It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Larry King Live - Stephenville Texas sightings revisited (Friday 7/11/08)!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here's what I think. A conspiracy if you will.

The folks in Texas saw something. In fact, many witnesses did, going back well before Jan 8th...When the 'flap" started. A flap started by Angelia and her newspaper. (without the paper's approval which is why she was fired). Ricky even states his sightings started in December. Given the frequency, and probability of even more sightings...a story was hatched. A TALL story. A Texas size story. Even the
ufos are big in Texas. 3 miles long?...WOW. Embellishments were added to give the story legs. The next time an actual UFO was sighted, the hatched plan was put into action. The radar data is bolstering their tall tale. Unfortunately, not one shred of evidence other than their word, can confirm the huge size they report, or that government personnel have intimidated them.

And UFO Reality. Their biggest cheerleader. He seems to be having trouble with gov't agents as well. A common theme and a great way to garner attention. Kind of like other threads. Were you at the barbecue/meeting in Texas UFOReality? You and Angelia, and Ricky and the rest sure spent a lot time chatting at "the other forum" before the event took place.

I could embellish my own UFO sightings, even all the other witnesses that were there those nights to bolster the desription . Because as they stand, they're kinda boring stories. Amazing on their own at the time, trust me, but it sure wouldn't get me on Larry King.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
reply to post by ufo reality

The "technology" costs about 25 bucks at Best Buy or RadioShack. It's a suction cup, a few wires and a recorder. It would bolster your incredible stories. Just my opinion.

To cover your butt, every time you get Big Brother on the line...just let them know you're recording them first.

You had better check the laws in your locale before doing that.

Some places consider it illegal to record a conversation without the consent of all parties.

And unless you are in the (paranoid, and possibly illegal) habit of recording ALL your phone conversations, how are you going to capture the incriminating "evidence" without tipping off your caller?

And, even if you do manage to record a "threat" from Big B, you really think "they" don't have the means to wipe any record of the contact; if any record was allowed to be made in the first place?

Calls I place as part of my job are blocked from recipient's caller ID systems, and I just work for a state agency.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
UFO Reality, did you happen to mention to the CNN staff when you called that you have talked to Angelia previously, at least on the internet?

How did you know so quickly and surely that Larry King guests aren't paid? Something you've previously looked into?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

That's why I told him to cover his butt and state that when the call begins. I didn't realize that was unclear.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

I told the Larry King operator that I knew Ricky Sorrells personally which I do. I also know Angelia but I didn't mention that. Then I was on hold about to go live and the loud pop and I was knocked off. Then my next phone call to Dick Criswell his wife answered and I could hear myself echoing very loud and she could hear it also. Neither of us were on a speaker phone or anything like that.

Larry King guests are not paid. They are treated well and kindly but not paid. Food drinks, transportation, etc. yes

I was not at the Open Minds meet up. I don't live in Texas I live in Georgia a long way away. I've known Ricky via telephone for several months.

I know for a fact he has passed on many chances to speak out because of the military fear and his personal life being affected. This guy is the most down to earth man I've ever talked with. He didn't ask to see what he saw. Some of you need to put things into perspective.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There is zero evidence from this case. Why all the attention? I have no idea. At first I thought it was interesting, but the more you look into it, the more you see that there is nothing.

The Larry King show backed it up. Who cares about that radar data. Does it show anything at all like what was reported. No.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

Sure it does. It confirms what 8 witnesses said they saw. Were you not paying attention?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Seriously? ... How can one come to that conclusion with the radar info that was just released. Come on this just confirms what the witnesses saw was indeed a solid object without a transponder post 9/11.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No, it doesn't. It confirms that there was something there. It does not confirm its' size. Were you paying attention? It also does not confirm in the least the claim that gov't agents from any branch intimidated him.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ricky Sorrells' sighting took place in mid-December in Dublin Texas about 8 miles southwest of Stephenville. The radar data is of the Jan. 8 sightings in Stephenville. So of course it's not going to confirm what "Ricky" saw or the phone call from a Lt. Col

Get your facts straight, talk to the people I've talked to, then make an agrument.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Then why didn't they make a FOIA request for Ricky's supposed sighting of this massive craft..."sometime in mid_december"

What date was that again UFO Reality?

You guys should have gotten that one straight first.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You can say what you will. However I for one believe every word Ricky Sorrells said. Why? He reminded me of a friend that has ranch in Texas. I've hunted there many times.

These guys are as "real" as you will ever find. Unlike his neighbor in Crawford (GW). There not always the brightest people but they would not make this kind of thing up. If Ricky says he saw a craft. You can put every penny you own on it. He saw the thing.

The only thing that bugged me was. The UFO experts were so afraid to say the U word, it was a shame. Someone Please, please remind them that UFO doesn't necessarily mean it's from outer space. It just means that it was unidentifiable... I would think they would know this....

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Fort Worth Star Telegram online article:

www.star-telegram.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

A good recap of the events. Good story.

Thankfully, it doesn't bring into the story, the unsubstantiated report of the craft's size by Ricky. The hard data has NOTHING to do with the reports Ricky had in ..Ummm...December?

Also, the added fluff put forth that gov't agents have been harrassing witnesses.

Ricky Sorells .."I was standing right under it, couldn't see its' sides"......and January 8th have nothing in common.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

Sure it does. It confirms what 8 witnesses said they saw. Were you not paying attention?

The witnesses are all over the place. Does the radar data back up every witness claim?

During the entire episode of over an hour, there is no indication that any of the military jets reacted to this unknown craft.

Dozens of people around Dublin and Stephenville — about 70 miles southwest of Fort Worth — have reported seeing something in the sky on or about Jan. 8 that did not move like conventional aircraft. Some witnesses said the objects were accompanied or followed by military aircraft.

Descriptions varied. Some told of objects up to a mile long and hundreds of yards high. Others reported seeing two to eight lights that flew in formation, changed color and shone with intensity greater than a welding flame.

Source

Well what was it?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The story Ricky tells, although fascinating must be discounted. Mufon discounted it as unsubstantiated. Anyone can tell a story.

Take the whole bit in the news about it "being a mile wide" out of the equation. These stories are not in relation to the night there is data.
The night there is radar data...there were lights in the sky.

Poor Leroy, his claim after seeing the Caron video..."yeah, thats what I saw...".........

Hmmmmmm. Leroy, it was a star.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
last time i checked the title of the thread says...

CNN Larry King Live - Stephenville Texas sightings revisited....

Not lets go back in forth about radar blips... and dates..

You say Ricky is not a good witness, so we should just close the thread and all go home because you were there and know all about it. At least that's how you come off.

Hummm i wonder why they put him on the show among the UFO experts scared to say, ufo.... Probably cause he so much like leroy. He is the best witness. He is the only one that saw the thing close enough to describe the freaking landing gear. Everyone else saw lights in the sky. Prob swamp gas hun?

I will prob catch heat for this but IMO MUFON is a joke. I asked a simple question in their forum and they couldn't even give me a straight answer.

Read it for yourself.....
my question

I wont even go into all there reports of bigfoot being sighted at walmart that remain in there data base. No wonder their #'s are so huge..

With that said I'll be leaving this one to the all knowing expert. Hope it works out for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The reason they had Ricky on there is because he is the one with the HEADLINE grabbing story. And as I keep saying, his story had nothing to do with the date in question, the date where radar data is available.

If you take Ricky's story out of the loop, it's just another "lights in the sky, multiple witnesses, and now radar confirmation". A compelling UFO event in its' own right, yes....but, it would have gotten nowhere near the press had Ricky not thrown in his account...an account that occurred on an earlier date.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Not true. What Steve Allen and the group of people he was with saw was not a small point of light in the sky. Have you even read the reports? Are you 15 years old?

True, Ricky's sighting was 3 weeks before the Jan. 8 Stephenville sightings, but keep in mind that Dublin is only about 8 miles southwest of Stephenville and multiple sightings started in the area in November and lasted until February. So what you said is not a point. Makes no sense.

PS - The Larry King Live show re-airs tonight (Sunday) at 9pm eastern 8pm central 6pm pacific

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Geez, you get so testy and bent out of shape for such a highly regarded UFO charlatan....errr.....researcher. Almost the stubborn attitude of a 15 yr old. It's the same sort of attitude I would expect from any kid getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

K, now for the grown up stuff again. That witness and his buddies saw a number of lights. They made the assumption...as did mufon... that they were connected and were part of one craft. This may or may not be true.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join