It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking UFO News! - Stephenville, Texas Radar Report

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Where are the FOIA requests for the date Ricky supposedly saw the massive one only 300 feet over his head. Because that didn't happen on January 8th.

It might be tough to ask for since I don't think Ricky has a firm date for that. Was it January 1st?.....Sometime in December?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

Well, I would have to say that the debunkers need to go back to the drawing board. It either happened or it didn't and the radar reports the former. The debunkers can't say the virus lights were a laser show and still have confirmed objects on the radar. It can't be both!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

mid-December. Jan. 1 was just a date he came up with for Linda Howe. Ricky doesn't always keep track of the date. It was mid-December about 3 weeks because the mass Jan. 8 sightings.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Who was saying that something did NOT happen on January 8th? Nobody is disputing that.

Your "virus lights" was debunked...and not by me. It was a star. I'm sure there were stars out on Jan. 8th also.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
reply to post by FlySolo

This was not mentioned in the show of course, but this was debunked here at ATS even before UFO Hunters did it on their show. It was a camera anomoly, most likely showing a bright star.

It looked cool though, cool enough to show the squiggly star for a few seconds.

Sorry, I missed what you said. It was debunked as a camera anomaly? That's pretty weak I must say.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

What's pretty weak? The explanation? It was thoroughly debunked. In fact, an ATS member recreated it on his own, in no time. Find the thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
To all the participators of this thread.

I started this thread with the only purpose to inform ATS-members who are interested in the Ufo subject and especially in this very interesting Stephenville case.
I read that “Breaking UFO News About Radar Data Supports Stephenville, Texas UFO Sightings in MUFONS “Special Edition of MUFON E-News”.
By reading it I recognise immediately that it was a very important report so I posted it at once on ATS.
But I never ever expected that such an ordinary post would draw so many stars, flags and compliments.
Normally are all those stars, flags and compliments rightly deserved for all the work and/or research the poster has done before posting his/her thread.
But I did none of those; I was only a messenger and really nothing more.
It gives in some way a very wrong impression and I don’t want that.

Therefore I dedicate all those stars, flags and compliments to the MUFON team that has done all that great work and research to make that magnificent report.

I assume that no one can disagree with that.

Spacevisitor.

Maybe the moderators can place the intention of that yellow remark in some way by the name of this thread?

[edit on 12/7/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wonder what kind of explanation we will get from the gov this time, if they even bother to comment on it..

I cant understand why things like this aren`t investigated furter, that in it self is kinda susspisious you ask me.

The sad thing is that news like this tend to disappear from the media within short time, and mysteriously forotten by most people pretty fast.

What kind of evidense do people need?? We use eyewitnesses in the court of law, and in this case we even have radarimages to back them up. You could most possibly be convikted of murder if you had that against you in court.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Ok, shaky camera. I found the last post on the matter. I just thought the virus lights looked a lot like Dorthy Izzat's stuff. Thanks for setting that straight.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Fort Worth Star Telegram online article:

www.star-telegram.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

A good recap of the events. Good story.

Thankfully, it doesn't bring into the story, the unsubstantiated report of the craft's size by Ricky. The hard data has NOTHING to do with the reports Ricky had in ..Ummm...December?

Also, the added fluff put forth that gov't agents have been harrassing witnesses. Wow, makes for a great TALL story.

Ricky Sorells .."I was standing right under it, couldn't see its' sides"......and January 8th have nothing in common

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
have you notice that either Earthfiles.com or C2C haven't report anything about this radar report, hmm you think big media is trying to eliminate little UFO media outlet, like Larry King, CNN, MSN and so on, or they don't care about stephenville lights anymore?
by the way I send an email to Linda and George about the MUFON report so they know.

to tell you the truth, this report its only good for those people who don't believed in the good people from Stephenville, TX

[edit on 12-7-2008 by newkid]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
does anyone have any idea what this could be?? hope the link works! i was stood outside having a smoke before setting off for work noticed this thing and managed to grab my point and shoot and get these 3 shots before it accelerated away

farm3.static.flickr.com...

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Neilc1972]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
""The smallest size calculated FROM WITNESSES DESCRIPTIONS..."""(emphasis mine)

I say again...the radar data does NOT confirm what the witnesses described.

What do you mean by radar data does not confirm what the witnesses describe? Are you speaking merely size wise?

As for the fact of something unknown being on the places reported by several witnesses, from different locations, the radar data confirms it.

No, it does not show what the size of the object was. They said so on page 6 that Unfortunately, the FAA primary radar do not measure size of an object. So, what? The radar shows however, that an unknown object, that displayed abnormal behavior on radar, was on exactly where the witnesses described it to be.

You know what else doesn't show up on radar? The size of the F-16s. Do you doubt any F-16s were there as well? I see that perhaps you have a problem admitting that something extra-terrestrial might be flying in our skies or that it was flying in Stephenville's skies on those dates.

Well you shouldn't because the report doesn't obviously show it was extra-terrestrial, nor do they claim so in the report. Nor did the authors of the report claimed it to be extra-terrestrial on Larry King. Even if the radar showed an object with 1000 feet and doing speeds of Mach 6 and stopping abruptily people there would always be a (legitimate) doubt that it could be ours.

But don't say that there was nothing there, or that the radar doesn't show there was nothing there, because that's flat out wrong. There was something there, unknown, that displayed strange behavior and was heading towards the President's Ranch.

No one is saying that this evidence proves that it was of alien origin, no. Those are merely opinions and hypothesis of some people after analyzing the data and hearing the witnesses descriptions. But saying the data is worthless, well, it's frankly stupid.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Aren't we about do for yet anothe black project to be declasified?

I can't stop thinking this like show and tell give a glimps of it then boom here is our new tactical recoinassance drone or uav or fighter you get the point.

I guess I'm just trying to make sense of this. Good post visitor and great work by MUFON.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I enjoyed this segment on Larry King. I was interested in when that lady for the newpaper in Texas mentioned that there were reports of the object heading towards President Bushes ranch.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
...Dr. Seth Shostak of www.seti.org... remarks [below] are in my opinion really out of this world.
This man is a 100% debunker.

“We think they are out there of course, but I don’t think they are here, it is not that that’s impossible but I think that if they where here we know it”.

“If it were Alien craft, we have 800 satellites up there, how come they can’t find this big spacecraft, why is that?
Why is it that we think that the military would keep this quite”?

But that is only my opinion.

1st - Cudos to Larry once again, at least the fourth UFo show since last fall; and he always gives both sides simple questions and time to answer.

2nd - Seth Shostack. If this was the first time you hear/see Dr Shostack I *highly* recommend getting his podcast, "Are we alone?". Above and beyond Seti he discusses ET with a number of scientists always asking questions from _our_ point-of-view; eg: How would life evolve on such-and-such a planet, Why are we sending out messages, and actually visiting Roswell...

He is genuinely bright, saying he is '100% debunker' isn't giving this guy enough credit; remember he runs SETI for a living, that's his freagin job. I was thrilled to see him there and he did well given the circumstances.

Overall, the best Ufo show, bar-none, in a *long* time!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by senshido

A job he might well be out of if these craft are of extraterrestrial origin. The guy is going to have some real explaining to do if they do turn out to be from elsewhere. Probably unfairly, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

SETI needs serious private funding to carry on existing. Him coming on and saying "Oh i think the might already be ere" is tantamount, to offering his resignation and the closure of the privately funded SETI project.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by senshido

Sorry I have to repeat a recent post, but one of my favorite quotes is, "Searching the cosmos for radio waves is as culturally arrogant as searching the cosmos for a good Italian restaurant."

And sorry to be the language stickler again, but I have trouble identifying those who are full of more bunk than serious, (at least) reasonably unbiased researchers of the unexplained as debunkers. PLEASE use quotes around the word! I'm convinced future history will duly note that major terminological error. Peace.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I just got done reading the report, a great piece of work by MUFON, seems like a very interesting case, radar data, and statements from people I would hope are reliable, pilot, police chief, ex FAA guy, etc.

The one thing that stands out to me that I haven't seen mentioned is the way that the FOIA requests are made.

They request "information pertainning to any airborne object of unknown origin", I think the wording there could be a problem. If this is a US government craft, then to them it is not of unknown origin, they would know the origin, so they could quite legally say, "No, nothing of unknown origin here, move along".

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join