It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...?!?! COSTCO selling long-term Emergency food?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't know if they do accept them, but if you are in Cali, I will use my membership to get you one, and then you can make payments to me. Not a joke, I really do believe that everyone should be prepared in some way. Anything helps...

Edit to note that it actually comes to .30 cents a serving, but still.... EVERY MEMBER of ATS should arrange to get one of these buckets for every member of their household.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil M.R.E.'s Are Pretty Tasty Depending On Which Ones You Get . Try The Chili Mac It's Pretty Good . The Thing Is You Can Eat Them Hot Or Cold And Try All Of Them If You Can That Way You'll Know Which Ones You Prefer . And Learn How To Use The M.R.E. Heater That Most If Not All Should Come With . I Keep Plenty Of These Meals On Hand At All Times Hunting, Camping, Etc. And At Home Just In Case !

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SHADOW WALKER

MRE's are great, (place against a rock or something) and I don't think you can compare them to what's in this box. I can say, however, that this will be great in a long nuclear winter or something.

It's more like Instant Oatmeal than anything else...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
reply to post by MurderCityDevil M.R.E.'s Are Pretty Tasty Depending On Which Ones You Get . Try The Chili Mac It's Pretty Good . The Thing Is You Can Eat Them Hot Or Cold And Try All Of Them If You Can That Way You'll Know Which Ones You Prefer . And Learn How To Use The M.R.E. Heater That Most If Not All Should Come With . I Keep Plenty Of These Meals On Hand At All Times Hunting, Camping, Etc. And At Home Just In Case !

you mean the canned heat thinger?

my friend is having us do this, i want to hike in eggs and other foods

she is always saying leave no trace, i agree but MRE?

ill try but itll be weird

we hike 5 miles in to camp and its in a no burn zone now, so thatll be fun

we are hiking in brew though

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

Look at that ingredients list.

That's not food, it's a chemistry set!

A cheap way of eating regularly? Only if you want to get cancer in a couple of years. I would only eat this in a real emergency when nothing else was available (i.e. stored rice and beans).

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

yeah and thats what i was so curious about and had mentioned the caloric intake like is it a longer lasting food or meant only for short term consumption

would be nice if it was a good dietary food cause then we could feed the hungry and cheaply

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
That's not food, it's a chemistry set!

Well I guess that's one way of looking at it.

That's why I think I'll prefer the MRE's
Atleast I've tried those and know which ones I like.

Also I store beans and grains etc just incase.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

what are you worried about ? you will probably end up with cancer anyway if you end up needing these for survival .

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

THat in itself might be a conspiracy....

"hey Mr. NWO leader, what about the survivors, how can we get them as well?"

"Hmmmm, release poisoned rations at the local Costco"

I see it, you?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Where is the best place to buy REAL military MRE's?
I was under the impression that real military mre's were illegal to sell to the public. I would like to get a bunch of boxes but have no idea where to get them.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Where is the best place to buy REAL military MRE's?
I was under the impression that real military mre's were illegal to sell to the public. I would like to get a bunch of boxes but have no idea where to get them.

Yea i'd also like to know this as well. I remember when Hurrican Jeanne smashed FL, a truck came by and handed some out, i remember the couple I had being Very good.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
lol, this is pretty cool ill have to go get a container.

this reminds me of the bachelor chow on futurama in a way

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A great find and kudos to you for sharing it. Costco pretty much sells everything, that’s my default explanation for everything weird found there.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How much are Costco paying you lot for advertising?

Basically, they're a prudent business playing on dumb peoples fears of the end of the world by selling products no-one needs. But I bet they make $$$$$$$$$s

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah, that's a lot of ingredients. And it looks to be full of gluten and/or corn and/or dairy ingredients. All common allergens. Wouldn't be surprised to find soy in there, probably grown with genetic modification. (I'm speculating, can't read the label in the picture, but it's likely...). I'd say stock up on well stored dry goods, if you can.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

No problem, I like to help when I can...

And ESSAN, you know I don't work for COSTCO. But I can get you a discount there...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Nothing wrong with being prepared. Nothing at all.

To answer jasonjnelson's question I was refering to Northern California Costco's though 2 years ago I did see them at the Carlsbad, CA one as well.

[edit on 7/25/08 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If you live anywhere with natural disasters (such as California, as previously mentioned) these are nothing new. There are TONS of companies selling emergency kits, that include mre's. Just google emergency supplies.

They tell you to be prepared for anything, and to have food and water for your entire family for at least 72 hours.

In CA you keep supplies like this somewhere NOT inside your house. More like in a plastic storage bin out in your yard. Having something that lasts a long time, packaged in the appropriate manner (btw, normal water bottles don't hold up for long term storage) and that can be eaten as is, with no preparation is a pretty important thing.

I think it's a great idea. No conspriacy here, just being prepared. Does the entire world need supplies such as this? Probably not, but if you are in a high risk natural disaster area, they definately make sense.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In places where emergencies happen, this kind of item would be a godsend. Take a place prone to hurricanes. Two or three of these would be greatly appreciated during hurricane season and the possible event of a hurricane hitting an area.

I am sure that in California the demand for hurricane supplies is rather limited. But places like the gulf coast states this would be a must have for any readiness kit.

Good find
I may have to get a cosco account going just so that I can pick up a couple of these bad boys.

Oh does anyone else think it's funny it has a 20 year shelf life?
I don't think twinkies last that long anymore

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Leave it to big business to capitalize on hysteria and fear mongering. Its like a cycle, the media pumps up the conspiracy theorists to believe doom and gloom, big business conveniently offers you products to make you feel better about the doom and gloom

[edit on 25-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join