from the 3,113 strategic warheads that Russia currently holds. Plus the thousands of tactical nukes. So, by your reckoning in a nuclear war, Russia wouldn't be able to get a single warhead through??

What if one gets through and decimates New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. Will it be worth going into to help Georgia then. who incidently started all this in the first place?!

The US and NATO should stay the hell away. I know as a Brit that the UK being Bush's puppet would be right behind you in any conflict with Russia which is worrying....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join