It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80% of Americans think 9/11 was an inside job!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So I just had this co-worker of mine come back from NY, we have worked togther for 10 years. We have never talked about 9/11, and he brings it up to me telling me 80% of the the people in New York he talked to, know 9/11 was an inside job. But most aren't willing to do anything about it, I was very shocked. Is there really that many that know the truth and yet nothing is being done. Are people perhaps not as sheeplike as many on the net say, they just are ultra-apathetic, thinking what is done is done and there is nothing we can do about it. This blows me away.

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE for people to take to the streets en masse? No food, no gas, what is the breaking point for the average American?

Please comment.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
According to two year-old polls, half of all NYC residents and over a third of all Americans think 9/11 was an inside job.

80% sounds a little high. Americans aren't that informed, as evidenced by those 20-30% who still support the Bush regime.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Please change your title to better reflect your thread by changing "Americans" to New Yorkers" which results in:

"80% of New Yorkers think 9/11 was an inside job"

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Here is a poll from September 11th 2007:

Question #1. The 9/11 attacks were carried out by the U.S. government.

Strongly agree= 5%
Somewhat agree = 4%

Question #2. The U.S. government knew about the plans for 9/11 but did nothing to stop the attacks.

Strongly agree= 15%
Somewhat agree= 27%

www.zogby.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So according to ThroatYogurt's Zogby poll, 42% of the public thinks the U.S. government knew about the 9/11 attacks in advance, but did nothing to stop them?

Gee, that doesn't sound too incriminating!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Polls do not = evidence.

Here is another one:

When it comes to what they knew prior to September 11th, 2001, about possible terrorist attacks against the United States, do you think members of the Bush Administration are telling the truth, are mostly telling the truth but hiding something, or are they mostly lying?

Telling the truth : 16%

Mostly telling the truth: 53%

Mostly Lying: 28%

Not Sure: 3%

CBS News/Angus Reid poll, 2006

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
One thing your forgeting throat, people aren't as stupid as you may think, wish, or are accustomed to.

Just because people arent screaming in the streets or in these forums does not mean they are not aware of the truth.

Do you know what turn the other cheek means?

It means when someone slaps your face, give them the other cheek to hit aswell.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThroatYogurt

Polls do not = evidence.

The evidence is so overwhelming that 9/11 was an inside job, if the American public did their own research instead of relying on the corporate lamestream media, there would be riots in the streets.

BTW, you forgot this one:

Third of Americans suspect 9-11 government conspiracy

By THOMAS HARGROVE
Scripps Howard News Service
Tue, 08/01/2006

More than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East, according to a new Scripps Howard/Ohio University poll.

The national survey of 1,010 adults also found that anger against the federal government is at record levels, with 54 percent saying they "personally are more angry" at the government than they used to be.

Widespread resentment and alienation toward the national government appears to be fueling a growing acceptance of conspiracy theories about the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Suspicions that the 9/11 attacks were "an inside job" -- the common phrase used by conspiracy theorists on the Internet -- quickly have become nearly as popular as decades-old conspiracy theories that the federal government was responsible for President John F. Kennedy's assassination and that it has covered up proof of space aliens.

www.scrippsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Um..... I was posting relevant information to this thread. And you are here ... why?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Aren't you two tired of the bickering?

Stop it, Please.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Golden...

Did I ever say that Bush was 100% innocent?

I think he covered up his f-ups that showed his incompetence. (why did he NOT testify alone per the 911 commissions request?)

That does not however provide me with any evidence that proves he orchestrated 911 or "allowed" it to happen.

The guy and his administration are a joke.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think 80% is pretty generous to say the least.

What is really sad, after looking at some of the other numbers posted, is why nothing has been done. If 40% are not satisfied, then there should have been another independent investigation. If it is even 40% then maybe 3% are trying to do something about it, which is why there has been no new investigation and why there will not be. Everyone has something to say, but no one will put action behind their words.

To answer an easrlier question about "What will it take..."? I believe no matter what happens the people will not take to the streets, there will be no mass demonstrations. I think people will just go back to their everyday lives no matter what happens, until it is too late. People in this country are totally self absorbed and have little understanding beyond their own worlds. When they will be ready to rise up, is when the FEMA trucks are forcing them into a FEMA camp and by then it is too late.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Golden...

Did I ever say that Bush was 100% innocent?

I think he covered up his f-ups that showed his incompetence. (why did he NOT testify alone per the 911 commissions request?)

That does not however provide me with any evidence that proves he orchestrated 911 or "allowed" it to happen.

The guy and his administration are a joke.

Now how can you say he covered up his incompetence when the official story claims incompetence? Supposedly 9/11 happened because Intelligence was not shipped around and available to other branches of Intelligence. That is why we now have a Department of Homeland Security. So how can someone cover up incompetence yet claim incompetence? The cover up was much larger than simple "incompetence".

Why did Bush not testify alone or under oath? The answer lies in the 9/11 Commish testimony. If you remember the guy who came into the room and reported "the plane is 20 miles out" "the plane is 10 miles out" then he asked Cheney, "Do the orders still stand?" Ask yourself....what was the order? It was obviously not a shoot down order, or the Pentagon plane would have been shot down. According to the Testimony they were tracking it and had plenty of time. So what was the order? Any answer you come up with shows more than simple incompetence.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Bushs' 'incompetence' had nothing to do with NORADS failures on 9/11.

9/11 was orchestrated by the military. The 'order' quite likely came from Rumsfeld. Cheney was also involved. Bush was simply the village idiot that 'signed off' on the whole deal.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Nonchalant]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So here we are...why are the people afraid??? Well with good reason...for the most part they have just discovered that some elite portion of their government is willing to KILL them for their benefit! That could make a person somewhat nervous to say the least!!

I believe many are patiently waiting for the election and the new administration. They are hoping the nightmare will end when Bush leaves office.

They deperately hope Obama will offer a new direction and bring balance back to our country. I personally am reserving judgement. I don't think Obama will survive if his "vision" is radically different from the powers that be...sad but true. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I find these threads kind of bizzare. 9/11=inside job believers are such a small niche I cannot imagine why anyone could believe that as many as 240,000,000 Americans buy into their "special brand" of a faith-based belief system.

Look there is popular --and then there is POPULAR!

9/11 truth activism is on the same popularity level as Barney the purple dinosaur. (Actutally not quite as popular, and seeing as most kids hit "barney phase" at ONLY 3-5 years old-- I doubt those little kids are net-savvy enough to even FIND barney on the intrawebs... So Barney might realistically be a few levels ABOVE 9/11 trutherism)

I know I post these examples often, but I just cannot sit here with good conscious and watch people try to say masses of people agree with them.

I have never even seen a real-live truther... and at this point in the ~ahem~ 'movement' I doubt I ever will.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Taxi-Driver]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

"" But most aren't willing to do anything about it, ""

The Bible says, that people in the end times, would be " willfully ignorant"...

seems like a good fit to me...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Taxi-Driver

Thats pretty creative for a Taxi Driver.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Taxi-Driver

You conveniently ignore the fact that according to a two year-old Scripps-Howard poll, over a third of the nation thinks 9/11 was an inside job.

P.S. I like your skull 'n bones avatar. Almost reminds me of, uhhh, Skull and Bones.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

never mind the point reduction wasnt worth what i was gonna post..

so ill just say

[edit on 15amu12007 by DaleGribble]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join