It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kristol: Bush Might Bomb Iran If He 'Thinks Senator Obama's Going To Win'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Kristol: Bush Might Bomb Iran If He 'Thinks Senator Obama's Going To Win'

thinkprogress.org

On Fox News Sunday this morning, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol said that President Bush is more likely to attack Iran if he believes Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) is going to be elected.

However, “if the president thought John McCain was going to be the next president, he would think it more appropriate to let the next president make that decision than do it on his way out,” Kristol said, reinforcing the fact that McCain is offering a third Bush term on Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The suggestion was that if bush minor thought that a president Obama would not carry out his policies then he would order an attack but if it looks like McCain is going to win he will let him take care of it.

Bullhooey!!! If it looks like Obama is going to win Kristol is suggesting that bush minor could throw the election to McCain by ordering military action against Iran.

That's what that means.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The whole notion makes me so mad I could spit... to suggest that bush minor meddle in the election like that.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is an opinion only. Not a fact it should not even be under breaking news. This is only an opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Perhaps it is only an opinion but given the power the neo-cons have in this administration and Washington D.C. in general, it still merits reporting that they are tossing this idea around.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Normally I would agree Shar, but this opinion is from Mr. PNAC himself. Back in 1998, it was this neocon group that wrote a letter to Bill Clinton urging him to invade Iraq and soon after, they got their wish.

edit to add: I just noticed that PNAC's website is gone. It shows "account suspended", so links are from Wikipedia.

[edit on 6/23/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
[edit on 23-6-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It seems the mods are falling down on their job to remove duplicate threads.

I posted this thread at 5:15 pm... that other was after 10.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

You are right, my apologies, I'll direct everyone here....

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thanks but it won't happen the right wingers and conservatives on here boycott my threads.

I know one of them told me so once.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

You are kidding, right. I had not idea that ATS was that bias.

Anyway I always have supported your threads, you know me an anarchist to the death.

Anyway, Bush have plenty of time to do some more damage before he is gone, see he and his wealthy buddies can always retire in the middle east at invitation of the Saud house anytime they want or when they finally finish stealing this nation blind.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yeah semperfortis mentioned that once... I have always been grateful of your support and always try to return the favor.

That's what I am afraid of my dear... now that they are on their way out... they don't feel obliged to even pretend to care.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

You are right, but this is happening for the last 4 years as a slap on the faces of he American people withthe laws that has been pass, you can tell that they think themselves as kings.

Untouchable and above the law, no to tell the Constitution itself.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I know... the bahavior of the bushies is obscene and the fact that there are still people who support them, average people, the ones getting screwed is amazing to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Charlie Black McCain adviser just said that a terrorist attack would help McCain in the election.He just issued an "I'm sorry.... I don't remember saying that but if I did..I'm sorry" kind of a statement.The McCain camp issued a statement to the effect that McCain doesn't feel that way.You can see the mind set of the GOP when it comes to "lets play the fear card" mentality.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

I am surprised that McCain has not used the twin towers as his background during his campaign, unless I have missed them.

And you are right another terrorist attack will play nicely on McCain favor.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Actually I think you might be wrong on this one Marg... the bush administration has played the terror card so many times now that they have lost all credibilty and if McCain tries it, it may very well blow up in his face.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I know but hey it doesn't hurt to try, at least for those that are still faithfull, you know.

We have to understand that the money train in Iraq for the Cheney and bushes buddies will pretty much be in jeopardy if Obama wins.

I can not stop to think how this will play for the greedy and dirty politicians and their interest groups that are up to their necks in the money give away in Iraq no bid contracts.

How desperate this people will be, we can create conspiracies about it, but we have not idea how far they could go.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
President Obama= Assassinated President

Sorry, the GOP won't allow it. Grand Oil Party needs another puppet for Exxon and Halliburton.

Hundreds of billions of profit can't be lost just because the American People thought someone besides a Grand Oil Party member should be in charge.

Exxon Mobile has made more in 7 years under Bush then they did al together ever. They have been given more of our tax payer dollars in 7 years than ever before. More tax cuts after recording record profits.

Do you really think they will throw that out just because we wanted Obama in office?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just yesterday on MSNBC I saw Tom Delay talking about the missle test that Iran shot off yesterday. He thinks that we should attack them in the next 3 months. What is three months from now? OCTOBER

There's the republican party's October suprise, a war with Iran. If we go to war to help the republicans in November I swear to GOD I'm going to SNAP!!!!

Delay came right out and said that if Bush thinks Obama is going to win, he'll attack Iran.
grrrrrrr

top topics

<<   2 >>

join