It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate forum Information

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
OYE! I lost my first Debate
.... NOOOOOO

Ah well It was great fun.. I proly coulda done a better job... Next time I will.. I don't have another birthday for 350 some odd days. Andrews counter arguments were good.

So... Whos next?

Any takers?

I am already 0-1 so I might be an easy notch in your post....

Sounds like a good old fashioned hustle to me.
The clue: You're way to happy about it.
Bluffing on ATS is a considerable skill to have my friend, many juicy points around.
Me, they won't even let in.
Something about the server ...

Wait I'm in

[edit on 9/5/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Debates great! Feel free to debate anything I post! New viewpoints are always welcome!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
(sniff) (sniff) I smell fresh meat! (sniff) (sniff) and FEAR!

(patent pending villain laugh) MU HU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm interested in joining the fun after the current tournament, or after another round or two -- whenever things slow down a bit in the debate forum.

Do I just say so here and hope someone will call me out? I guess I'd be up for just about anything my first time around.

EDIT TO ADD: one important qualification to my "about anything" statement. I'd like to avoid any 9/11 related topics at least in my first few debates. I'm not sure if I really qualify for turning them down under the Fight Club Rules, but I don't think I can do the objective research needed to do either side of the issue justice.

[edit on 9/5/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Absolutely. You guys should start discussing topics, rules and making challenges.

After you have settled upon an agreeable topic, then go ahead and u2u myself or semperfortis and one of us will surely take of it....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
OPEN CHALLENGE!!!

This is an open challenge to debate LordInfamous

ANY Topic

ANY Time

Put up or SHUT UP!

An Official Challenge has been issued!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
OPEN CHALLENGE!!!

This is an open challenge to debate LordInfamous

ANY Topic

ANY Time

Put up or SHUT UP!

An Official Challenge has been issued!

and they are ALWAYS filled with a head full of...

i'm gonna keep asking till i get an answer wuk. who's gassing you man? lemme guess, it's bombeni isin't it? if it is, i'm assuming that she's wanting you to avenge her loss for her.

or perhaps it's one of the fine ladies of ats/bts telling you things like "wuk, if you challenge and defeat lord in a debate, we can go out on a date. then you can FINALLY stop fantasizing about my picture."

[edit on 9-9-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
OK, I'll bite.

Is this reply enough to "sign up?"

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cryingindian

nope

but shooting of a U2U to WyrdeOne, kleverone, lombozo, Jbird, MemoryShock, semperfortis, will get you your fighter status and you will be able to debate

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

whatukno, what are you doing slumming it down here?
Looking to get your confidence back up by beating up on newbies?

A little sad if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Its my duty as the self appointed ATS concierge to help out new members get beaten to a pulp in the debate forum

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

So kinglizard, are "real" fighters allowed down here to haze the newbies or is it bad form?
They got to learn sooner or later the tough skin required. I was just speaking to sublime and he's also happy to help.

We can call it community service.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I believe hazing is a necessary tool for greeting new comers.

Do as you must!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

First of all everyone should know that we're here to help you.

There will be much expected of you should you shed your tricycle wheels and move on.
Now I'm not going to lie to you but there are some rules at the adult table.
The word "flailing" gets tossed around a lot these days....
But I will let my friend and honorable fighter sublime take it from here if and when he chooses to return.
He'll give the bad news.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
So kinglizard, are "real" fighters allowed down here to haze the newbies or is it bad form?

I think it best we try to welcome and lead in this thread and keep the fight in the ring as it were.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

I think it best we try to welcome and lead in this thread and keep the fight in the ring as it were.

So you saying we should encourage the members who are bravely taking this on, remembering that we once walked in their shoes ,and seriously help in any way we can?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The bad news is:

You have to face guys like schrodinger, semperfortis, MS, and others. Chissler and Skyfloating are no joke either.

I'm pretty sure every one of these people starts off their day by killing a kitten.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

The bad news is:

You have to face guys like schrodinger, semperfortis, MS, and others. Chissler and Skyfloating are no joke either.

I'm pretty sure every one of these people starts off their day by killing a kitten.

Hence my username. Yikes! Imagine if I had used the cat.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Please read the opening post of this thread and keep all further comments on topic:

Originally posted by kinglizard
The purpose of this thread is for members without fighter status to explore the possibility of earning their Fighter title by setting up a debate between themselves and one other ATS member. Lets use this thread for new members interested in debating other ATS members and those that have already earned their fighter title to discuss possible match ups and debate topics.

Thanks everyone...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Alright we're off.

If anyone does have questions or needs any help or advice, the truth is, all fighters will take the time to answer any questions you might have. We debate fiercely, but we also have a lot of fun. For anyone who is hesitant, I promise you you that if you persevere, you will not regret it. You would become part of a great community of friends and challenge the edges of you intellect. Again, do not hesitate to ask us questions, as I said earlier, we have all walked in your shoes, and the fighters before us were there for us. Good luck in your debates and have fun.

SDog

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join