It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunbathers Bask Next To Child Corpses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Sunbathers Bask Next To Child Corpses

abcnews.go.com

Shocking photos of sunbathers on an Italian beach soaking up the rays next to a pair of covered child corpses have Italians reeling.

The nonchalant beachgoers carried on Saturday as if nothing were amiss, ignoring that two children from the Roma ethnic group had drowned, ostensibly before their eyes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.independent.co.uk

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This is outrageous enough as it is, but this incident might be even more sinister than it first appears.

The civil liberties group EveryOne
has the following observations:

"Two young Roma would never have left their scant merchandise for 'a refreshing dip' in the waves."

Girls so poor they resort to begging leaving all their valuables on the beach? Not likely.

Also:

"Two Gypsy girls would never have gone bathing in full view of everyone because of the modesty that is one of their distinguishing characteristics."

Sounds like this could be some kind of coverup.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Is it possible that the beach-goers didn't know these children were dead, and maybe just sunbathing or something?
Because this seems awfully odd to me...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Dont mean to sound harsh or emotionless but what does one expect them to do, bring them back from the dead?

The two kids are dead so carry on.

Options:
1: move down the beach away from the corpse?

2: Stand over corpse while lamenting for the camera?

3: Stand up pretending to pack belongings while looking over shoulder lamenting corpse for camera?

4: quickly move out of site and retreat into the waves as to not be captured by the camera living your life?

5: continue to sit in the location and live?

I just dont know what they expect them to do?
I have kids and even if they die I would most certianly grieve but I wouldnt expect the world to stop because of it.

This isnt my opinion its just more of a question.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

mmmm, what were they expected to do if they even knew the kids were dead. From those photos they kinda didnt look dead but then someone would have to have brought them up from the water and covered them.

donno.....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
All I would expect them to do is show their respects, the continue their life and not stare at the bodies. Which it doesn't look like this couple did.

The world should not stop because somebody died, as harsh as that sounds.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I dunno really its hard to say not being there.Perhaps the people were just upset because of what had happened and were trying not to think about it.It all depends on the time frame I mean why were they left laying there to begin with wouldn't it be a crime scene?Wouldn't the police come and guard it for the coroner?It all sounds very odd Italians most being catholics usually have utmost respect for the dead.
"When the police from the mortuary arrived an hour later with coffins, the two girls were carried away on the shoulders [of the officers] between bathers stretched out in the sun."

What the hell?Bring coffins to the beach?What about a stretcher?

[edit on 22/7/08 by Being_From_Earth]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
First thing I see is the pictures were taken and published in poor taste.

We don't know the whole truth and the way the pictures are done, I'm certain it is a bit out of context.

We don't know how long they lay there, nor do we know how long the others in the picture were there etc..

What I find more disturbing is why weren't the bodies moved yet - where are the people who brought them to shore - why aren't there any police around?

Definitely weird reminds me of the scene in the 1960 version of The Time Machine were the girl is screaming while drowning and nobody pays her any attention.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Personally I would not have remained next to a couple of dead kids. I suppose I would have moved further down the beach or to another one.

The fact that some people are somewhat insensitive is not my issue here though. The story doesn't make sense to me.

Would Roma kids normally bath in public? EveryOne says they would not. Anyone familiar with Roma culture here?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What the big deal, is the world supposed to stop every time a death occurs within ones vicinity. I seen people die in car accidents within 100yds of me, didn't stop me from going on with my day.

Where were the local authorities? It's not the regular persons job to deal with that crap anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gekko
Personally I would not have remained next to a couple of dead kids. I suppose I would have moved further down the beach or to another one.

The fact that some people are somewhat insensitive is not my issue here though. The story doesn't make sense to me.

Would Roma kids normally bath in public? EveryOne says they would not. Anyone familiar with Roma culture here?

I have worked in the social area before and during that time worked closely with about 50 Roma families. All of the kids I worked with would and did. Times have changed and at least in the communities I have worked (three) it was very rare for the new generations to still follow the old traditions of the culture. Or even their parents for that matter. These past two generations have shown a lot of change at least in the Southern European region.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

That's interesting, and it somewhat undermines the conspiracy angle.

What country did you work in if you don't mind telling?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

They decided, along with their cousin and a friend, to go for a swim in a stormy sea.

Wonder what the cousin and friend have to say about the whole thing - or did they get swept away or something

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Apparently they were taken away by the police for questioning and for locating the parents of the deceased.

I's weird how the police did not leave anyone to "guard" the corpses though. I would think that was pretty standard routine.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

reply to post by InTrueFiction

That's interesting, and it somewhat undermines the conspiracy angle.

What country did you work in if you don't mind telling?

I worked in Portugal even though the job also included trips for the teenagers to meet other communities and places either throughout the country or in Spain (never in Italy). And when in the summer these trips actually included time spent in public swiming pools.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It's almost like the reporter wanted to make this into some huge racial thing, when in reality it's masking the really horrible response of the local authorities. Why are two dead bodies left on a beach for an hour? Where are the cops? Someone had to of went against standard procedure here. Maybe everyone on the beach thought they were alive, heck the cops did leave, what they know?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Those people have way stronger stomachs than i do. Seriously, enjoying a day at the beach next to two human corpses?? If i see roadkill it ruins my day. But two dead children? And they're just sunbathing next to them? That's sick.

About it being a coverup, i don't know. Roma children would definitely go bathing in the sea. I've seen roma children taking baths in fountains in the middle of the city. Their have normally a free attitude, you know, like nomads do. I guess it was just an accident, but still, the attitude of the people and of the authorities is a little shocking.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV
and
reply to post by Wallachian

I agree that if this is an accident, as seems more likely as we get more input from members in the know, the worst behavior is from the police and local authorities.

Most news reports suggests the corpses were left alone for about one hour, some claims up to three hours.

I am fairly certain that if the deceased girls were two pretty blonde scandinavian tourists, they would have been treated with a lot more respect.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I am fairly certain that if the deceased girls were two pretty blonde scandinavian tourists, they would have been treated with a lot more respect.

I hear you. The racist attitude of people in my country and in Italy against roma people is growing everyday. I hear all the time the phrase "I'm not a racist, i just hate gypsies". It's very disturbing, and i'm sure that the fact the girls were roma contributed a lot to how their bodies were treated by the authorities and the people.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Wallachian]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
and the world just keeps on turning...when we all die nobody will really care except those closest to us and even they will get over our death...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join