It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'2 US aircraft carriers headed for Gulf'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Attack missiles and JDAM's are being manufactured around the clock regarddless of what is going on in the world. You wont see or "hear" of a ramp up in production.

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by Harlequin

If one really wanted to know if such a war was really being planned, instead of reading the Jerusalem Post, I might try to find people in the defense industries to see if production on attack missiles and JDAM's was being ramped up and factories were working overtime. Because if there is an attack on iran, it will be with "20,000" attack missiles and JDAM's raining down on iran, and not the other way around. Those kinds of weapons stocks can't built overnight, so that's where I'd look.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I think that if israel decides to assist iran in getting rid of the nuke reactors, then Russia should abide by irans decision. Let us not forget that israel may very well have the where with all to nuke russia and russia would have a hard time explaining to there citizens why they now have a nuclear winter instead of global warming. Then there is that small country called China that may not be able to aqquire nuclear free oil from the mideast once the radioactive cloud leaves Israel and settles in the mideast.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I personally dont care about Israel why does everyone else?
Because of a sociological disease?

Im just not getting it, why do we get in their petty fighting?

If Israel gets wiped out, so be it.
If Iran gets wiped out, so be it.

Let the children fight it out if theyre so big and bad.
After one of them gets half its population wiped out
we wont need peace talks anymore because they wont
act so big and bad.

End of story plz drive thru your burger is ready.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

well, the whole point would be to create a reason for the west to annihilate iran, so they would certainly make sure to drop a few sitting ducks in the gulf.....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

The reason we defend Israel is the same reason we have Saturday and Sunday off on the weekend. It is all about religion. One needs to study and know the history of religion to understand.

The Bible says whoever supports Israel will be blessed

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
reply to post by Memysabu

The Bible says whoever supports Israel will be blessed

I thought it was Hal Lindsay who said that.

What is Israel? Really? Is it the land or the people? Curious, because our relationship with them is disgusting. I'd like to pass on that blessing if I may.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Olympics----- distraction------- war = republicans

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Nukes----- Radical Islam------- war = Iran's radical islamic theocracy

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
As I've said in previous threads-- All the capabilities you think the US has you can multiply by 100. Everything we've seen in Iraq has been nothing more than a G rated version of the R rated devastation we can unleash(not talking about our nuclear arsenal). When you have a loud liberal movement and a loud liberal media crying about every little thing that happens militarily in a war it makes it hard to fight the war. However, if Iran is stupid enough to start a war against the United States we would see what we're really capable of. The capabilities of the United States Military are so vast it would be like an infant trying to take on Chuck Liddel or any other UFC fighter.. and Iran knows this.. so does China and Russia.

I don't buy this. It reminds me of college football fans after the first game of the year playing a creampuff team and barely getting out with a win.

"Well, the reason we only won 21-14 was b/c this was our 'vanilla' offense. We didn't wanna show to much of our main stuff to (insert team)."

Or in this case, "Well, so what if we lose 2000 more soldiers. We can't show Iran and the rest of the world what we can really do."

You do what it takes to win a war. You don't go in half-stepping.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

After reading all that there is just one thing to do,
Let us pray>>

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRQuick

Originally posted by Ketzer22
As I've said in previous threads-- All the capabilities you think the US has you can multiply by 100. Everything we've seen in Iraq has been nothing more than a G rated version of the R rated devastation we can unleash(not talking about our nuclear arsenal). When you have a loud liberal movement and a loud liberal media crying about every little thing that happens militarily in a war it makes it hard to fight the war. However, if Iran is stupid enough to start a war against the United States we would see what we're really capable of. The capabilities of the United States Military are so vast it would be like an infant trying to take on Chuck Liddel or any other UFC fighter.. and Iran knows this.. so does China and Russia.

I don't buy this. It reminds me of college football fans after the first game of the year playing a creampuff team and barely getting out with a win.

"Well, the reason we only won 21-14 was b/c this was our 'vanilla' offense. We didn't wanna show to much of our main stuff to (insert team)."

Or in this case, "Well, so what if we lose 2000 more soldiers. We can't show Iran and the rest of the world what we can really do."

You do what it takes to win a war. You don't go in half-stepping.

Oh - that was great - you believe this too dont you.

I bet you have invisibility cloaks, secret airplanes that go at light speed, lasers that can shoot bullets down from the other side of the moon -

wow - delusion gets grander every day around here.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The aircraft carriers may be for show. US financial markets, oil prices relatively stable. Russian workers, engineers (1600+) remain at Bushehr. No "dollar dumping".
Survey says -----------------All Clear----------------

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The only way to change the world around you is to emitt a peaceful frequency. think happy thoughts plz

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The USA usually has a good showing of their navy within the gulf. Actually for the past few months they have not had a ship there.. and that was pretty much the first time since the first gulf war ended. This is nothing new to write home about.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by ThirtySecond]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The US Naval forces being assembled include the following:

Carrier Strike Group Nine
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN72) nuclear powered supercarrier
with its Carrier Air Wing Two
Destroyer Squadron Nine:
USS Mobile Bay (CG53) guided missile cruiser
USS Russell (DDG59) guided missile destroyer
USS Momsen (DDG92) guided missile destroyer
USS Shoup (DDG86) guided missile destroyer
USS Ford (FFG54) guided missile frigate
USS Ingraham (FFG61) guided missile frigate
USS Rodney M. Davis (FFG60) guided missile frigate
USS Curts (FFG38) guided missile frigate
Plus one or more nuclear hunter-killer submarines

Peleliu Expeditionary Strike Group
USS Peleliu (LHA-5) a Tarawa-class amphibious assault carrier
USS Pearl Harbor ('___'52) assult ship
USS Dubuque (LPD8) assult ship/landing dock
USS Cape St. George (CG71) guided missile cruiser
USS Halsey (DDG97) guided missile destroyer
USS Benfold (DDG65) guided missile destroyer

Carrier Strike Group Two
USS Theodore Roosevelt (DVN71) nuclear powered supercarrier
with its Carrier Air Wing Eight
Destroyer Squadron 22
USS Monterey (CG61) guided missile cruiser
USS Mason (DDG87) guided missile destroyer
USS Nitze (DDG94) guided missile destroyer
USS Sullivans (DDG68) guided missile destroyer

USS Springfield (SSN761) nuclear powered hunter-killer submarine

IWO ESG ~ Iwo Jima Expeditionary Strike Group
USS Iwo Jima (LHD7) amphibious assault carrier
with its Amphibious Squadron Four
and with its 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit
USS San Antonio (LPD17) assault ship
USS Velia Gulf (CG72) guided missile cruiser
USS Ramage (DDG61) guided missile destroyer
USS Carter Hall ('___'50) assault ship
USS Roosevelt (DDG80) guided missile destroyer

USS Hartfore (SSN768) nuclear powered hunter-killer submarine

Carrier Strike Group Seven
USS Ronald Reagan (CVN76) nuclear powered supercarrier
with its Carrier Air Wing 14
Destroyer Squadron 7
USS Chancellorsville (CG62) guided missile cruiser
USS Howard (DDG83) guided missile destroyer
USS Gridley (DDG101) guided missile destroyer
USS Decatur (DDG73) guided missile destroyer
USS Thach (FFG43) guided missile frigate
USNS Rainier (T-AOE-7) fast combat support ship

Also likely to join the battle armada:

UK Royal Navy HMS Ark Royal Carrier Strike Group with assorted guided missile destroyers and frigates, nuclear hunter-killer submarines and support ships

French Navy nuclear powered hunter-killer submarines (likely the Amethyste and perhaps others), plus French Naval Rafale fighter jets operating off of the USS Theodore Roosevelt as the French Carrier Charles de Gaulle is in dry dock, and assorted surface warships

Various other US Navy warships and submarines and support ships. The following USN ships took part (as the "enemy" forces) in Operation Brimstone and several may join in:

USS San Jacinto (CG56) guided missile cruiser
USS Anzio (CG68) guided missile cruiser
USS Normandy (CG60) guided missile cruiser
USS Carney (DDG64) guided missile destroyer
USS Oscar Austin (DDG79) guided missile destroyer
USS Winston S. Churchill (DDG81) guided missile destroyer
USS Carr (FFG52) guided missile frigate

The USS Iwo Jima and USS Peleliu Expeditionary Strike Groups have USMC Harrier jump jets and an assortment of assault and attack helicopters. The Expeditionary Strike Groups have powerful USMC Expeditionary Units with amphibious armor and ground forces trained for operating in shallow waters and in seizures of land assets, such as Qeshm Island (a 50 mile long island off of Bandar Abbas in the Gulf of Hormuz and headquarters of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps).

[edit on 8-8-2008 by agent_01]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The ship movements coincide with the latest downturn in relations between Washington and Teheran. The US and Iran are at odds over Iran's nuclear program, which the Bush administration claims is aimed at producing material for nuclear weapons; however, Teheran argues it is only for power generation.

NO... they don't.
They coincide with the fact that Israel is just foaming at the mouth for military action and waiting for a little tap on their shoulder from Washington to give them the go ahead.

Bush is taking his sweet time deciding whether Iran will be worth the trouble 3 months away from the end of his term, and whether US Forces can afford getting dragged down into another quagmire here, or more importantly the economy.

This is too much goddamn speculation.
Worst of all it's coming from the Jerusalem Post, oh wow a Hawkish attitude from JP... I would have never expected that!

Aircraft carriers are like Chess pieces. Knights to be precise.
A good deterrent but alone, not enough to check the King.

2 Carrier groups is a seriously measly effort if Washington are actually planning to authorise some air strikes on Iran in support of Israel.
That would compromise at the most, around 150 fighters.

With 150 planes it would take a ridiculous amount of sorties to even make a dent on Iran's hardened underground facilities and expose them to a wide range of S-2-A threats from Iran's advanced Russian SAM's.

It would be a very dumb move militarily to say the least.

Plus Qatar, the UAE and Saudi Arabia are right NEXT DOOR.

America doesn't need their aircraft carriers to launch an aerial campaign here, they could fly more than enough planes over the Persian Gulf from the Arab states without risking their precious carriers.

Bottom line: It doesn't add up. That's why I'm not buying into this mass, WW3 hysteria here.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BRQuick

what he is saying, is that we have spent the majority of this "war" in Iraq with the gloves on... so to speak.

with the media and the entire country screaming foul anytime something slightly brutal happens, you can't exactly go "balls out" on them now can you?

if you don't understand that, then i hope to god that you never end up in control of anything.... ever

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by agent_01

Are these your words? Did you cite your source? Credit given to the author? Your credibility depends on it. I'd go back and put some quotes on that if I were you, unless you are the author.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

When you have a loud liberal movement and a loud liberal media crying about every little thing that happens militarily in a war it makes it hard to fight the war.

While I agree the Iranians would get stomped out......

The point of the "liberal" outcry is that we DON"T NEED ANOTHER WAR!!!
I don't know why people in Podunk, USA feel the need to declare unprovoked, unilateral, uber-ass-kick war on everyone that looks at us funny....but I don't intend on joining any flag-waving circle jerk.

I believe that if you would like war so much, you should all be over there fighting the current one. I have a lot of buddies in the Army that are serving....and maintain "liberal" views....yet all the people over here that are sooooooooo friggin patriotic, aren't in Baghdad. Why is that???

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by endless_observer
Well, everyone should prepare themselves mentally and character-wise for death. If memory serves me, these are the circumstances under which the Islamic Mahdi is supposed to reappear, and if you cross reference the Mahdi prophecies with Revelation, we see that this Mahdi is the anti-christ (more accurately, he's the "First Beast", followed by Issa, the "Second Beast" or False Prophet, and they will persecute the world (or rather, they'll persecute us Christians and Jews and anyone else who refuses to become a muslim).

Good luck and God bless everyone. Don't give in and don't deny the TRUE Christ (I'm not speaking of the false prophet Issa which they will insist is christ).

smoke some weed and get stoned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join