It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Disclosure Right Here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm no good at mystery building or deception. It's not that I don't appreciate it, it's just that I'm no good at it. I used to train in martial arts quite heavily. My favorite school was a RyuKyu Kenpo school where all ranks were comingled into the same class. Sometimes advanced techniques were taught, and sometimes the basics were emphasized. The beauty of this arrangement is that it allows for fast learners to move at a pace that keeps them engaged, rather than keeping them down artificially. It also keeps old-timers on their toes.

To this end, I'm going to make some hard disclosures about the UFO phenomenon. Maybe it will only be attractive to a small portion, but I don't see why jackrabbits should be forced to follow at a turtle's pace. Anyway, moderators keep moving my posts around because they're "off topic". There doesn't seem to be a board for "the whole truth", only boards devoted to dividing the truth into separate areas.

This first post is a big one, but none of it is unnecessary. The truth about UFOs is a big truth, and hard enough to get one's mind around even if you've been exposed to UFO culture for a long time. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Neanderthal and Cro-magnon did, in fact, interbreed. Neanderthal actually had a larger brain, and his brain function was arranged differently than modern humans... unless you bring in autism and Asperger syndrome. Neanderthal had deep memory, "expert knowledge" (as a term to denote certain cognitive capacities similar to our own), language, and the capacity for symbolic thought. What he didn't have was the forebrain capacity of Cro-magnon, which we still have today. Neanderthal didn't have the ability to hold so many and varied items in short term memory at one time, and this has repercussions on how we use language. Some interesting physical features of Neanderthal have been passed down to some of us. Red or fair hair. Green or blue eyes. White skin. Curiously, they also had larger eyes, and a pronounced occipital bun, which made the back of their skulls stand out in sort of a cone. Not all inheritors of the cognitive traits share the physical traits such as white skin or non-brown eyes. Different populations have selectively bred out (via sexual selection) most of the Neanderthal physical traits. But not all cognitive traits.

The original offspring of the pairing between moderns and Neanderthal were, in fact, physically larger than either parent species. For another example of this, and an explanation of why this happens, look up "liger" at Wikipedia. They were the Nephilim. These hybrids also benefited from what has been referred to as "hybrid vigor". They got the best cognitive faculties of both parents. And what was that, exactly? Neanderthal's use of language was entirely different from our own, as was were the evolutionary pressures that shaped his social disposition and his mind. What has been mistaken for evidence of "primitiveness" in him has been the fact that he didn't seem to produce jewelry and status signifying ornamentation the way "our" ancestors did.

The Neanderthal concept of "self" was not the same as the modern conception. To Neanderthal, "self" was known to be distributed among the group. It might help to understand this by taking a closer look at how our concept of self evolved, first.

In primates, cognitive scientists have theorized that one of the great leaps made prior to language was the ability for an ape to run a mental simulation in abstract "mindspace" of other apes and what they might do under certain circumstances. "If I show physical affection for the alpha male in front of the alpha female, the alpha female will attack me." The ability to deceive for strategic gain, to manage strategic alliances and keep track of sexual politics, and the ability to plan ahead all have roots in this evolutionary jump. One of the byproducts of this mental arrangement however, is that you don't only have the ability to run a simulation of other primates, but also a simulation of your self. Imagine yourself getting up to grab a cold one from the fridge right now. Aahh. Refreshing, isn't it. Yes, but it isn't easy to turn this simulation off. In fact, just look around you. This fetishization of the self is what drives our economies! Are your teeth white enough? Do you drive the right car? Are you worth the air you breathe? These questions and their answers are all contingent on our perceived separation of one from another. This persistent delusion that we are separate and alone comes from the fact that we are mistaking the imagined self for the actual self. The Genesis story refers to this as "the Fall".

Back to Neanderthal. His use of language was not used to build elaborate tales about himself versus others, or to construct a narrative of the "self" such that others might judge his social rank. He also didn't make status-significant artifacts because individual status was not important to him. He shared a very special faculty that exists in many of us today, though it lays dormant. Mystics strive to attain the experience of it. A small percentage of people who go through secret society initiations are awakened to it. Some people experience it spontaneously under extreme duress. It is a direct experience of a unifying consciousness that is not limited to the individual, but which coordinates the activities of individuals from "on high". It is the direct experiential "we are all one" awareness. It's modern manifestations are seen here and there. Remote Viewing. UFOs. In the Bible you may have seen it referred to as "The Morning Star", Lucifer, and Christ.

[continued in next post]

[edit on 8-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The confusion of consciousness in modern humans is the struggle for balance between these competing cognitive styles. Our language (all languages used by the inheritors of this legacy) is actually two languages superimposed one atop the other. A portion of our awareness is dedicated to "network" computation, and another to "node". The distribution of cognitive styles is not homogenous:

"Apparently, in contrast to autistic people who have limited awareness of other minds, schizophrenics are drowning in otherness, and are ‘other’ even to themselves. In fact the social character of reflective consciousness should have been recognised in 1998, when Gallese reported the discovery of ‘mirror neurones’ and Milner and Goodale demonstrated that ego-centric perceptions are unconscious, whereas universalized (public and shareable) perceptions are conscious. All these findings are consistent with social mirror theory, which holds that mirrors in the mind depend on mirrors in society (Dilthey, 1883–1911; Baldwin, 1894; Cooley, 1902; Mead, 1934)."

The UFO issue is actually a mash-up of different phenomena. We have a tendency to lump the different parts together, and this tendency makes the whole issue more incomprehensible.

Let's talk about the "abduction" phenomenon in this post. Remember what I said about there being a unifying consciousness that directs individuals from "on high"? This is crucial to understand what is going on during "abductions". As I said before, there are different spiritual traditions and circumstances which can precipitate the "we are all one" experience. For a very long time, there have been people who practice ritual magic (or magick, as the Thelema traditions spells it). These traditions rely on a kind of deception that engages the imagination and the rational mind with rituals and formulas, while the busy work is going on at another level of awareness. You might look up "memetic reprogramming", "OTO", or "Aleister Crowley" if you are interested in digging this. The initiate is led to believe in the existence of elemental and angelic beings who exist apart from us in the "ether" or the "astral plane". What is important is that the initiate believe that there is an intelligence or awareness that one can communicate with in the first place.

It's really quite funny how deception can be used for good purposes. Take, as an example, a person who wants to smite an enemy and takes up membership in a Magickal order so that he might learn how to use "magic" against them. The practitioner is engaged in many exercises and exposed to many ideas, and even if the source of his burning desire to learn is due to his evil will to harm an enemy, he soon finds himself losing interest in doing others harm, as he is too busy performing "purification rituals" to make the elemental intelligences accessible to him. By the time a practitioner really begins to believe, and sees evidence that there is, in fact, a higher-order consciousness to which he can gain access, his attitude has changed about wishing harm on others... because he realizes that he and others are part of the same organism. Sometimes people are seeking higher truth but are turned off by the Church. Satan worship fills this gap. In order to be a Satan worshipper, you have to first buy into the whole idea of God vs the Devil, and you are really learning the same lessons in reverse. Later I'll discuss the problem of be stuck in dualism; of dividing the world into opposite pairs.

And this is the point, after all. The kundalini and other yogic traditions use a more straightforward path. They let you know up front that you are part of a greater consciousness and they do not describe the higher-order awareness as "external", in the form of angels or elementals. But the iconography doesn't really matter, at the end of the day.

My personal experiences and my research have led me to conclude that the abduction experience is a kind of contact with the higher consciousness that dwells within and among us. However, we are bound by our culture as to how we can understand such contact. In our "sophisticated" and self-centered modern cultures, we have a difficult time understanding the whole notion of a group consciousness and we therefore perceive the awareness as "other".

To a mind that has not been culturally conditioned to accept the possibility of such contact, it is difficult to understand the experience. This is why some abductees report friendly aliens who are interested in our spiritual evolution, and why others interpret the experience as a kind of violation and a threat to the ego. The human mind, unable to cope with the strangeness and novelty of what is happening, generate all kinds of images to try and make sense of it all. It is not "as simple as that", however, because the fact remains that even though we are a part of this consciousness and it is not separate from us, it is still very mysterious and quite distinct from the tiny portion of consciousness we ordinarily experience, and utterly alien to our modern conception of the self which is based in the ego.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Just wanted to say, good post.
I enjoyed the read.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
does this mean if i want a ride in a ufo bad enough, my higher self will arrange my boarding pass? it really sucks being stuck on Earth without a craft to go see the other planets.. incase my higher self is not aware of this.. i'll say it here, we gotta get the hell off this planet already!! bust out the motherships!!

btw, awesome read, ty applebiter

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Quality post mate. No matter what your opinion on this, its a good read.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Very interesting read.

Applebiter - I have a couple of questions for you:

1) First off - the way you claim 'disclosure' in the title - are you passing this information off as a well thought out proposition (it sounds as if you've read a lot of Jung), or as some sort of actual divine truth you have gained access to (I am intrigued by your screen name - Adam & Eve reference)?

2) Do you believe our ability to connect to this universal consciousness can be explained entirely by scientific and psychological elements (archetypes buried in our DNA for example) or does it all have a more supernatural connection? In other words - are these things just genetically embedded figments of our collective imagination or do you think the astral plane is actually real - maybe an unseen higher dimension of our physical reality?

In either case - how do certain paranormal phenomena that predict the future factor into all of this?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the read!

You might want to check out Graham Hancock's Supernatural.

The book takes a very interesting take on abductions, roots of the imagery in religion and myths, etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

That's part of the problem, I think. It's the either/or way of looking at the issue. Why should it be either physical or supernatural? This is a product of language and definitely a result of being stuck in a mechanistic interpretation of consciousness.

I have had one of those "mystical experiences". I wish it had left me permanently at one with the universe and able to move objects with my mind, but alas, no. Just burning questions. And I'm stubborn. When I was an atheist, I put a lot of stock in materialist and reductive interpretations of consciousness, and so I am familiar with the background in this area.

Also, I resonate strongly with Wittgenstein's 'Tractatus'. It sucks the meaning right out of language, doesn't it? There are the things which have names and are indivisible, and they are utterly mysterious since we run up against the ability to know the "thing in itself". Then there are the rules of language, which we cannot even speak of apart from using language, and so are also utterly mysterious. The roiling soup in between these mysteries is language. An intellectual way of pointing out that we are not separate and that as far as we can know even intellectually, we are trapped inside a closed system. Another indication of "we are all one".

[edit on 9-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1.01
does this mean if i want a ride in a ufo bad enough, my higher self will arrange my boarding pass? it really sucks being stuck on Earth without a craft to go see the other planets.. incase my higher self is not aware of this.. i'll say it here, we gotta get the hell off this planet already!! bust out the motherships!!

btw, awesome read, ty applebiter

Yeah, I think it means that. I'll go one further and say that if you find yourself interested in the issue, then your "higher self" is already trying to lead you to the spaceport.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
www.pnas.org...
www.rdos.net...

In case you find the "Neanderthal Connection" to be far-out. Also, before you bring up the information that came out of recent genomic studies of Neanderthal which tends to negate the theory, you should know that this is still unresolved. In my research, I have noticed a fair amount of "institutional" resistance to the idea. This is worthy of research all by itself. Here is a page that I found that points out some of the problems I see with the contravailing theory:

www.ridgenet.net...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Good Read.... one small issue. If Neanderthal and cro-magnon interbred to create the Giant (nephilim) like Lions , Tigers and Ligers.

Would there off spring not be infertile??

like Ligers, mules etc...

Also

"The Neanderthal concept of "self" was not the same as the modern conception. To Neanderthal, "self" was known to be distributed among the group. It might help to understand this by taking a closer look at how our concept of self evolved, first."

How do you know this?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Sandals24]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandals24

Ligers aren't infertile. Look up "liger" at Wikipedia. It happens that the liger is my example in nature of a hybrid which is not infertile. Tigons are another matter.

Read the research linked to in my post just above yours. My work is based on ongoing research. It is subject to tossing overboard. I'm not too proud to do that. On the other hand, this theory I'm developing fits to date.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a little early to read something like that, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Is this theory something you came up with or was it taught to you? If the former, how did you come to these conclusions. If it was taught, by whom was it taught?

Where do you think the natural release of dimethyltryptamine in the pineal gland fits into this, if at all?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by applebiter
[mor You do a very good job at putting it all together.. but its really not all that complicated once ive read it.. in other words some people dont have the brain power to tell a dream from reality.. (right)??

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jamesder

I've synthesized this from existing knowledge. I've been researching a lot of different fields. This theory sort of represents the picture in my mind of how the disparate facts fit together. If a piece is moved, I'll have to reconsider.

The '___' question intrigues me. I haven't done so much research into the pineal gland, but from what I have gleaned, its function may have something to do with that "we are one" experience I keep referencing. Considering that flouride accumulates in the pineal gland and compromises its function, is it any wonder that modern, heavily flouridated societies are experiencing psycho-social maladaptions based on alienation? Is it any wonder that modern medical science is prescribing SSRIs? I don't think it was supposed to be so hard to have this direct, non-intellectual, and utterly primal experience of conscious super-unity. When you have the experience, feelings of alienation cannot persist.

But who benefits from suppressing this? Anyone who wants to cater to your feelings of alienation and separation, and subsequent feelings of inadequacy or loneliness. We are a rabid consumer culture because we are trying to buy products that display status or that make us more attractive. We are trying to buy worth and connectedness.

Of course, it was also known prior to WWII that by adding flouride to municipal water supplies, you could make populations more docile and pliant. I rather doubt that most suicide bombers have ever been exposed to as much flouride as we have. They identify with the super-identity or group mind, and are therefore unafraid to lay down their lives.

We have a real issue, here.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
from Wiki

"While male ligers are sterile, female ligers can usually reproduce[citation needed]. Because only female ligers and tigons are fertile, a liger cannot reproduce with another liger or with a tigon"

so this isnt an example of a natural hybrid that can reproduce, because ligers cant mate with ligers therefore you cannot carry on the hybrid species if you see what i mean...

Could be wrong?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandals24

Even if the Neanderthal/Cro-magnon interbreeding can only happen once, and subsequent generations were hybrid/Cro-magnon, there is still an indelible stamp on the genome.

Also, the single-generation interbreeding could have gone on for a long time, given the overlap of moderns and Neanderthal. The Gibraltar find indicates that we were possible bunkmates for thousands of years.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ok I see what your saying.. interesting none the less

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter
Considering that flouride accumulates in the pineal gland and compromises its function, is it any wonder that modern, heavily flouridated societies are experiencing psycho-social maladaptions based on alienation?

interesting...that's the first time I'd heard that

thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

These are the kind of posts I come to ATS for. I don't think its disclosure, afterall it IS only a theory. Reminds me a bit of Jacques Vallee who postulates a connection between myths of old and the modern day UFO myth.

Even though your theory has spirutal connotations I think it only because we don't fully understand the mechinism behind it yet. Our brains are so amazing!

Starred for an excellent and interesting post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join