It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News! Disclosure! Edgar Mitchell! Yesterday!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well even Opie & Anthony on XM channel 202 discussed it.

They are usually pretty callous about every story in the news but wow they gave this story a good honest run. Jim Norton threw in a few good words for Mitchell too. That channel is dirty fun and I personally love it but you have to calibrate your filters to get a fix on what is truly callous and what is not. They bust everyone's ballz.

The way I see it is that once drudgereport dot com gets it every newsroom in the world gets it in 24 hours or less. They all watch the drudge site and I'll tell you that drudge is watching THIS site.

We need to raise the bar on what is an acceptable story here. Clear pics, no wait till tomorrow when I get to the office scanner to upload pics and a graduative posting regime. Like... 5 posts before you can start a topic or flagging / voting in a way that shows or hides the headline etc. Maybe then the things worth delving into for hours are the only things we delve into and that's all the drudges see, the good stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think everyone should abandon and boycott FOX... damn they suck big time and its really really really lame to make fun of a guy like edgar mitchell... im not gonna support fox in any ways ever again.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
if opie and anthony become the arbiters of things to come we are in far worse trouble than we ever imagined.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
When i read many of these posts, people are surprised that Mitchell is only coming out 'now'.

The 'Kerrang Show' is not the first time Mitchell has come out with this show.

www.wpbf.com...

If you will watch the above interview, Mitchell emphatically states that he is upset that he has been speaking about this for 10 years but it is just now being reported by the media.

In fact, Larry King came out with this on Larry King's July 4th show and it didn't cause the media response that the Kerrang show caused.

It had to happen in the European press before it could happen in the US. The European release put pressure on the US press to finally report on this, what after 2 days!

This is Bassett's truth embargo in action.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Who keeps setting up these interviews for Mitchell? must hold a fair amount of swing to get him on CNN and Fox. I find it hard to believe that the public relations dude, working for a former astronaut that nobody's ever heard of can do it.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by c3hamby

yeah he has been sellin this same story for over a decade. it is not new, not even to the US press. and still nothing has come of it. just like last decade and the one before and the one before. i have more newspaper articles about ufo's from the 50's-70's than i do in the last 30 years. how many newspaper articles do you have in the last year about ufo's? anyone. there are more decades back. it is not new, just returning to and old part of the same wheel.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by MsSmartypants

What a bunch of pencil-necked geeks. I think they are more interested in making him look dumb than actually hearing what he has to say.

I always tended to be a fan of Fox news, being of a conservative bent, but this is ridiculous and embarrassing.

I am not implying that the gov't is trying to get Fox to make him look dumb, but it's almost as if they have some sort of agenda.

Hopefully this story won't die. Hopefully Ed Mitchell won't be chalked up as the latest UFO joke.

I agree 100%, the British media are doing the same

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
how bout we look at it like this. if we had LOTS of friends of high rank in the U.S. military and most of them told us the gov't is trying to cover up aliens. Would we believe them? Of course. The fact that he has no first hand experience points to the idea that he is not doing this for fame. (He would get much more with a fabricated story). And secondly why is he doing it? He's in a unique position. As a former astronaut he knows people in the U.S. defence industry but is not tied to the military. (Nasa is not a military branch) Thus he has access to VERY privy information and unlike those in the pentagon, CAN talk about it. If you knew the gov't was covering up aliens, would you go on... shudders to think... Fox? I would... Also, c'mon astronauts have pretty good track records. And also Buzz aldrin has commented on his experiences with aliens on apollo 11. look for that interview on youtube.

-peace and love

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I feel like he is trying to sell something. I believe the gov has not a clue what the UFO activity is. Something is there, but there is no way we have any understanding of just what it is. IMHO thanks for the post

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Anybody can say anything, what we need is proof, not words.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

One thing I noticed with Fox, on the fox and friends morning show on Saturday morning, the female host said he was the only astronaut to come out with such claims. I immediately emailed them with a list of astronauts that have had encounters with UFOs and or have been told or has some type of personal interaction with UFOs or intelligence on UFOs. I knew it was more than one but after I did some research on it I was astounded how many reports from our astronauts there was. I sent them the report but they did little to correct it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I listened to the whole Kerrang interview and Mitchell was much more forthcoming on that show than on Fox - Kerrang also made a call to NASA before the interview was aired to get an official NASA response - when I saw the FOX interview it was very clear to me that Mitchell had been de-briefed so to speak because he was much more subdued and talked more about the Roswell locals this time - in the Kerrang interview he was more adamant about his intelligence contacts having played a large role in revealing the "alien" info....just my observation...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of "hearsay". Edgar's whole account is based on hearsay, not to say I don't believe him. But his credibility is spotted at best. As soon as I started to watch the video the first words out of his mouth were " I never saw anthing in my life but some guys I know.."
And Fox news...their credibility for produce decent news is pretty much in the toilet as well.

Please close this thread and put up something that may hold a little merit.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Damnit.
I posted as annon, but it's not here.

ANyway here is a quick synopsis of the interview.....hearsay!

Close thread.

End communication.

Fox News....god help us all. If that is a credible news source, then we really have some problems.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Whatever the intentions of these stories (whether to seriously discuss the matter, or make fun of those that believe), the cumulative effect is a serious gain in momentum, which can only be a positive thing. Perhaps people with real knowledge will begin to see things in a more positive light and gain the confidence and assurance they need to speak up and let the world learn of their stories, information and experiences.

If enough credible people step forward, I do believe one government somewhere will falter under the pressure and release some credible evidence. That is of course assuming there is any credible evidence in existence (which is a rather audacious assumption).

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmanuva

real evidence? How about Philip Corso's alien technology that he passed on to industry, fibre optics, night vision, laser technology, integrated circuits, etc.

Or is he lying too?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

yahoos let me guess you spend quiet some time watching cnn they are the true back stabing american yahoos. get your facts strait they are the worst offenders in biast reporting. they dont report the news. they just give there one sided views of the day total rubbish

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Although Dr. Mitchell is considered a very credible witness,once again I have to point out that there is no actual evidence here either. Nor will he reveal ANY of his sources, which I personally find a bit suspect. I see no reason for him to even consider any kind of disclosure if he will not validate any of his claims, thats not how scientists work. Also neither of my cats believe him, so there you go.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I find it very puzzling. FOX is a joke when it comes to meaningful news but the fact that they gave this the time of day means something.... Here is one of several astronauts that have come forward for the ET Cause but also one of the most unremarkable stories. His claims are not based in personal experience so why single him out above the others and make such a huge issue out of it? And why do it years after he first made the claim as if it is groundbreaking news. It makes me sit back and contemplate what is REALLY going on right now with the media, government and the ET/UFO issue. I'm just not getting it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

Yes..maybe a secret astronaut chat room where they meet and trade pics taken from their cell phones during their various moon and shuttle flights.
maybe we c an get a mole in there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join