It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Space Pictures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I ran across these pictures from the last Endeavour mission. They are possibly the best pictures I have ever seen taken from a mission. Great resolution and absolutely awe inspiring.

www.texasjim.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
amazingly beautiful. Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Nice, very nice.

Just goes to show how beautiful and peaceful our planet looks from afar.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Fantastic, thank you so much.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What I'd give to see that firsthand.

I hope those astronauts know just how lucky they are.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow, I want their camera.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thanks Jeff, I can never seem to view enough of these pics.

If anyone knows of any recent high res pics of the entire space station could you post a link? The one currently on my desktop is a bit dated.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That second picture to me looks amazing....

Space does not seem that far away it looks as though an astronaut could almost see his home if he was passing over at the right time

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
Wow, I want their camera.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
Me too! I was thinking the same thing. So clear.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
yeah I had to post that second pic as my background. Thanks for checking this out!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Everything looks so clean.

Great pics!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Those are stunning, Jeff.

Thanks for sharing those. Such awesome clarity.

Rush

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Those are AMAZING. In fact I actually experienced a bit of vertigo when looking a them.....I have a serious fear of heights.

Thanks so much for sharing them...I have saved them all!

S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Awesome photos thanks for sharing....

Now just what are those silver things on the horizon, right on the edge of the planet, where it gets really blue? Satellites? You knowwww I had to look for anything juicy

I just went back and counted it's photo number 10....and there's something in photo 9 as well....but there's a better pic of them in photo 10, anyone else?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
as everybody else has stated, BEAUTIFUL pics! thanks for the post

as a child i was absolutely sure that i was going to be an astronaut one day...these pictures bring all of those old childhood feelings back. literally "out of this world"!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
These pictures are so beautiful it seems as if they are fake. I am not indicating anything just pointing out their flawlessness.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Awesome pictures! Absolutely amazing! I too wonder if those astronauts realize how lucky they are...

The second picture though I really liked. Sometimes when people post pictures here of the moon or mars showing some kind of anomaly, I wonder if the "anomaly" is just a natural feature of the surface being subjected to hopeful imaginations.

So then I zoomed in to picture number 2 above, and I noticed "very similiar" anomalies within that picture...
In this picture, beside the red line, there appears to be what looks like a road or "pipeline", that crosses a river (could there be a bridge?).

Anyway, if you look closely, you can find all kinds of "anomalies" that look just like other "anomalies" in the moon and mars conspiracy threads here...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IronDogg

IronDog, That river area is where I go 4 wheeling...thast is a great pic of the south island of New Zealand...and thats the Waimakarirri or the Waimak...great place!

edit to add ...its just north of Christchurch

[edit on 25-6-2008 by deadbang]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Awesome photos thanks for sharing....

Now just what are those silver things on the horizon, right on the edge of the planet, where it gets really blue? Satellites? You knowwww I had to look for anything juicy

I just went back and counted it's photo number 10....and there's something in photo 9 as well....but there's a better pic of them in photo 10, anyone else?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by LateApexer313]
yes, I saw them too, but I wasn't going to mention it. Too small to tell..

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IronDogg

Brilliant photo's and a good find

Pic 2 was taken whilst the ISS was over New Zealand, you can see the North and South Islands.

..................................................................................................

Late Apexer,
The anomoly in pic 9 was discussed in another thread some time back, I think the general consensus was that it was 'lens flare'

I will see if I can find the thread!
H

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join