It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ive known about this for awhile, if it happens youre going to crap your pants. Imagine multicolored tornados going out into space.
I mean like the northern lights but swirling across the ground in multiple places on earth.

Id say over 6 places. Also the eye of it would be miles wide. And the ground it moves over will be getting beat up by radiation straight from the sun with zero protection. Kinda like a microwave.

Imagine trying to run from that. Youre going to think its the end of the world. This does happen and it will happen again. We are just becoming due for one.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiinvision
polar shift...cool...If you happen to be in a spot where the earth's magnetic field decreases, enjoy what it will do to your brain....your brain is, after all, a profound electromagnetic receiver and transmitter!

This is something I've always wondered about, but no one has seemed to explain. If the magnetic pole did begin to shift, wouldn't SOMETHING in your head feel different? If you've ever put fairly powerful magnets to the side of your head you can feel the magnetic force. Wonder what effects a magnetic polar shift would have on the human mind if it didnt wipe us all off the planet.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Great site:

www.geocities.com...

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on ATS within posts, private messages, avatars or signatures without prior written permission from The Above Network, LLC.

The above condition is not enforced by the staff 100% of the time, but when you are posting a link to another internet site members are expected to at least provide some description of the site, what it contains, and what they think of it.

[edit on 28/8/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Even if they do flip which they will as it has happened many times through out history...the Earth will still be here as well as us.We are still here now and it has happened before.I do think it is what is causing the global warming effect to a degree and causing our changes in weather patterns.Not to mention the seismic and volcanic activity.When it flips it signals the dawning of a new cycle of life....ala the Hopi Indians prophecy.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

i guess it would be similar to the frog and boiling water thing, if it happens slowly we may not notice

david

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This has been predicted for awhile now, but I think it is still an interesting subject. From what I have read there are a gadzillion theories out there, and no one has a clue what the effects will be.

It seems highly likely that we woud experience some pretty bizarre, and possibly some very specificly devastating natural phenomenon that impacts some areas of the planet. It also seems like it would have considerable effects on our sensory, at some level, as well as the habits of animals and plants. Considering how many times this has supposedly happened, and how long the event will take, it doesn't seem likely that this will have a broad devastating impact on life on Earth, although some changes may be in store. Who knows what impact this will have on electronics.

But hey, this might lead to a new age of discovery, physchic awareness and all that. Certainly may change our perspectives and our outlook on things.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

i think you need to consider past civilisations and look to see if it does have a major impact

Plato has something to say about pole reversal and here specifically about the global impact

“There is at that time great destruction of animals in general, and only a small part of the human race survives.”

david

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

this may be in store for those that are left

source

regarding the Russian Space Programme

They discovered that when a cosmonaut was put into space —
where there is little or no magnetic field for more than two
weeks, he or she literally goes incurably crazy. It seems that this
magnetic field somehow is necessary to keep our minds in balance (to
keep this from happening, the Russian cosmonauts were given special
devices to wear around their bodies that approximated the Earth's
magnetic field; America followed suit)

not sure how much magnetic field would be around after a reversal??

david

[edit on 6-9-2008 by drevill]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Some guy has this hypothesis that the loss of the magnetic field will cause massive levels of heating of the mantle. This mantle is not liquid but it in a semi-liquid state (kind of like glass.) In effect, the massive viscosity of the mantle is what helps hold the continents mostly in place.

Well the thinking goes that once all that radiation from the sun starts pouring in (at first it will be mostly at the poles because they are the weakest part of the magnetic field) it will heat up the mantle to such a degree that it become more liquid than solid. Like very hot glass the mantle will start to flow.

The continents, now freed from their moorings, should be able to move and grind much easier. This in turn creates a massive number of earthquakes and new volcanoes.

To top it all off, increased heat inside the earth means that convection will increase and that may further aide the moving of the crustal plates. The end point of the hypothesis is that the continents may make very dramatic movements (hundreds or thousands of miles in a few hundred years) and completely alter the earths climate and weather.

If it happens, one thing is certain: Your shiny new in-car navigation system will give some very humorous directions.

TomTom voice: "Turn left. Turn left now for the Pacific Coast Highway..."
You: "...but we are in Britain you stupid bloody thing!"

Jon

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Reminds me of that stupid movie the core.I figured a pole change would take thousands of years.

If I remember correctly the core stopped swirlling in that movie. The cause was a piece of usa military equipment that caused earthquakes thousands of feet underground. They tested it and it stopped the rotation of the core.

A machine used to create earthquakes? Where does that sound so familiar at?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
reply to post by Xilvius

i guess it would be similar to the frog and boiling water thing, if it happens slowly we may not notice

david

Well I have some very amazing information regarding this subject. For the past two months some really crazy things have been happening around here. Such things as me thinking about my friend and he calls seconds later. This happens ALL the time. At first I thought it was just coincidential. Until my cousin came over last night and we were in the living room with a few other people. I forget how the conversation came up, but she had said how the same thing had been happening to her more and more for the past 2 months. I look around more and more and see this kind of thing happening all over the place around where i live. There's also been a notice in the DECREASE of crime for my area. Maybe some great things are in store for us.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

When it comes to the Earths magnetic field changing, they do have pretty solid geographical evidence going back millions of years.

When molten rock is ejected from the core, via volcanoes and such, the cooling lava will set and align itself within the current magnetic field.

When the field changes, as it has done many times before, these rocks are no longer aligned, but a record of the previous field is locked in the rock itself for hairless monkeys to ponder over millenia later.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

decrease in crime? could you throw some our way? seems mindless crime is increasing over in the uk

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
reply to post by Xilvius

decrease in crime? could you throw some our way? seems mindless crime is increasing over in the uk

seriously..if anything i see more random violent crime then ever..and I've been a street paramedic for 15 years

i used to like going to different bars/pubs for a beer and maybe meeting new people, now i just stay home. you have to wear a bullet prof vest and there's no tell'n who you'll randomly tick off and they'll be waiting to bash your head in at the end of the night.

people seem to be filled with so much hate and anger these days, its sad

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join