It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whenever I look at people they turn around and look right at me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Can I cultivate this for good?

I don't know about reading other peoples thoughts but I swear, whenever I am out in public and looking intently at another person they pretty much always turn around and look right at me. I can be sitting on a park bench, working outside in public areas, driving my car along a street. Same goes for in a shopping mall, movie theater, etc.

There you go. Thoughts, ideas or something else?

I don't know how to search if there is a thread about this exact question.

[edit on 8/2/08 by stikkinikki]

[edit on 8/2/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Happens to me all the time. Do you ever get the feeling of being watched?

Human Beings are very sensitive creatures, we're just blind to our most subconscious senses. Your eyes give off very minute amounts of light, perhaps it is a natural response to pick up on that.

Or, perhaps we are all just very much more "in tune" with each other than conventional science can explain.

My vote would probably go to the latter.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thank you for your reasoned response. I guess I forgot to pick a forum to post this under so it went to Skunk works right away. This connection has always intrigued me. I wonder what the mechanism is?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
1)
I know that human males have a much better sight in the corner of the eye than females. This i think is something we inherited from when males were hunters in the ancient times.

I was sitting here on the computer watching at the screen when all of a sudden i got the feeling that someone was at the door, which is to my far right out in the hall. but then when i looked at the door i didnt see anyone. but then i noticed that a plant was dingling in the wind outside the door windows, even though i only saw its shadow. Noone sees clearly "in the corner of the eye", but if something suddenly moves, I notice it, even though its in the corner of my eye.

Its like spider mans' danger sence.

2)
Stars dissapear if you stare at them, (at least weak ones) But if you look beside them, they become clear.

So my point is:
The people who turn towards you when you stare at them, probably sees you in the corner of their eye, subconciesly knows that another is watching, and turn their heads before they themself realize that they wanted to look at you.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
That's kind of trippy to think about other people being "paranoid"-ish that someone is watching them.

I guess the difficult part is sometimes I am lost in thought and not even paying attention to what I am looking at and I will discover someone looking at me looking at them only i have just become aware of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well I find that for some reason people are always looking at me. Not that I'm looking at them first and THEN they turn but rather they always seem to look at me first and avert their gaze whenever I turn to look at them. This happens most often when I'm walking down the street or if I'm on the subway. But I don't give it too much credence I think people like us are just more sensitive to NOTICING this sort of thing whereas others just wouldn't care or let it fly over them etc, but I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
reply to post by stikkinikki

Happens to me all the time. Do you ever get the feeling of being watched?

Yes but I have learned to ignore it or write it off to a healty imagination. I can especially feel when people dont like me or know me yet for some reason. I am 40 now but have felt similar since the late 80's at least.

maybe we are a little too used to loosing ourselves in

new topics

top topics

join