It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europen Court Halted Garry McKinnon extradition to US !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Europen Court Halted Garry McKinnon extradition to US !

ufoblogger.blogspot.com

Hi guys,its a great news and i congratulate every one and those too who had singed the petitioning to supported Halting McKinnon extradition here at UFO Blogger.

According to solicitor Karen Todner in his statement"The presidents of the Europeans Court Human Rights have granted interim relief to Gary Mckinnon for a period of two week until 28 August,2008 for the application to be heard before the full Chamber".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Woohoo! One step in the right direction!

ufoblogger.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
That is great news. I hope they protect him from the unjust U.S. sentence lengths for the type of crime he committed. Up to 60 years for using default administrator accounts that were never assigned passwords? Come on, doesn't the US have bigger fish to fry? The guy was harmless and the justice system here doesn't/won't take that into consideration.

What he did is wrong but they shouldn't effectively end his life as a civilian and throw him into some human warehouse for the rest of his life. Slap him on the wrist, put him in jail for 90 days, and give him a computer job afterwords working for the government!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
He exploited the government on their own stupid mistake, they should be thanking him for making it public. I agree, the guy has no place over here in the US doing long term jail time. Slap him on the wrist, sure, but lets face it, he wasnt really a threat. If he was, it was the governments fault for being so inept.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Taken from Project Camelots Website:

"On the European Court of Human Rights to hear McKinnon Case:

I am concerned over the speed of this now. Regarding Abu Hamza, (a radical Muslim preacher accused of helping to set up a terrorist training camp in the United States), we heard they are also hearing his case and the UK is staying extradition on this until the European Court rules:

Radical Islamic cleric Abu Hamza has extradition to US postponed

Excerpt:

Last Updated: 12:08AM BST 05 Aug 2008

The European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg gave the order as the 48-year-old's lawyers claimed he would be kept in inhuman conditions.
US authorities want to jail Hamza in America's most secure jail, the Supermax ADX Florence in Colorado, which houses 38 convicted international terrorists.
His lawyers claim that prisoners live in boxes, there is only two hours exercise per week, there are no family visits and every correspondence is intercepted.
The Home Secretary Jacqui Smith has already approved Hamza's extradition and last month Hamza was refused leave to appeal to the Law Lords, the highest court in England and Wales.

A Home Office spokesperson said: "The decision is a matter for the European Court. We shall seek to have his case expedited so it is heard as soon as possible." End excerpt.

But you can see that THEY ARE ALREADY SAYING THEY WANT TO SEND Hamza to the Colorado Supermax... So the European Court could say that they have tangible evidence of what could be termed 'cruelty or possible inhumane treatment'... In Gary's case they do NOT yet, to my knowledge have any indication of where they plan to send him. This could be an indicator that may make arguing the case more difficult for Gary's side.

And efforts to contact Majestic via DB may have moved the timeline because they (the PTB) are afraid we might gather more evidence and a following for Gary that would force the secret space program into the public arena. Because of this, they may be escalating matters.

But I want to stress that the evidence Gary found for the secret space program is likely his only TRUMP CARD. If he doesn't play it then the Americans may be able to simply promise not to torture him...

But I am no legal expert... What they may be doing behind the scenes could be something like, 'you give us Hamza and you can keep Gary....!!'

Who knows."

What a lot of the global (sic) population don't seem to understand about Gary's case, in particular, is that he did very little, in the way of damage. The main damage was to the American glass ego.

They have managed to get an extradition order based on an UNFAIR and BIASED extradition treaty, (that denegrates British citizens to a level where they have no rights to a fair trial,) that breaks human rights written into the British statute books in the form of the Human Rights Act.

This is what Gary's fight is mainly about.

The Law Lords made a grave error of judgement when granting extradition and their published ruling has a MAJOR error in it. It basically assumes that if found guilty in the US Gary will serve 7-10 years and then be repatriated.

There is no mention of 7-10 years PER COUNT!!

It's about time the Brits started making as much noise about this as possible!

Thanks to all those that already are!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Another article about this here.

I hope this guy doesnt get extradited to the US with their horrible prisons. He doesnt deserve it at all. In fact, I wouldnt even call him a real criminal.

Just look at this bogus crap they are saying:

Gary McKinnon is accused of "the biggest military hack of all time:" breaking into computer systems owned by the Pentagon, US Army, the Navy, and NASA systems. Motivated by a search for real-world evidence of UFOs, he is accused of doing $700,000 worth of damage to the computers he broke into.

Its such a load of lies. First of all, McKinnon "hacked" the system by guessing the passwords! From what I remember from this story before, they had no password or a default password on the root accounts. McKinnon just tried them and they worked.

And now they go on about "the biggest military hack of all time"...

If there is any justice, this guy gets fined for it. More than that, he doesnt deserve. He did absolutely no damage at all to the computers. The figure 700.000 is as usual grabbed from the air.

The United States legal system...

At least the European court still works.

Oh, and...

US prosecutors say they are willing to ask for a shortened four year sentence if he pleads guilty. However, if McKinnon continues to fight, they will ask the court to impose a 70-year sentence.

Blackmail is apparently legal when they are doing it.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
cmiskp.echr.coe.int...

But you can't have Hamza!? Doesn't make any sense!

Shame on the ECHR!!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, the current extradition treaty that the UK signed with the US has yet to be signed by the US government.
Bearing that in mind, how can there be a treaty unless both sides sign it into law and it provides equal / reciprocal provisions to both countries?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Write to the Home Office now:-

[email protected]

Do not let this injustice happen unchallenged.

Ross

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This just shows us that our government truely is the lapdog of the US government. Didn't we used to fight to stop our citizens being deported and jailed in a foreign prison?

A sad day for human rights.

new topics

top topics

join