It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien' creature creates monster stir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sorry guy's this topic has been posted under another name
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My search did not bring up the above page

THE photograhed remains of a mysterious "creature" washed up on a Long Island beach near New York has led to a frenzy of online speculation.

Hot on the heels of claims from an ex-NASA astronaut about aliens visiting Earth, news of the find has excited conspiracy theorists around the world.

Dubbed the Montauk Monster after the Long Island town where it was found, the creature has prompted speculation it was part of a secret mutant breeding program undertaken by the US Government.

The Huffington Post has even given the creature its own blog.

Meanwhile, gawker.com, which helped break the story, has sought to explain the phenomenon as a viral marketing stunt for a new US TV cartoon series.

gawker.com...

I really dont know what to think about this What do you guy's think

[edit on 30-7-2008 by duffster]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
either gene manipulation experiment or a clever photoshop
I lean on photo crop

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It looks like a dogs body crossed with a koala face but some very nasty fangs I would not like to meet it on a dark night

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Has anyone actually SEEN the monster and verified its real?
Or is it just another photo?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ok I zoomed in alot on a big screen.Its definitely been altered there is pixel irregularity's where the head joins the body that aren't on any of the rest of the picture.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is like the 4th post about this same creature. The first one is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It's a turtle without his shell. you can even see an imprint of the old shell on his rear end.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Ok I zoomed in alot on a big screen.Its definitely been altered there is pixel irregularity's where the head joins the body that aren't on any of the rest of the picture.

Are you shure? Tried looking for the same but coudln't find anything.

And to suggest something else, doesn't this look similar to a trutle without it's shell? Or is it just me who draws such a connection.

Originally posted by careface
It's a turtle without his shell. you can even see an imprint of the old shell on his rear end.

Okey it's just not me, guess I was a bit late with my post

[edit on 30-7-2008 by TopSecretArea]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well turtles don't have tales that long.
If you zoom in and out, and change some brightness contrast etc.
You can see around the head/neck area there is different pixelation than the rest of the picture.
They have tried to put some of that pixelation on the rest of the pic but not in a uniform manner.
The teeth in the beak thing, they stand out as added in.
Also where it looks like something is tied around the hand.
I think this looks a bit fake.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Somehow, this beast just looks like a drowned dog that has had its face (nose and lips) missing for some reason. Probably those parts were eaten away by some fish or other small sea animals. The "beak" is more like the upper jaw without any flesh in it. Or am I the only one who can see the typical shape of a dog's skull here?

Of course there are no better photos available of the "creature", right?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Well turtles don't have tales that long.
If you zoom in and out, and change some brightness contrast etc.
You can see around the head/neck area there is different pixelation than the rest of the picture.
They have tried to put some of that pixelation on the rest of the pic but not in a uniform manner.
The teeth in the beak thing, they stand out as added in.
Also where it looks like something is tied around the hand.
I think this looks a bit fake.

And i don't think if it was real (They) would just let it wash up on some beach to let some one find it

To the pesron who took the pic good try

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Lithium

Don't think there is any better picture of it, at least not that I've been ble to find.

But got to say I'm holding a fingre on the turtle thou.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There is a very simple explanation for this misunderstanding. This is a New York resident washed up on shore after a weekend in the Hamptons. The tide in Southampton drags them out to sea on sunday mornings. There is a well known current that takes them north north east and they often wash up in Montauk. Sometimes they make it all the way to Nantucket but you don't wanna see those pictures.
It's an easy mistake to make when you're not familiar with the area.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

So thats where they end up!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This made the NY News at 5pm today. They said it was a bloated racoon carcass. Decomposition caused all the hair to fall out.

Source: abclocal.go.com...

MONTAUK (WABC) -- A mystery is brewing on Long Island.
Debate is raging over what kind of animal washed ashore at the beach, an animal some are now calling the Montauk Monster.
East Hampton officials say the carcass was found on the sand by some beachgoers in Montauk last week.
The town's natural resources director says it appears to be a raccoon with its lower jaw missing. He says it may have been in the water for up to six days.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Erasurehead]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i read an article about this on another site, and it says that there is a goverment animal testing site on a near-by island called "plum island". they say that the woman who took the picture, and 2 other eye-witnesses are goign to be on a web show called "juiced".

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
my girlfriend use to live on Long Island and there is an animal researching plant off of Long Island called Plum Island. they do animal experiments there.so that might be a reason or procuring cause to this animal floating onto Montauk.

more info here

External Link

might be a possibility? you never know?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Everyone who keeps saying it's "a turtle without its shell" needs to take a damn anatomy lesson. A TURTLE'S SHELL IS NOT DETACHABLE FROM THE REST OF ITS BODY. A turtle's ribs and spine are attached directly to the underside of the carapace. The shell is an outgrowth of the skeleton. Also, turtles are scaly, have no teeth, a completely different limb structure (the creature's limbs are very obviously mammalian) and to my knowledge are not pink. Turtles can only crawl out of their shells in the cartoons. Not a turtle by any stretch of the imagination. I dare anyone who insists it is to find a picture of a species of turtle this thing could possibly be.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by duffster

uhmm... It seems to me that this thing has a beak.. And claws and fur.. I dont think its a turtle. Turtles shells are attached to them.. Meaning their ribs and spine are attached to the shell.. soo... Yeahh i dont kno what the hell this thing is... its pretty creepy looking tho...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Koala face + Koala claws + Koala body - Koala fur = ????

new topics

top topics

join