It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinsley, Kansas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Does anyone have any info on the underground base in Kinsley, Kansas?
I live about 2 hours from there and if anyone has any idea where it is located I could go and see if I could find anything.
I also heard that there is an entrance to something close to worlds of fun in Kansas city, been there and haven’t seen anything but once again would go and check if anyone has info.
I have done searches on the inner web and found nothing of real value.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This dude says it's a UFO base:

www.stevequayle.com... ses.html

I have also found some links on the super-mega-underground-tunnel-network that says DIA has tunnels to Kinsley, NEBRASKA.

When I was a kid we lived in Stockton and used to drive through Kinsley going back and forth to see relatives in Texas. Didn't seem like there was much there, but it sort of reminds me of the show 'Jericho'.

[edit on 7/22/08 by emsed1]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I have been through a couple of time myself on the way to Dodge City, never really saw much. I know there a lot of abandoned missile silos around the area but not much else.

I saw the thing about the tunnels to Nebraska but I know there isn’t a Kinsley Nebraska. I think that is a typo for Kinsley Kansas

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ice1300

When I took the Texas Eagle through Missouri, I saw a place built into the side of a bluff. There was a major road going inside the bluff with semi trucks driving in and out of if. I do know they have huge places like that in Kansas and it is possible to have them in Nebraska. They are used for underground storage. Universal Studios has all of the original prints of most movies hidden in one of the storage areas, including other studios.
Just stating, if trucks can drive in there with no problem, it would not be hard to have a military base in a bluff. Now do they actually have flying saucers? That is another question.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There was a thing on Dirty Jobs last year about Kansas Salt Mines.

I don't know if that might be similar, but I think those guys had to go down an elevator.

They had cars and trucks down there but they had to shave the tops off and take them down in pieces and reassemble them!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There is a huge salt mine in Hutchinson Ks. The mine is about 650 ft underground.
I took a tour of it about 6mo ago.
There is a part that they are using for storage, from what I remember it is old documents and motion pictures etc. I saw the Dirty job on the salt mine very cool. I just wonder if there is more that they arnt showing us.

Here is a link to there web site www.undergroundmuseum.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

What I saw was a highway going into a tunnel at the side of the bluff (on a slight incline). It must of been huge inside the area the trucks were going to. I know they use old salt mines for storage too. Most of these places are in "plain sight" and most people don't really think about what is inside these places.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It's just storage and businesses in KC. It is a constant temp year round. Really neat if you ever get the chance to check it out.

SubTropolis

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ice1300

As a roughneck and former hunter in the western wilds of Kansas I know where your talking about. That used to be a military base that was used as a protected bunker for all the underground missle silos. It was supposedly closed in the early 70's but who knows what might be there now. It was almost totaly underground. Only a few out buildings and quonsets where still there the last time I was there.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So does anyone think there may be actual tunnels connecting KC, Kinsley, Cheyenne Mountain and others here?
I know that in Nebraska growing up we used to hunt on land around the active missile silos, as long as you didn’t shoot toward or get close to the fence the Air force would pay any attention to you.
There is a guy that is selling abandoned missile silos in the Midwest as homes I think its 20th century castles. This was on the news a few years back.

I just found this link the site has lots of pictures of missile silos being repaired and links to those that are for sale.

www.siloworld.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ice1300

No, there are no tunnels linking the missile bases and Cheyenne. There is a fictional novel about the missile bases all having tunnels connecting them, but that is fiction. I do know of a lot of missile launch facilities being converted to homes. Regular missile silos (except Titan missiles) are just destroyed as they would not be to good to convert since they are just holes in the ground for the Minuteman II/III and MXs.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I used to work in an underground cave in Kansas City KS, around 65th and Inland Drive. Company was Americold. We had frozen foods. The place was huge. The whole KC metro area has a lot of abandoned limestone mines. My delivery area (Pizza) has alot of undermined warning signs, around 42nd and gibbs. An old mine collapsed about 3 miles north of that and we thought it was a small earthquake at first. It cracked a building which was later demolished. Further east into the Missouri side there is a commercial underground park. You can play paintball in one of them, and I have. Jeagers www.jaegers.com...

The possibility of a large secret base in the KCMO area is real, and would be pretty easy to hide. We have a Fed reserve regional bank, a large IRS center and other federal buildings plus Leavenworth military base to the NW and Whiteman Airforce base to the SE. Fort Riley is about 90 minutes west, though it would be a quicker flight. It would be easy to hide the employees on .gov payrolls. There are also several smaller airfeilds, I was a reserve soldier at one that could have a C-130 land on it, and even Air Force One. Hiding in plain sight is possible, though I by no means am suggesting it is being done. But the possibility is tantalazing.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So buy the lack of any evidence I guess there is nothing in Kinsley, I drove out there last weekend and found nothing. There are a few abandoned missile silos but not much else of any real interest.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ice1300

I was born and raised in Kinsley, KS, lived there for 25 years. There isn't much of that town or Edwards county that I haven't seen and I can tell you there are no underground tunnels,bases or anything for that matter in or around Kinsley.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I live by the inland quarries (americold storage) and stil see a loader go into the caves main enterance every now and then. What are they doing in there these days? I thought they were closed and abandoned? Rumor is there is a 4 stage alarm in there now?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I to was born and raised in Kinsley Kansas, I can only wish this were true as that place is sooooo boring! I remember in school they took us on a filed trip to see what use to be an old skating rink on the second floor of an old building that is "haunted." Supposedly all the buildings on Main street are haunted and all in there original form. My family has military back ground and I never heard mention of tunnels. I will be there in a couple weeks, I will have to ask around!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Found this on some website:

3. Kinsley, Kansas
Function unknown
Tunnels to: Colorado Springs, Colorado; Hutchinson, Kansas; Tulsa Kokoweef Peak, SW California
Notes: Gold stored in huge cavern, blasted shut. Known as the "midway city" because it's located halfway between New York and San Francisco
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
well this is a dream i had about some underground fenced-in place in kansas. in mine it was called oilfield, but maybe my brain mixed it up or something haha.

This is the really weird one. This wasn't really a prediction dream, but more of a "theres's something going on in the world right now, and it needs to be fixed." In this dream, I was in this high-tech cultish compound near Lawrence, Kansas. I've never even been to Kansas, so idk why it was in my dream. It was in this tiny town called Oilfield, which I looked up online and couldnt't find anything about. It reminded me of a mix of the Prisoner, these books i've read called the Chasing Yesterday series, and the Matrix. Anyway it was like a mind-control place called the Village. Again, obviously taken from the prisoner somewhow. But it was different because it was really high-tech. Antime i tried to think about something, this big cloud of red would fill my vision and annoy me, so the people there pretty much learned not to think. it was a big hallway with doors, like a school kind of, and inside each room there was a door that led to the next room. i was sneaking through the building late at night, but there were cameras everywhere. i woke up and immediately wrote "Oilfield, Kansas" on my hand, like i would forget it or something. it was weird.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have lived in Lawrence, Kansas for awhile now and grew up in the KC area. I haven't seen anything unusual other than the missile silos. If there is a underground facility that is anything other than storage mines I haven't heard about it.

I will be looking into this though, if I find anything I will go check it out as soon as possible.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I am also interested in this thread. Will get back to you , found this by accident and am marking so I can come back later.

star for you

More to add I have.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join