It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...?!?! COSTCO selling long-term Emergency food?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Soylent Green!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
UUUUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!
Soylent Green

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I havent read all replies, so dont shoot me if this article has alrdy been posted, but i just read this today :

A Wall Street Journal columnist has advised people to "start stockpiling food" and an ABC News Report says "there are worrying signs appearing in the United States where some … locals are beginning to hoard supplies." Now there's concern that the U.S. government may be competing with consumers for stocks of storable food.

source : www.worldnetdaily.com...

Just wanted share this article with u. I never even heared of COSTCO, cause im Belgian
, but maybe this is related

Its an interesting article at least.

regards

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Imagine, after the nuclear winter is over all you find is a few roaches eating Costco survival food.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I just (7/23/08) had a tour of San Diego harbor, where much of the pacific fleet is stationed. The tour guide stated that there is an abnormally low number of frigates and destroyers in the harbor - i.e. a large number are at this moment deployed. Don't know what this means - would frigates and destroyers factor into keeping the Hormuz strait open?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
ewww...no thanks,im not prepared for the end of the world(silly me) but i wouldn't be storing that in my cupboard...i live near a forest though...and i know a fair bit about the uk country side and all the food it offers...so i'd go there first before eating that crap...lets just hope there is no nuclear fallout in my forest...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by antar

I don't know if they do accept them, but if you are in Cali, I will use my membership to get you one, and then you can make payments to me. Not a joke, I really do believe that everyone should be prepared in some way. Anything helps...

Edit to note that it actually comes to .30 cents a serving, but still.... EVERY MEMBER of ATS should arrange to get one of these buckets for every member of their household.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

i know you're happy and everything at the seemingly great value discovered.
it's as if your avatar completely embodies your excitement over the .30 a serving idea.

but have you gone in depth and read the ingredients, researched the manufacturer, have you found out if this is genetically modified food, is there aspartame in any of it, is any of the food organic or have pesticides been sprayed on them

these are important pieces of information, if the only source of food you eat contains all these toxic substances.

-

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Get em fast they are getting sued because of them. Although it was a couple of years ago. I'm going to pick up a bucket

www.soundpolitics.com...

mikell

Edit to add you can still buy online 90$ delivered for me anyway

www.costco.com...

[edit on 26-7-2008 by mikellmikell]

[edit on 26-7-2008 by mikellmikell]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Trust me, I realized what thread would be the first to feature my new AVATAR.

Anyway, I only think this a good deal because the fact is, MOST people have nothing, and $55 is not all that much money. It's just a nice stop-gap, while yoiu prepare for other things....

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by prevenge

Trust me, I realized what thread would be the first to feature my new AVATAR.

Anyway, I only think this a good deal because the fact is, MOST people have nothing, and $55 is not all that much money. It's just a nice stop-gap, while yoiu prepare for other things....

if it's chock full of nasty processed crap, poisons and preservatives.. ...
sorry.. i'd rather eat roast squirrel.
they're everywhere.
and they're free.

-

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Do you possibly think they are selling this stuff to make money?

That's usually why COSTCO sells things. In fact, they refuse to sell anything that they do NOT make money selling.

No, this doesn't have any cosmic meaning. There is now, and always has been, a market for this kind of stuff. Particularly with all of the natural disasters that have been happening.

But of course, that's just too simple an explanation, isn't it?

Nope, must be an alien invasion expected, or maybe somebody leaked to them that the Russian Army is on its way.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

Thanks for adding such gems to my current threads! I would have commented on the other one, but you were pretty much just insulting me on that thread.

Have a nice day, you just made my ignore list... (for the other thread post)

Jason

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am an Eagle Scout. Damn proud of it, too.

Our motto is "Be Prepared"

I never, ever as a teenager thought it would mean as much as it does today.

Winters cold, hurricanes, summers hot...Forget the whole NWO/traditional "conspiracies" -- just being damned ready is smart.

I have rice/beans, a water filter, a GPS, a solar recharger...a shortwave radio too w/NOAA weather bands on it.

Just in case.

And I live in Alaska. We had a doozy of an earthquake back in '64, and we're due for another.

So "martial law" or "natural disaster" -- I want to "be prepared" just as my scouting has taught me.

It's better to be over-prepared and have nothing happen--than be under-prepared and wish you had thought ahead.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
HOLY CRAP!!!!!

20 year shelf life???? What the @*%? is right. I think I'll go get some though. Someone obviously knows some thing we don't. Of course this could just be corporate America capitalizing on the 2012 chatter.

I'm perplexed!!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

trust me that mre your so fond of will kill you in the long run. more than a couple of weeks on those things and you colon will never be the same..

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
MRE's taste great and smell great..but dont eat them unless you like insane amounts of sodium/salt..each mre is a modern marvel in chemistry..if it aint real its fake..read the label not the picture.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
OH MY GOD! EVERYBODY PANIC!! COSTCO IS SELLING EMERGENCY FOOD! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
list of ingredients available at

nutristorage.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
im eating an actual goverment issue MRE as we speak, I love them. Dad is retired Milliary and the sell the excess in the Commissary. I have him buy me some when he goes shopping. Great lunch..Don't need to pack anything the night before.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Keep in mind that real, Military MREs have chemicals added to them to 'help' the soldiers. I'm not talking innocuous preservatives and such, either.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join