It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandma`s charge Area 51 clip!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by evoeight04

Hey evoeight04 welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your time on here.
Very interesting video, those ladies must, as you say, have known what they were doing, but why? what were they hoping to achieve?
Did they think they could just drive on up to hangar and take a peek?

It boggles the mind! but hey, I hope they made it through and publish their story of 'what happened next!' (Though I doubt it!)

Anyhow, thanks again for posting the vid and joining the 'happy band'

H

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by evoeight04
I made an account so I could successfully reply. This is the filmer and editor of the video. I had typed up 2 very long responses answering alot of questions as ananomys but for some reason they werent approved. I love the picture showing the arrows pointing at the signs.
And yes, as you could see when the camera was back on our car as we were leaving, our gunmetal ford edge was covered with white powder from the road. The grannys car is no exception.

It's too bad you guys didn't hang around at the signs, to document the sheriff going in, then coming back out perhaps with grannies in custody and their car seized. It is seldom anyone has caught this on tape. Only other situation I have seen is the incident with the white Dodge Magnum, which I have only seen pictures. Supposedly there was video but I don't think it ever surfaced.

However, I am sure you guys were freaked out and just wanted to get out of there. The BS info you got at the AleInn probably didn't help.

BTW - if you haven't seen this video, it is a MUST SEE. These guys have huge cajones, perhaps not as big as the grannies however (yeah I know, but that big one looks like she might be growing some...)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Doh! Good point about the dust! I hadnt taken the road into consideration.
Aside from that, it does have "Staged" feel, but that might be because, well, this is ATS. Hell, sometimes I feel like this Forum is staged...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

I would have snipered them.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

I would have snipered them.

Snipered the grannies? Thanks Uforeality. We can always count on you.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Very cool video. However, like someone else stated here: it doesn't seem right.

Clever Editing. Setting the tone by claiming the following footage is oh so disturbing. I don't know, just seems like another youtube video trying to get hits.

But who knows.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

you should watch the clip foster posted.
thats the one ufo reality is commenting on, not the grannies one

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

you should watch the clip foster posted.
thats the one ufo reality is commenting on, not the grannies one

Oh yeah I saw that one. Pretty funny. I'd love to throw a keg party at the entrance.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

No the video of the two goof balls dancing in front of the signs. Not the old ladies. Plus it was a joke...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

They might have done the 'dance world' a favour had they 'snipered them! Some pretty wicked moved there!
Plus, That wasn't a patented 'J Lear - tin foil hat' he was wearing was it?

Incidentely, and back on topic, I have been scouting the local papers to see if anything showed up regarding the two wayward Grannies:

www.roswell-record.com...

But nothing yet, maybe they just got a slapped wrist and shown the gate!
(I kinda hope so!)

(Interesting article on the 'sink hole' in Artesia though!)

H

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The Grannies had a Thelma and Louise moment
I can just picture the granny in the passenger seat scream "What the hell...PUNCH IT Margaret !"

In all seriousness though; has anyone ever wondered if the Little Alien Inn is really just a dinner run by the government to give heads up to the Base as to who might be coming out to check things out?

[edit on 8/12/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Check out all the video cameras in the Inn and around it. Now they claim the government has nothing to do with those cameras but.........

The story behind the camera at the Little Aleinn is supposedly related to problems with employees. The cameras were installed by one of the range contractors. Again, suspicious in my opinion. Of course, you can't believe what they tell you at the Inn.

As most people know, Bald Mountain is where Groom Lake snoops on visitors.
Bald Mountain
It took a while to get those shots with the Bald Mountain "telescope" pointing in different directions. Now the rumor, or in my opinion a good educated guess, is that there are fixed (stationary) cameras on Bald Mountain as well. A fixed camera doesn't have to be as massive as the telescope, so they are harder to spot (assuming they exist). Likely targets of these fixed cameras would be the parking lot of the Little Aleinn, the mailbox, and intersection of Groom Lake Road and the ET Highway.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
this vid is def legit. the car is def the grannies. pretty ignorant of them. but i bet it was fun to watch as a law abiding citizen.

what happens to them is pretty standard. they will each get roughly a 1000 dollar ticket. a letter from the installation commander telling them they are never to come back or face worse consequences. their car got impounded. and they probably were held at gunpoint for about 2 hours till Lincoln county sheriff got there.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Where the "dude"s in the car smoking reefer?
The grannies were in the dessert lost and looking confused wanting to find a base.
Right there one of the fellas should have said
follow us but you have to be aware of what you CANNOT DO
instead they just said hang back and watchout for the dust!!

Was the "Dude" driver hard of hearing?
how many times does he have to be told to slow down or stop before he responds??

interesting video tho
could be a fine example of sun-stroke i guess

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
their car got impounded.

what happens if its a rental?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Awesome!!!!

Go grannies go!!!!!!!

Just shows the determination/kahunas of the older generation.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
I have been scouting the local papers to see if anything showed up regarding the two wayward Grannies:
www.roswell-record.com...

Local? Roswell is in New Mexico, about 900 miles away from Rachel and Area 51.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
For anyone out there thinking of sneaking onto a military installation.

My mother in law had a friend, a little tiny (102 pound) old lady of 72 that went to a protest against a nuclear installation. Because she stepped onto this governement installation she was sentened to 10 years in a federal prison, no chance of probation, no parole.

That was eight years ago.

She died in that federal prison last year. This lady was from the western suburbs of Chicago, widowed and not a "real threat" by any shot of the imagination.

Think long and hard before you go walking onto any government installation, the US Government does not fool around with you even if you don't appear to pose a threat they will if given half a chance throw you into prison and there you will sit.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalek

Originally posted by bknapple32
their car got impounded.

what happens if its a rental?

I could think of a term, but I'll use abbreviations.. S.O.L

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Very interesting that a video of this incident surfaced. Well, I cannot reveal details of the incidence but can relay general info as to what happened.

The two vehicles (Camera operator's and the infamous old ladies) were being monitored long before they approached the perimeter. Protocol requires us to do this. Shortly after they breached, the lead unit was in disbelief that a vehicle blatantly entered the base. Unfortunately, protocol does not allow us to approach the public until a breach has occurred. However at the same time, protocol requires that we remain steadfast and ready to move if a breach is anticipated. Judging from the footage, our truck responded too slowly. The old ladies managed to breach nearly two miles before being stopped.

I cannot reveal who they were. But I can say that they were detained and temporarily arrested. They were eventually released with a very stern advisory and warning. Investigations later revealed that one of the passengers is related to a current contract employee who held a S clearance. This contractor told them fables/stories about the area and they grew curious. Of course, they took it upon themselves to make a roadtrip and see for themselves. Upon detention, they relayed to us that a relative works at the NTS and thats how they got information (ie directions, the history, layout, conspiracies, etc). But sadly that relative now faces serious charges and will lose his job. Their backgrounds were clear and their information was taken. Needless to say, these ladies now have a record at the NTS--but not one they should be proud of. FYI- most of the areas at the NTS can be accessed by people holding S clearances. There are very few places that require TS, TS/SCI, or above to enter. The area that these ladies breached, of course, requires higher than S clearance. But don't even try to approach the area unless you have the authority to do so.

Well thats all the info I can give you all. I was not on post during the incident. I was on detail at our Losee road facility. The next day I worked my regular 4-10s shift at the site and heard this story from a coworker. Yes we do get a kick out of what people will do and what great lengths they will go to satisfy their curiousity. And another thing FYI, we used to hate being called Cammo Dudes... but the term sorta grew on us.

Catch ya later!

-DM-

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join