It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'2 US aircraft carriers headed for Gulf'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

Nope. Iran can't be wiped off the map, as they have massive underground facilities even bunker-busters can't destroy. You see, Israel's perpetual sabre-rattling has prepared her enemies. Israel has shown its hand, and Iran has prepared.

I don't want anyone to die - death is rubbish.

It's weird we scream for our own self-determination, yet when Iran wants it, it's a bad thing to be stifled.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

I heard that iran can fire 20 thousand rockets at israel within 5 mins of an attack by israel.. I believe they are very capable of hitting israel hard,

Well that was good for a laugh....

20,000 rockets in 5 minutes? Not even the US has 20,000 ballistic missiles...
My god.... please. Just... stop.

Where on earth did you hear this?
I would love to see the source you got this from.

Reminds of the "45 minute claim" regarding Iraq in 2003.
Saddam could apparently launch chemical attacks on the US or Britain within 45 minutes notice.
How believable does that sound today?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think if this war starts, it'll be worse then we could have imagined, and it will last forever. This kind of war would start worldwide terrorism and ridiculous amounts of anarchy. There will be riots across the globe and slaughter in every town. This isn't a war anyone should hope to happen soon. Its going to be THE WAR. The only war ever talked about again for a long long history to come.

I hate to make this statement and seem anti-american for you ats folk, though maybe we should recognize iran as the threat and power that they are, and treat them with a little more respect and hope that not looking at them like little children will help them want to fix the problem diplomaticly. Even though diplomats can't fix shiii. Though this Amadidajad or whatever seems like he's got some intelligence and I'm sure when treated like a human, he could compromise his animosity and help the world be more peaceful like the rest of the world wants.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Myendica]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I wouldn't be suprised to see a conflict between Iran and Israel blow up a bit but I don't see WW3 happening.

You do realize that both World Wars were the result of one asassination? I certainly think there is the potential for World War when we are talking about the destruction of the Holy Land and the crippling of the world's fuel infrastructure.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Iran have thousands of chemicals and biologicals weapons. But of course they don't have nukes.

But even in the Iraq-Iran war, they didn't used them. Using them against Israel would mean Israel could retaliate with nukes... so it could turn bad very very fast.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The worst part of all this is that the media ahs made it that the US/Israel will take Iran out in a couple of days which is miles from the truth. It is almost certain that such an attack on Iran will allow the various nations of the ME to join together against the common enemy Israel. Iran is backed by some very serious and capable hardware from Russia and China and all those who think its going to be a push over are in for a big shock.

Iran is not Iraq and the allies have een fighting there now for 5 years with no end still in sight. Iran on the other hand has had years to prepare for this war, the country is huge compared to Iraq and the population is nearly 4 times bigger than Iraq so its not going to be a push over.

It will be relatively easy to block the straits of Hormuz despite what America and its allies try to do. As such oil prices will sky rocket and the effect that will have on Western economies will be disasterous. Petrol will be 20$ a gallon and thats if you can get any, plus oil is in thousands of every day products. if its some one's grand plan to wreck the World this is it.

Everything should and must be done to prevent a tiny country with a tiny population, Israel, from engulfing the World in a World War and Global meltdown

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The last quote (By Iran) that i saw was 11,000 rockets. Rockets and ballistic misiles are completely different. Remember waht Hamas fires is usually Katyusha "rockets"...Iran has TONS of these. That is where the number comes from. Hezbollha is said to have over 40,000 rcokets, but not ballistic missles.

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by Truther

I heard that iran can fire 20 thousand rockets at israel within 5 mins of an attack by israel.. I believe they are very capable of hitting israel hard,

Well that was good for a laugh....

20,000 rockets in 5 minutes? Not even the US has 20,000 ballistic missiles...
My god.... please. Just... stop.

Where on earth did you hear this?
I would love to see the source you got this from.

Reminds of the "45 minute claim" regarding Iraq in 2003.
Saddam could apparently launch chemical attacks on the US or Britain within 45 minutes notice.
How believable does that sound today?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Actually there are a few countries in the ME that would not cry one bit about Iran being attacked and they have said so both publicly and privately.

Countries that wouldnt say anything and would like to see it (but might not say so): UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia.

Countries that would oppose publicly, possibly militarily: Syria, Lebanon (now that its being run by Hezbollah), Jordan and Egypt.

Originally posted by magicmushroom
The worst part of all this is that the media ahs made it that the US/Israel will take Iran out in a couple of days which is miles from the truth. It is almost certain that such an attack on Iran will allow the various nations of the ME to join together against the common enemy Israel. Iran is backed by some very serious and capable hardware from Russia and China and all those who think its going to be a push over are in for a big shock.

Iran is not Iraq and the allies have een fighting there now for 5 years with no end still in sight. Iran on the other hand has had years to prepare for this war, the country is huge compared to Iraq and the population is nearly 4 times bigger than Iraq so its not going to be a push over.

It will be relatively easy to block the straits of Hormuz despite what America and its allies try to do. As such oil prices will sky rocket and the effect that will have on Western economies will be disasterous. Petrol will be 20$ a gallon and thats if you can get any, plus oil is in thousands of every day products. if its some one's grand plan to wreck the World this is it.

Everything should and must be done to prevent a tiny country with a tiny population, Israel, from engulfing the World in a World War and Global meltdown

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Like we really need MORE of our troops over there. I have to say, the middle east is like the really, really sandy armpit of the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Oh great, more military presence by Iran...>Were not building up forces, just "protecting our interests in the ME"

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Iran can fire 11,000 missiles in a minute.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I heard Iran hired Chuck Norris and U.S. cloned Davie Crockett to fight one another. I'm sure this will be an epic battle of biblical proportions.

But honestly this does sound very bad for Iran and for Israel. It seems there won't be any peace until the whole world is dragged into the "oil" game. I think it is just the game is finally up.

We've heard of global warming. We've seen some species dying off. The great apes and their types are dying off. The Bee population is dying off. Doesn't anyone else see what is going on? We're headed for something big, but nothing like we've ever seen before.

I'm on nobody's side. I don't want a NWO or a democracy government or a liberal political mess. I want love and friendship. Now how many want love and friendship? Not many in this world know the truth of love or of friendship. Sad days to come, but hold strong until the end.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Middle East oil gets disrupted by the war........

Price of oil doubles.

Europe needs replacement oil........

Russia sells it, at excessive profits.. Russia also has enough resources to Cover China's needs as well at an increased price (supply and demand above and beyond "OPEC regulations"

Russia send troops to "protect" Iran .. lol .. common people, learn a little about International Relations ..

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

'2 US aircraft carriers headed for Gulf'

www.jpost.com

Two additional United States naval aircraft carriers are heading to the Gulf and the Red Sea, according to the Kuwaiti newspaper Kuwait Times.

Kuwait began finalizing its "emergency war plan" on being told the vessels were bound for the region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

BE careful of the JP. Highly speculative. CVN-71 is off the US east coast conducting reactor test and CVN-76 is in the pacific 7th Fleet AOR and has been heading west for the last week or so AWAY from 5th Fleet AOR.

Besides CVN-72 which is already in the 5th Fleet AOR bombing Afghanistan no other CVNs are nearby. There are 6 other CVNs of the East and West cost of the USA conducting drills and 4 smaller LHA/LHD's but none are behaving suspiciously for now. I'd wait a bit before making any assumptions here.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I was just about to beg for some informed people to chime in. Thank-you Rockpuck!
Stop this dumb talk or is it a morbid desire for WWIII? Do you think China and Russia are just watching the news for their information? How long do you think back door diplomacy has been going on?

The U.S. will not sanction (give Israel the nod) to attack anyone until all the ducks are in a row. That means Russia gets to wag their finger at us in public but behind the scenes makes huge money providing oil and maybe even selling arms to Iran. China I'm sure has gotten some sweet deal too because both of those countries know they have a determined U.S. government with an agenda so they could really stick it to us at the negotiation table. Nukes? Even Amadineajad has said that is so 20th century. Nobody is nuking anybody in this conflict, and that is even if it does become anything......and on that note.

Ramping this up is good for the McCain campaign because we still have plenty of dumb Americans that believe only a Republican cares about national defense and a Democrat is just too stupid or scared to be tough.
There might even be some that think spending all that time in the Hanoi Hilton gave McCain the time to become a brilliant tactician.

This ramping up is also good for Amadinejad because it gets his people to focus on nationalism and not that they are living more and more like North Korea. Gee, doesn't our current administration use this kind of crap for the same purpose.

its good for the oil speculators. damn, the list is nearly endless. But if someone fails to pull back on this World federation of wrestling type punch then it could result in some interesting developments. Just like what we did to our buddy Saddam, he was playing by the rules but he was double crossed by Bush senior....mostly because mother Thatcher insisted....but that is another story isn't it?

Money to be made in fear. Uncertainty with actual war. The odds are the greed for economic advantage will prevail.....but if someone decides to cheat or doesn't play by the rules....well fine....go ahead with the doomsday scenerios

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Which carrier groups have suddenly been sent?

www.gonavy.jp...

thats a nice and very updated list as to what ships are where , WestLant is western atlantic , EastPac is eastern Pacific;

enterprise is in refit , george washington is in san diego being repaired after the fire, nimitz is at her home port undergoing PIA till decemeber , kitty hawk is in a mess , i mean she could be available but there was a good reason they were decomisioning her now....

eisenhower is in the atlantic , carl vinsen is undergoing ROCH (refueling) and won`t be ready till 2009 at the very earliest , rooservelt is an atlantic carrier , but has just finished operation brimstone , lincoln is allready on station in thr gulf , stennis is in bremerton (- its home page is featuring a picnic for families and crew today
the truman is in the atlantic and the ronald reagan is allready in westpac anyway.

so i ask , which 2 carrier groups have they magic`d up and are either allready commited or in another ocean?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Thanks for your help in bringing some sense to this YAWWIII - Yet Another War With Iran Is Imminent - thread. I wonder how many threads on this subject there are now. And most, if not all, based on hearsay and/or blatant propaganda.

If one really wanted to know if such a war was really being planned, instead of reading the Jerusalem Post, I might try to find people in the defense industries to see if production on attack missiles and JDAM's was being ramped up and factories were working overtime. Because if there is an attack on iran, it will be with "20,000" attack missiles and JDAM's raining down on iran, and not the other way around. Those kinds of weapons stocks can't built overnight, so that's where I'd look.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
[edit on 7/8/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Iran has been expecting an assault for years now and seeing how they are not a third world country and have signifigant funds im willing to be they are not showing all their cards.. If Israel engages them in a full frontal assault they WILL play dead, they will throw up there arms and say OK OK OK dont bomb us back to the stone age.

Then you will see the cards they have been keeping close to there chests.. Think sleeper cells in Bethlehem armed with sarin, think shabab missiles with dirty bomb warheads.. All the ugly horrible # that we dont want to be released..WILL be released...Then you will see Egypt's true colors and the Saudis true colors and Pakistan's true colors.

Deep down they all hate the jews... and would love to take a poke at them.. publicly or not.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think some people are missing the point.
Just sending more ships to the gulf doesn't indicate any imminent attack on Iran.
If you think how much these ships and staff on them cost, what else are they gonna do with them?
They have to send them somewhere.
They cant just have them sitting in port clocking up millions a day.
They have to go on patrols and exercises.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join