It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone consider buying gasmasks?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Considering the potential threat behind the continuing phenomena behind chemtrails, it has made me seriously consider buying several NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical filtration) gas masks. how silly would I look being the only guy walking around with a gas mask and what impact could it have on the general population?

i would appreciate your take on that matter.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Im considering buying extra gasoline and other items before I buy a gas mask seeing as I live 50 miles outside of Chicago and even with the strong winds weve expereinced lately I would still have enough time to find a safe spot to wait out the attack. This doesnt mean Im duct taping my house shut, Im just preparing for soomething that may or may not happen. Plus I own a nice little truck to gun the interstate with in case I have to flee south.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have heard that some gas masks would not prevent some gas's

and also that it can do more harm and possible kill you
If you do not know how to use them..

I remember a report on the news about this a year ago.

ill see if i can find a link anywhere about it..

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think if you walked around wearing a gas mask on a general basis, you'd quickly become known as That Weird Guy and be pretty much avoided.

personally, I've no intentions on buying gas masks, duct taping anything, or anything else. if I'm going to die, I'm going to die. why delay the inevitable?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I have heard that some gas masks would not prevent some gas's

and also that it can do more harm and possible kill you
If you do not know how to use them..

I remember a report on the news about this a year ago.

ill see if i can find a link anywhere about it..

Yes I do believe I heard the same shortly after the Duct Tape Debacle, but Im not doing this without some official training. My father is a retired Army pilot and he lectured me long and hard about the pros and cons but then showed me how I should use it if I have to.

Thanks Dad.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
No I would not buy a gas mask. The chances of me getting gassed are slim to none. If I start with gas mask what next? Digging a reinforced bunker in my yard?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
I think if you walked around wearing a gas mask on a general basis, you'd quickly become known as That Weird Guy and be pretty much avoided.

That reminds me of a guy I use to see at the Burger King on Post, he wore full combat dress and ate lunch and I use to think he was some CO for a unit and then my friend told me hes just some retired nut. Poor guy.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
why bother, I d rather die from vapors than the slow growing tumors and weeping sores from radiation poisoning....I live by NYC and right near a powerplant. The odds of me surviving an attack with just a gas mask are about as good as a bulimic keepin down a hot fudge sunday and a bag of Doritos, know what I mean?

But I did purchase stock in a comp whuch made them and did mighty well

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
No gas masks in my home, either. No plastic and dcut tape cublicle in my basement.
I do have some batteries, some water, some canned tuna. That stuff came in real handy last August during the Power Meltdown.
I agree with posters who say it would prlong the inevitalbe, if it even helped. Not much you can do when it is your time, I guess

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Not much you can do when it is your time, I guess

Well you could rage into the cold night, thats what I plan to do if gunning my All Wheel drive to safety doesnt work, then I will just rage into that cold night.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
ive got one and everyone cocks an eyebrow but i know theyll be coughin the lungs up all over the pavement....
ill come round here they say? well ive only got one so # off....

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
meh this thread was a successful experiment. I mention "chemtrail" and get the lowest possible vote thus confirming the notion I had that certain topics that are meant to have a lid kept upon them are voted on a low-priority basis.

thank you for validating my idea in the fact chemtrails are a threat to society. your censorship is selfdefeating, as are all your tactics, mr and ms espionage.

yeah no crap I'd be known was that weird guy with a mask. not to mention I'd probably be trolled on 1800ratsTIPS a thousand times as ppl would probably suspect that I had advanced knowledge of an imminent gas attack... but... when you all are coughing like crazy after getting bronchitis from just being outside all of the time... AAAA hahahahahahahhahaha. that will be the day. lets hope it never comes.

ok admittedly, that wasn't the purpose behind this thread. this result, however, is promising evidence towards my notion about "sshhhh" topics.

not once did I mention gas attacks, but the media's conditioning appears to have impressed some people to this point, it seems. ok /judgmental tendencies off

[Edited on 3/12/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If it makes you feel more secure you should buy a mask. Im not really worried about getting gassed.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
How much radiation can standard issue Army NBC suits protect you from, and can they be purchased from surplus stores?

Also, what do they do to the suits to make them resist radiation?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
hurricane supplies yes, gas masks NO, if it ever comes down to that or there is an incident that makes it necessary to own one, then I would expect my govt to provide them, like Israel does (but I don't think that will ever happen in this society)

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A gas mask that will actually work is quite an expensive item. Several hundred last time I looked. Most of them are just cheap rip offs to give you the illusion that you are safe...undil you actually need to use it. Go more realistic and get some potasium iodine tablets for radiation exposure.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
With pollution at the levels that they are, I wouldn't worry too much about chemtrails.

Spend your money on a rifle, a shotgun, a .45, and plenty of ammo!

DC

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sometime back, an ATS member posted a fact about
the Intelligence or CIA or whatever; understood
that certain codewords almost without fail caused
most peoples minds to censor the message, or gloss
over it, or pay-it-no-mind.

maybe chemtrails is one of them
BUT when you link Gas-Masks & consider the recent
AQ threat (ala Black Death)
I believe your experiment has too many *aspects?*
_____________________+

Here's a quintessential notion ~'gas masks'

for 8 months, engaging the homeopathic art
of administering very minute doses of normally
lethal stuff...in this case homegrown Anthrax...

the volunteer patient is building up a resistance
to the substance?? hopefully...
in the future, airborne anthrax spores won't
do worse than make him ill for awhile->
instead of outright killing the person

This action was taken because any respirator or
gas mask or even surgical mask (like the Japanese)
would be clumbersome, not 100%, and any attacker
could strip a protective device from your face at any moment....leaving you a possible victim of infection

There are just too many agents out there
& a single type of gas mask won't work on them all!!
Then there's nerve gases
then there's chems that eat your skin away...
(so whats a good pair of lungs gonna do but let you scream Louder!!)

The build up/ resistance to Anthrax is both do-able->..
and the most likely agent to be used on a grand scale
by money & technology strapped terrorists.

I DO-NOT recommend that anyone try this,
because none of you have a private, secluded, secure
island...or your own dedicated staff, including Igor &
Viktor,->plus several other vital 'factors'...
just letting you know that there are Other Possibilities!

...don't disturb me now Igor, i'm ciphering

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
thank you for validating my idea in the fact chemtrails are a threat to society. your censorship is selfdefeating, as are all your tactics, mr and ms espionage.

[Edited on 3/12/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

maybe it's because "chem"trails are just an urban legend? did that ever cross your mind?

all CONtrails are are water vapor condensing in the atmosphere. whenever you burn anything organic, water is a result. this water is superheated vapor as it comes out of the exhaust, and when conditions are right it can condense and turn into cirrus clouds. also, just because they stay in one part, and don't in another, does not mean that anything is being sprayed. planes fly at differet altitudes when flying different directions. this is a saftey precaution. the atmosphere can be highly different in temperature, dew point, winds, density, etc... at different altitudes and parts in the sky.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Yes, I have and I might eventually, it's just not a top priority at this point. I'd have to research it first and I suspect there's more worthless junk masks out there than good ones. I don't have a clue, but I suspect a good mask would be several hundred bucks and then they probably have a expiration date, so you have to replace them every few years. Probably better off adding to your food supply & buying a gun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join