It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help identify this base, please!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The facility is a communications facility for the local phone company. After 9/11 on recomondation from the DHS the phone companies took off all of the signs from the building and beefed up security all over the country as part of critical infrastucture security. You will see buildings such as this all over the country.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The green fence right outside the larger metal fence, it's barbed also. If it were just a simple communication outpost, that green fence should suffice. I've tried climbing one of those fences into my friend's ranch to open up his main gate and i ended up getting some nasty cuts that required a couple of stitches. A fence about 10 feet high should keep any trespassers out.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike
The barbed wire is facing the wrong way to keep people out. I used to work at a cotton mill that had the barbed wire like that. We were under the impression it was there to make sure we didn't leave.
[edit on 31-7-2008 by Mason mike]

I don't buy that one bit! The fence is set up to keep people in. Show me a legit building that has there barb wire fence set up that way. I want to see a picture of it. Show me that and ill be satisfied with your statement.

I also wonder if they get mail there. If i lived near it I would scope it out for a few days. See what type of people come and go from there. The public needs to be aware of there surroundings.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by depetydog

Looks like a data center or phone company central office type of site.

FEMA hides their covert sites much better than this.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
According to the Scott County tax rolls there is a McLeod Network Services at 5617 W. Locust Street.
parcel in Scott Co

If the area that kmerian found on Live Maps is right, that looks fairly close. I guess they are some kind of internet provider? Not sure.. here's a website with a similar name: McLeodUSA

Hm, they don't pay much taxes do they?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
yikes, i double posted. So sorry!

[edit on 31-7-2008 by TenEighty]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If nothing else, they have a great lawn.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TenEighty

McCleod is a phone/data company that operates here in Illinois. They provide DS3 and backbone service to my company.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by depetydog

www.youtube.com...

Video has been removed by the author.

Hmmmm. Any reason why?

Cuhail

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
BUSTED LINK!!

I am very interested in seeing this compound though! Please U2U me when you fix the link.

THX,
Grafilthy

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

It was just four or five still images of the building that I posted earlier.

It has successfully been debunked as a data/network center for McLeod USA.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

McCleod is the owner of the building but if you do some research you can find out that AT&T use the buidling to route calls thru there, I think its owned by AT&T and leased to McCleod. You guys had this out to be a freaking Underground base and it turns out to be a communications center. You know what if I owned a building with millions of dollars of equipment in it, id run you off too for taking pictures.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by depetydog

Barbed wire facing out is meant to keep you out, pointing in keep you in, but with most prison/detention centers they have it going both ways.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Cool to hear someone talking about Davenport, IA. I live like 25 minutes away in Muscatine. I can't see the pics of the place you took, cuz apparently the link leads to a video that was removed by the user (I'm assuming you). But from my knowledge, I know there is an armory there in Davenport. Could that be what you're looking at?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You have GOT to be kidding me. Not only are your conjectures completely stupid and ridiculous, but if it is a "secret military installation," LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE! The military protects your pathetic asses. At least give them the courtesy of being able to keep things secret from distribution-happy morons like yourselves so that they can do a better job of it. Why don't you just ask them to give China all our secrets while you're at it! That makes about as much sense. #ing ignorant idiots. NWO? LOL! Get a clue.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
your photos has been killed off by the paid CIA trolls on youtube. This communications bunker must be designed to last anything, from nuclear blasts to hundreds of 2 legged attackers.

Say the government turns on you.
In desperation, you try to knock out their communications to blind them.
Guess what? You're going to have a tough go.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have lived in Davenport for 50 years, and I suspect the building you're talking about, judging from the location (video removed on youtube is the communications/command center of MidAmerican Energy Company. Its been there for around 30 years. Very unmarked, very intimidating, high security, as you might suspect. They monitor outages, etc. in power for a wide area. Of course, after 9/11 everybody got WAY more paranoid.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Your right, the landscaping is beautiful.

Perfect lawn. Some nice shrubs and trees, these were planted to make the place look good to the public. Probably an irrigation system, and landscape contractors taking care of the place. Not that secure...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I used to work there in the early 1980s. At that time it belonged to Iowa Illinois Gas & Electric Company and was their "Operations Control Center" or OCC as we called it. It didn't used to be gated in like that but it was still always limited access because it controls our local power grid & power stations. Controls are by radio - thus your communication equipment noted. Likely the increased control was added as a result of homeland security terrorist protection recommendations after 9/11.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join