It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate forum Information

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
At the risk of returning to topic...

Round Two of the debate tourney is done! Congratulations to semperfortis, maria_stardust, nyk537, Ian McLean, chissler, schrodingersdog, constantwonder, and either ragster or Skyfloating
And well fought to all!

I'm thinking that maybe in a couple weeks the debate forum will be ready for some new blood. Anyone else interested? It'd be nice to fight a fellow newbie first, rather than get totally pummeled by one of the current fighters -- I've been following the tournament and it's a tough bunch.

Any non-9/11-related topic, I would take either side just to get some practice in

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I'm pretty sure every one of these people starts off their day by killing a kitten.

Oh my god...usually I just feed him...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am a Master Debater

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by Sublime620
I'm pretty sure every one of these people starts off their day by killing a kitten.

Oh my god...usually I just feed him...

Yeah, MS is back!
We were going to be naughty but kinglizard set us straight and I made a graceful exit.
Did I describe us accurately?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Indeed..

And I have to concur with kinglizard here, but I couldn't let that statement slide...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Alright everybody there's nothing to see here.

Come on MS, hold on to my shoulder, there you go buddy, that's right we going to YOUR forum, come along.

I got him I got him ...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'd like to congratulate Frankidealist35 and OZWeatherman for taking on the challenge and starting a debate.

I wish you both good luck.

Fight!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OK this must be the public forum?

Would anyone care for challenge match? I am attempting to sharpen my debate skills and while I may only be good for a point, Thats still one point more to your name?

Any takers?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Just sent you a U2U as well but want to shout-out here too so MemoryShock knows I took his advice and am looking for an opponent on my topic.

I am new to the forum, have no education in formal debate and am intimidated, needless-to-say, but want to try my hand at it.

The topic/title I am proposing is "Codex Alimentarius - TEOTWAKI or Safe at Last?". I will take the Con/TEOTWAKI position.

If you are interested I would like to do opening statements this Saturday and try to wrap it up by the following Saturday at the outside -- obviously stuff happens, but goals are good, right?

Cheers!
TWISI

[edit on 16-10-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Then I shall let you make the opening statement on Saturday. I shall make mine after yours on Saturday..Unless you post at 11:59 pm in which case I shall make my opening statement from the pro position on Sunday.

I should warn you though I have high specialized Ninja training in Food handling and recreational and educational drug use as well as a chip From Alcoholics Anonymous... Just to say I am ready to expound upon the virtues of the codex.....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Great! I am looking forward to being schooled by you, and hope I am not too unmercifully paddled due to a poor performance as a pupil.

I just asked MS about the opening statement and am happy to go first.
I will make every effort to post as early as possible, I am on PST.

Afraid but undaunted,
TWISI

[edit on 16-10-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm interested if anyone would like to debate. Don't care if the topics range from conspiracy theories, creationism, politics or the economy.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

One of the current fighters, Ian McLean, had the courtesy to make me aware of your post and suggest that I might be interested in the challenge.

He was right.

I wouldn't be able to start until after Tuesday, because this weekend is busy for me, but if you're willing to wait, I'd love to debate anything non-9/11.

Ian suggests cryptozoology; I don't know if he has a specific topic in mind, but I'm up for it. You could pick a topic and side, or we could ask him and the folk over in the Fight Club Pub to assign something.

What do you think?

Please say yes – then I can get my fighter status and not be such a Peeping Tom

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

If you guys can't come up with a topic the mods are usually really good at picking them.

Whatever you do, for god's sakes, do not trust Ian.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Luckily I don't think there's a pink unicorn floating around in my past for Ian to betray me over

Hmm ... maybe something about unicorns ...

BTW SchroDog, The Last Unicorn was one of my little sister's absolute all-time faves. Let your stepdad know he's loved in the Dingbat household

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
What will out, will out. I admire Schro's eagerness for wearing the pink, and I am proud to have offered him avenue though which to express himself.

We're with ya, Schro! You go, guy!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
What will out, will out. I admire Schro's eagerness for wearing the pink, and I am proud to have offered him avenue though which to express himself.

We're with ya, Schro! You go, guy!

I'll join in the whole congratulating Schro Dog for his bravery...but let's not forget that I am the one suffering this indirect, yet inhumane assault upon my online personality...:shk:

That said...good on you guys for setting up a challenge match. Be sure to communicate via u2u and let us all know when the details are hammered out and you want to begin...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Just so the public knows, I accept the challenge. Looking forward, also a topic I'll ALWAYS be pro-for is Video Games incase anyone wants to debate.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Everyone...

Member "Supercertari" is looking for a debate...

Any takers???

Semper

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Everyone...

Member "Supercertari" is looking for a debate...

Any takers???

Semper

I'm fairly certain I have finally understood how the process works. I am up for a debate.

In addition, I had what I find to be an interesting topic/title to debate (which cropped up in a thread I was on today) which I believe has some merit on both sides of the equation. "Militarization Of The Police -- Is the police becoming increasingly distant from its ability to serve civilians?"

Either way, I'm up for the challenge, whatever the topic, whatever the side.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join