It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of Americans think 9/11 was an inside job!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

If you read the post correctly you would have noticed that the op was stating the percentage of New yorkers that beleive it was a 911 job.. from XP and from hearing it from another person... If you go to NY and speak to random people chances are you would hit 70 to 80 percent of New yorkers beleiving it was either let happen of an inside job.... This is true

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I'd venture to say that 90+% of qualified educated scientists who've analyzed the facts surrounding the attacks and events of 9/11 dismiss conspiracy theories.

You would? Then why have all the physicists, architects, engineers and professional pilots who've seriously examined 9/11 created websites outlining their beliefs that it was an inside job?

Where are all these "qualified educated scientists" who are standing up for the government''s version of 9/11?

Here? www.physics911.net...

Here? www.ae911truth.org...

Here? pilotsfor911truth.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
My wife and I both think that 9/11 involved our government to a certain extent, however my wife chooses not to talk about it but I do. She as I know there is never going to be a reconing. There never is for these people, so to talk about it just serves to make one angry or depressed, but in the end what exactly can we do?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
reply to post by gormly

If you read the post correctly you would have noticed that the op was stating the percentage of New yorkers that beleive it was a 911 job.. from XP and from hearing it from another person... If you go to NY and speak to random people chances are you would hit 70 to 80 percent of New yorkers beleiving it was either let happen of an inside job.... This is true

That is not what I was talking about..

the title is incorrect..

Do you think it is OK I I post a topic that states 80% of people think ATS is run by Bush Supporters and then in the thread say "80% of my friends"?

If the title was "80% of New Yorkers that I and some other people have talked to" then I wouldn't say boo...

If you read my post correctly.. you'd see that.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by gormly]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
90% of every thing inside you screams out "Staged" yet we let it slide and do nothing?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
100% people can make up statistics to support their fringe ideologies.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
BLuJay33, here's my clue for that problem you're referring to:

in 1969 and 2005, hundreds of thousands of Americans came right in front of the White House in D.C. to protest against illegal and devastating wars waged for the purpose of US imperialism (in Vietnam and Iraq, as everybody knows it). In both cases the same thing happened: they protested, shouted slogans and stayed in front of the world's most powerful house without doing anything more than making noise, showing themselves and listening to speeches from anti-war "rock stars" telling them how this whole war is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Now the problem with this was not the motivations behind the demonstration (these were all correct, as far as I know), but the fact that, for a few hours, these hundreds of thousands of protesters had right in front of their nose the opportunity to take political power within a single grasp, i.e. to force their way inside Congress and the White House, as one huge critical mass, and paralyze the whole political machine of the USA. by occupying these spaces of high power. From this point, they would have radically created a new political ground from where government executives would have had no other choice than to settle the issue by negotiating with protesters, most probably with the leading activists of the anti-war movement. Because the use of riot police or National Guards to disperse crowd would have had the potential to end in a gigantic bloodbath, so they would have most probably retained themselves from taking such course of action.

So what this whole story has to do with 9-11? Simply, in the "9-11 Thruth" movement you've got this very same approach of not going any further than education and peaceful protest as a way to answer to all this horrible reality. There isn't a massive number of people realizing these two very important ideas:

- that these two wars and 9-11 are major events in a deeper SOCIAL WAR (or a class war) that's been ongoing for a very long time. 9-11 was really a terrorist attack, but this was a State terror attack, aimed at created "shock and awe" in mass consciousness and justifying years of military buildup, major invasions into Middle-East, a tightening of security measures to a point of becoming "1984"-like nightmare , and preparing ground to a total takeover of what's left of Western world by a neo-fascist, supranational totalitarian regime (while there are many good reasons to believe such kind of regime is already there).

- that although education is a key approach into mobilizing the consciousness of the people beyond the lies they've been told by the ruling class, we can only answer to systematic war against us by a systematic war against all these war profiteers! Forget about peaceful protests and symbolic actions... history as already shown that it's simply going NOWHERE. Years of protests, education, Loose Change and Michael Moore movies have brought us back into the very same reality where we've been before: nothing much has changed, perhaps nothing at all, and the "elite" is just determined as ever to go forward with their plot to deprive us of our resources, money and freedoms. What you folks need is a concrete, military-like organizing, aimed at bringing down the system that bankers and big corporate owners have set up against us all decades ago. Their system must be paralysed, in any way you can, in order for this war to stop, and the true perpetrators of the 9-11 attacks to be prosecuted. If not, the same people will forever lie to you and your childrens, and it will be an endless, unsuccessful war of words with not much concrete gains.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that".
_____________________George Carlin.

I'd venture to say that 90+% of qualified educated scientists who've analyzed the facts surrounding the attacks and events of 9/11 dismiss conspiracy theories.

I find it humorous you use a George Carlin quote to illustrate how educated people don't believe in conspiracies theories, when he himself didn't believe the official story of 9/11. I think if you look into you'll find that the one of the reasons he felt the average person is stupid is because they don't question their government, and allow them to get away with being corrupt.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Grambler]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
The evidence is so overwhelming that 9/11 was an inside job, if the American public did their own research instead of relying on the corporate lamestream media, there would be riots in the streets.

I beg to differ.

The general population of the United States is WAY to over-medicated and under-willed to ever do anything about it. The Fluoridation of our water supplies and the increased anti-depressants that many people are on prevent any sort of action from being taken, even give the correct information. We've been conditioned with our way of life to be complacent. Though, free thinkers, we still lack the want and desire to reverse the injustices we see before our very eyes.

For one example:
I only recently (with-in the past two years) learned of the whole Federal Income Tax Scam. The more I talk to people about it, the more I learn that many people already knew of this charade being perpetrated upon the public. Yet, no one "wants the hassle". Most would rather just pay the 30% of their income and forgo the lawsuits. Just as most people would rather bitch and moan about 9/11 or the Iraq War than pick up a pen and write their congressman, president or anyone who will listen.

Also, our society is too dominated by Group Think. The lack of wanting to deduct a logical conclusion. Most would just like to be informed what to believe, rather than search for a conclusion for themselves. What's worse is our fear-minded obsession with the mass' consensus. We fear other people's approval more than eliminating our ignorance. Meaning, when someone does their own research and comes to a conclusion for themselves that 9/11 was an inside job - most people with remain silent for fear that their peers will ridicule and mock their logical reasoning.

EDIT:
In conclusion, it's my opinion that no riots will ever take place over the inaccuracies of the 9/11 investigation.

I think most people greatly underestimate American's complacency.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
80%? These polls should come to my town. I'd guess that 80% still believe the official story. It's almost 8 years later, and everyone I talk to around here try to defend their lie they been fed.

...and 75% of that 80% still think planes were involved.

Yes, I just made up that percentage...

My point being, not very many '9/11 truthers' want to blame the media for half the cover-up. No planes are just as obvious as controlled demolition, or fake cell phone calls...but I guess that's a different subject.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It kills me that regardless of the amount of information shared to masses on any topic...ie 9/11, soring gas prices, everybody talks a good game but does nothing about it.

The question, I guess, should be, what could people do? Overthrow the government? Hang Bush by his nuts in the middle of Time Square and demand him to spill his guts. After all that is said and done, what would we accomplish?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry .. just ranting here.

What really burns my ass is the fact that most people in power today are the same long haired pot smokin hippies that were all about peace and love. This was the generation that was going to make change and do away with the iron fisted rulers of the time.

I hope future generations can clean up the mess we leave for them.

GOOD LUCK!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I know most people in the very least feel that bush knew about it and let it happen. My mom is one of those and most people in her groups think that. She insists that when the second plane struck and GW was told while reading to the kidlets, that the look was a serious oh # look because the terrorists took the job farther then originally thought.

I am one of those people who never solidly make up my mind unless I see finite proof.

I will believe in ghosts when i see one, but I won't discount it either.

But I must admit in all the research I have done and the debates I have read, the proof far lies favor of an inside job.

I often wonder why this episode triggered so many people to wonder unlike other wars.

Just my personal opinion: it was the WMD. They were supposed to be there and were not. I think that there were some planted by us, and someone else, (I am thinking Iran) snuck them out to make GW look the fool.

The reason most people would not say anything is that, you get labeled a conspiracy theorist and no one believes you.

I was telling my husband the other day how we are going into Iran and of course, as we all know, McCain is going to be president, whether we vote for him or not, because he is destined to carry on the war machine.
Then my husband asked me the 64K dollar question, what can we do about it?
nothing.

And for one of the very few times, I couldn't answer him.

just what do we do about it?

We will never get Americans harmonized, or to rally together for a revolution. So what can we do about it?

And I think that is why people talk about 9/11 behind their hands and leave it there, because just like us, they don't know what to do about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
The evidence is so overwhelming that 9/11 was an inside job, if the American public did their own research instead of relying on the corporate lamestream media, there would be riots in the streets.

I beg to differ...

...In conclusion, it's my opinion that no riots will ever take place over the inaccuracies of the 9/11 investigation.

I think most people greatly underestimate American's complacency.

Actually, I think you're right...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
[edit on 9-7-2008 by son of PC]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt

The guy and his administration are a joke.

They are not a joke. They have been VERY effective when you realize the job they were given.

They are here to help fleece us of our wealth and put it in the pockets of the elite that is concentrating on building China and India so they can become so so much more powerful.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

We will never get Americans harmonized, or to rally together for a revolution. So what can we do about it?

It took only 5% of the population to start the American Revolution against England. It will just take a little more time.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How does 80% of people your friend talked to in NY translate into 80% of Americans? The thread title is misleading and I thought that was against ATS policy?

If a friend of mine conducted his own personal poll and found that 99% of the people he talked to was straight. Could I start a post saying the 99% of Americans are straight?

My personal opinion is that if 9/11 was an inside job, we would have known about it. Just too many people having to keep their mouth shut. No Deep Throats, No leaks? That just isn't realistic.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You don't have to be a aerospace or a structural engineer to see that something don't smell right. Its so in your face BS that the main stream media is having a harder time conditioning reality.
Remember perception is reality

[edit on 9-7-2008 by LeeHawt]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is a truly disturbing post. Do you realize that the Democratz you elected are at a SINGLE DIGIT approval rating? How is that for a poll? The same people who told you that they would get people out of Iraq, the same that said they would find out what happened on 9/11.

9/11 was a test of the resolve of our president and our nation. Where is the NWO? Where is Bush keeping the Americans who knew about 9/11? Flight 93 is the only coverup becuase it was shot down. There was no need for it because the world is already screwed up but the American public is too wrapped up in HDTV and Starbucks to actually care what is really going on. We are protected to the best of the governments abilty and anything else is delusional.

There was nothing to gain and nothing has been gained since 9/11 for Bush and Co.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join