It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear Members of Congress Saying 'If We Could Only Nuke Iran': Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I hear Members of Congress Saying 'If We Could Only Nuke Iran': Ron Paul

www.infowars.com

Congressman Ron Paul has warned millions of radio listeners that the US is heading into a deadly confrontation with Iran, revealing his disbelief at members of Congress who have openly voiced support for a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the country.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-7-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
People, we all need to start writing in and phoning our constituents ASAP...This is beyond ridiculous and catastrophic. These maniacs are all frothing at the mouth to get us into WWIII, just so they can line their already bursting pockets with more war-profiteering.

And this is no longer the Bush administration by itself. Congress is flipping us all the bird, and their actions could be absolutely devastating to an already troubled nation and world. We have got to reign these out-of-control greed-mongers in very quickly, or the consequences will be grave for us all I fear...

This interview is a must-listen-to IMO...

Paul believes from talking with his contacts in and around Congress that a strike on Iran has already been green lighted.

It is still totally bewildering to me when I see men and women in the Congress that I know and like doing this just to get along. Most of them will say “I agree with you on all you say but the Iranians are bad people and they might attack us some day… I hear members of Congress saying ‘if we could only nuke them’.”

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am beginning to fear that this war with Iran is fast becoming inevitable.

We're in for a world of trouble, especially when the people who get to make the laws get to profit from them too.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It is inevitable and there is nothing the people are going to do about it. The propaganda machine has worked on the 99% population so this will go through and we informed ones will have to sit back and sigh in disgust. Im telling you man ignorance really is bliss. I sometimes want to give up all my knowledge just so I can be a sheeple like the rest of these people.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Should it be proved, some time in the future, that this plan was underway, prior to 'identification' of Iran as our supposed 'enemy', we will THEN act as a people and recognize that the Administration, Legislation, and Judicial branches of our government have acted in criminal collusion and indeed, conspiracy, to exercise military power in the name of the American people without a mandate from the people?

At some point in the near future, will we recognize the 'influence' of the Israeli government in overthrowing the will of the Americans to further their own agenda? Will we accept as simple allegiance this utter abandon of reason? How many will rise to the defense of the 'War on Iran' decrying those who disagree as 'traitors'.

Where does the reach of the Neocon ideological vision of 'Super Good Guys' reach it's limit?

When will 'no confidence' and 'censure' be discussed as a necessary measure? Will we have to establish a grass-roots movement to re-seat congress? Or should we expect those protections against tyranny to vanish just like habeas corpus?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is a very disturbing article. A US war with Iran will be a disaster which will be felt worldwide. If this leads to nuclear exchange then life as we all know it might end.

War is not a game, especially not when the outcome can have such devastating consequenses.

I sincerely hope that the people in control realise this...

[edit on 5/7/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maxmars... what makes you believe this? I'm 56. I've seen alot in my lifetime. But I have never seen anything remotely like what has happened during the Bush administration. It has all been wildly unbelievable. Yet nothing, nothing has been done. I don't see any movements or protests. No Congressional action or censure. Everyone has grown submissive and apathetic. No one cares and few have a clue as to the consequences of all this.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
First off DD is correct please contact your representatives and tell them to oppose this.

This is NOT inevitable. The more than a year long information campaign waged by Bush and his cronies leads us to believe that this is inevitable when it is in fact NOT. Stand up people. It is gong to take more than posting on ATS as well.

Also, I have begun to seriously doubt the likelihood that the USA will strike Iran. Israel will. We will dump dollars into it, we will likely have covert troops help out, they are already there.

This is a game. Now I do not claim to KNOW anything, but I can say that I think this is a sham.

Regardless remember to contact your representatives. Talk to your friends and family.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Within DAYS of invading Iraq (I was against from the beginning), I told my wife and brother in law that I would be convinced that WW3 was upon us the moment we attacked Iran.

They both looked at me like I was retarded.....but I can read a MAP!

Years later, it seems inevitable that I will go from a profit to historian.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
First off DD is correct please contact your representatives and tell them to oppose this.

This is NOT inevitable. The more than a year long information campaign waged by Bush and his cronies leads us to believe that this is inevitable when it is in fact NOT. Stand up people. It is gong to take more than posting on ATS as well.

Ive contacted my Rep at least 20x in the past 3 months you know how many responses I have gotten? Not a one. They dont care and they dont want to have an intelligent debate with the people so they just dont respond. If Israel wants to strike more power to them. It is them who have the issues with Iran anyways. We need to stay out of it though let them fight it out.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When are people going to realize that the executive, legislative and judicial systems in this country have been bought by corporate and banking interests? When are people going to realize that Democrats and Republicans are the SAME THING?!

I dare one person to give me one example of a major change that has occurred since the inception of the Federal Reserve that clearly can be identified as a true difference between Democrats and Republicans that truly benefited this country.

Or if you prefer more modern times, give me one example of where Democrats have done ANYTHING against the supposed agenda of this administration.

You can't. They're the same. They bicker on national television for your slumbering benefits, and that is the extent of it. They want the same thing because they are bought by the same people.

Ron Paul has absolutely no reason to lie. He gets nothing out of lying. And to this point, I have not seem him lie about a single thing. So I have no doubt that "our representatives" in Congress are foaming at the mouth at the thought of a war with Iran.

Its really sickening. People need to realize they don't care about us or what we want. Wake the hell up and stop living in this fairy tale world where your superiors want the best for you. They see the population as one entity, and that entity is expendable. They don't see us as my family, or your families, or our friends - they see us as a tool to be used and expended to accomplish what they want to accomplish.

[edit on 7/5/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Maxmars... what makes you believe this? I'm 56. I've seen alot in my lifetime. But I have never seen anything remotely like what has happened during the Bush administration. It has all been wildly unbelievable. Yet nothing, nothing has been done. I don't see any movements or protests. No Congressional action or censure. Everyone has grown submissive and apathetic. No one cares and few have a clue as to the consequences of all this.

I can't argue with this. I know it seems to be without precedent that the Governing body of our land has operated in this 'mindset' - but I think it HAS happened before, we just lacked the tools to spread the word. Frankly, I think we may still be without the adequate tools to spread the word. I can't say that anything we do can alter the path they have set us upon.

Part of me wants to believe that this is another political ploy to invite people to argue about things they have no control over. More fodder for the political show. Unfortunately the position of a body like the Israeli government seems to have tremendous control over the actions of our government.

All I can ask is that people go out on a limb, and start talking about this with everyone they know. We can only hope America will react together to keep this war from happening. This conflict isn't about us.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The substantial problem here is that USAmericans have become a people of "the lie" -- that is what they believe about themselves is often simply a lie that has been told so often they believe it.

The clearest example of a lie told so often that the USAmericans believe it, is the use of the atom bombs in Japan in World War II. USAmericans have bought the lie that so many more people would have died so it was justified in using the atom bombs.

USAmericans never look at the fact that the atom bomb is first an indiscriminate weapon of mass destruction that slaughters the innocent as well as the soldier. USAmericans never face up to the fact that they murdered innocent children through the use of this weaponry. That alone should be enough to cause the entirety of the USA to bow their heads in shame. But it isn't. They believe the lie they have been told and have taken to telling each other.

Then there are parts of the truth they refuse to tell such as the USAmerican decision to drop the atom bomb on the Mother of God Roman Catholic Cathedral in Nagasaki as there target. Do USAmericans even realise that this atom bomb was targeted on a church?

So having believed these lies they never get to the deeper questions. The atom/nuclear bombs rip apart the fabric of the created order of things all around us. This makes them the most evil of devices which can only be employed by the most evil of people.

Because the truth is not looked at and because lies about the use of this weaponry have tainted the soul of the USA, it is no great surprise that USAmerican politicians would be endorsing the use of nuclear weapons. Perhaps they are simply idiots who don't know what they are doing. But I think not. Those who plot to use these weapons and those who use these weapons are the most evil of all humanity and as such should be removed from all positions of public trust.

[edit on 5/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have accepted the fact,that this will more than likely happen.
I use to believe that the masses could possibly change the outcome,but then I woke up.
You can stand with signs in protest,call your representatives,write them a letter or even go to the tallest moutain and scream.
Guess what,none of this will make a diffference.
Were dealing with a corupt government,infected by self serving cowards in empty suits.
We have a hijacked,broken goverment.
They are no longer listening to what the people have to say.
Best thing to do,is grab some popcorn,sit back and watch it all unfold.
Just worry about keeping your family and friends safe,cause in the end,thats all that really matters.
And its all you can really do.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I have to object to the idea that the A-bomb was the first such weapon. In fact, I have to insist that the idea of targeting the civilian population of your enemy to eliminate their will to support a war is a tried and true strategy embarked upon by the US since our own Civil War.

This 'strategy' doesn't in and of itself imbue the American people with a pall of evil over their collective souls. It is not for the purpose of carrying out a war that this action was taken, the purpose was to end it. The lie I see is the fact that we started that war. We made it impossible to avoid through economic policy and diplomatic maneuver, we encouraged those who executed the attack on Pearl Harbor. Then the government feigned surprise and sent us into another bloodbath.

The people cannot be said to have responded inappropriately since they were purposefully misled. The incarceration of thousand of American citizens simply because of their ethnicity - THAT was evil!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Dime the problem is the US has painted itself into a corner, the planners know that Iran is not Iraq and wont be a pushover and unless it takes Iran out with nukes it will be fighting an endless war and one in which it will loose. So i think we know whats going to happen at least initally but the big question is if Israel and the US do nuke Iran what will be the World response.

Americans may be dumb as corn bread (no disrepect) but the rest of the world is not and such an action will certainly push people into choosing sides and no one is going to back the loosers. This will be a war that will break the back of America, its all going to plan is it not. The country is being hung out to dry, squeezed of all its wealth and the parasite moves on to the next victim.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What is happening and will happen are explained very clearly in the Bible. Daniel chapter 8. First, the gentile nation takes down Media (Iraq), then Persia (Iran). After which the gentile nation loses its power or is broken up.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Funny. I have contacted my representatives as many times as you have or more and I never EXPECTED them to contact me back. I live in New Mexico where there is a relatively small population but still I can imagine my representatives are too busy to worry about calling me back to make sure "I am happy with their work". Please.

My suggestion to you would be to join your local "party of choice' and attending the meeting where the representatives have TRADITIONALLY met with citizens. I am tired of the lines about how unaccessible our representatives are when people make such small efforts to 'be involved'.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

I will have to say that even when I am not religious follower, I have to give credit to many seers of the bible, many of them were men of visions.

Yes is been predicted and perhaps it will come to pass.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sorry I posted a U2U, and I shouldn't have done that. Bad Pelle.

[edit on 5/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join