It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Economic Crash Late July!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
At the very least, LEARN TO GROW YOUR OWN FOODS in a sustainable manner. I have been involved in this for some time and it doesn't take much land to produce a tremendous amount of food for your family (hence my blog site). In the near future, other things that you need can be bartered for - if you can produce the basic goods!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Optix

There is no such thing as "make believe" money.

If you have something and can get a service in return.. you have money.

Paper, rocks, digital numbers.. doesnt matter.. value is what is percieved it to be..

The only reason I would accept Gold.. is because I can sell it and get dollars for it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

What Ive been fearing is related to your post somewhat. This economic downturn, the price of oil, it could all be intentional by those in power to justify creating the North American Union. The Amero would seem much more appealing to the masses than the dollar, especially as the dollar continues to become devalued. There does seem to be a plan for the North American Union, and perhaps this oil situation and inflation is being purposefully created in order to convince Americans that forming the North American Union is our way out. If americans see an ever-worsening economic situation, they would be more convinced by those in power that the North American Union is economically justified.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There are many books that have been written on this subject over the last 5 years or so. My favorite one is by Paul Krugman and is called The Great Unravelling: Losing our way in the new Century. I'm no economist, but as a small business owner, I've been hit hard by the instiblity of the economy and see bad things on the horizon. Corporate greed and speculation of commodities have alot to do with our current predicament.

How do we fix it? I know alot of you don't want to hear this, but regulation of the commodities market will keep oil and food prices down. Right now, the SEC is not doing its job. They are supposed to be there to keep speculation in check. If we put a cap on CEO's salaries, that will also bring some prices down. I'm all for capitalism, but what we have here is capatilism gone wrong. What brought down the Roman Empire? Greed and overextending its reach. What brought down the Soviet Union? Overextending its reach. What is bringing the USA down? Greed and overextending its military. It happens every time a nation reaches for more than it can effectively control.

I posted on the coming depression about six moths or so back (might have been longer)
The Coming Depression has Begun

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have heard a lot of people over the years say this was all made up for whatever reason. What is scary now is all the new ghost towns being built. I can drive around here and there are several housing additions that stopped midway. The houses our town homes there might have one that is occupied. The rest are empty. Developments that came to a standstill when the housing market crashed last August. It is almost as scary to see as a natural disaster. If you put them all together you would probably have a good 200 acres of ghost town here in my city alone. The lawns in those areas are overgrown and taken over by weeds. Some of the areas stopped after getting the meaters in. So you have acres of dirt with these gass and electric meaters sticking out of the ground. MAYBE one house that is occupied. I think I am going to go around this weekend and take some pics to post on here. You drive 10 min, and you will find 3 mansions that have burnt to the ground. It is scarey.

Hard working honest people can still make ends meet though. The people who need services are making sure they spend what they have on someone they can trust. I feel sorry for those on disability and the elderly who are trying to live on social security. Life is going to be hardest on them.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ya know, this time last year I would have never thought that this would affect Me or mine. I was wrong. My family and I live in a nice little town. We have a nice little home with all of the xtras a family might want. My husband & I have always felt very secure with His place of employment. He's been employed there for almost 13 yrs, got His time in, 5 wks of vacation, great medical benefits etc. Until last year anyway. Not only did the company cut an entire shift, they dropped most of the med. ins and are laying off close to 700 more workers. They're not even placing employees by seniority but by job classification which means a lot of people will be jobless regardless of time spent. This may sound like just another company going under but this company is/was one of the largest in America. An icon with over 100 yrs of production and as American as baseball and apple pie. No one is immune. We're not exactly sure of Our next step. What I am sure of is that something very huge is going down, something that will affect each and every one of Us.

Peace. K*

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pjsconcrete

Now its my turn. I agree with you on most of what you say as well. None of that, however is going to happen unless we do something to get corporate dollars out of the electoral system quick.

Deregulating the media (Clinton) has made it harder than ever for politicians who are not hand selected by the corporate interests to attain office.

At this point in time, it is impossible to elect a candidate who would do any of those things. You simply cant get the airtime to make enough voters aware of them.

We have lost a LOT of control over our government in the last few decades. I wonder if it isnt already too late. I have a strong feeling that if we do not somehow block the takeover of the internet by the Corps we are doomed as a democracy for certain.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I have one of those developments right down the road from me! ..

Several hundred acres of development.. and there is maybe a total of 10 houses, all spread out. The roads wind through nothingness.. construction material spread all over the place, lightpoles and fire hydrants sitting in the middle of the over grown grass.

Then you go down the road the other way, the same company has ANOTHER huge development for high end homes and then across the street yet ANOTHER huge development for middle income homes..

Both large lots together have maybe, maybe 10 houses.. maybe..

We where looking at condominiums a few months ago before decideing to flee the state, (moving to oregon from ohio) we would drive into a newly built condo community and 90% had for sale signs... and they where sitll building new ones!

The only good news I can find is the house prices keep dropping where we are looking. Now the houses we are choosing between are well within our price range for such a young couple.

It will pick back up though, eventually.

It is kinda creepy though, huh?

demetre:

I have talked to several small business owners going under, and several workers from big corporations who lost their benefits (I help people get insurance)

A friend of mine worked at Lexis Nexis... get this..

Lexis Nexis here in my home town invited a few hundred to a nice dinner.. gave them a nice talk, a nice dinner, open bar, liquored them up. She said it was a really nice affair. Then the police showed up out side. And the company told the entire audience... Your Fired.

From what she said, the police where needed.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Here are some pictures that i think summarize what you are talking about

I had a really hard time finding these pics and any related articles about this. I know this problem does exist but there is very little material on this subject. They are trying real hard to keep this from being public. By all means take these pics.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Your pictures don't work..

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hmmm. I've got a question. If the value of your home drops drastically, say way less than what you owe - isn't that a great time to re-finance?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I dunno if anyone posted this yet, but section 11051 of NSPD51 (US Martial Law) is quoted: "Authorize the Office of Emergency Planning to put the above orders into effect in times of increased international tension or financial crisis."

Could it be that this entire recession was part of a bigger cleverly orchestrated plot to bring the American people into Martial Law? I'd expect ATS to bring out a thread on that one.

It's pretty digusting what the government has done before in order to influence the people for a hidden agenda.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
While it is obvious that something is trying to collapse the American system. Why does everyone on this thread insist that they will be successful? Has anyone ever toyed with the idea that the bad guys are failing and that this latest effort will ultimately fizzle out just as so many of their other plots?

Of course not. Not one of you would ever considered such a notion. In your eyes these are Super villains and all these people are just sheep. Isn't it such a sad state of affairs when you need never ending drama to feel whole.

What's really is the difference between a conspiracy theorist without a conspiracy, or competent conspirators, and a defense contractor without a war or terrorism expert without terrorists.

I am sorry to break it to you, but even though someone is trying to collapse the world's economies they will fail. They are not all that good at taking over the world. Sorry to break it to you.

Don't take your money out of the banks, unless you need to buy something. Plant your own food because it is a fun hobby. Go on a camping trip to get your minds straight.

My estimation of this whole affair is that the United States and many other countries are about to realize a major strategic victory. And everything is about to be just fantastic.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
reply to post by zerotime

I really think you should look around you and take a good look at what's going on before it hits you in your face This is not a personal attack i'm just trying to point out that the Sh** it going to hit the fan very soon and you need to see the train coming down the track

I can give you the reasoning behind why I think the economies are going to turn for the better over the next couple years. I work with a company that is a major supplier of refractory products. If you don't know what refractory products are google them - but it is a core of the steel industry. My company has been in business for about 50 years and they have studied and marked the signs of bull and bear economies. Right now, when everyone is crying about the economy my company has just done their 4 straight record profit month. I have been so busy that I have barely had time to read or post in that time. My employee owned company has about 450 employees and we are doing 140 million/year in sales. We deal with over 11,000 other companies (our customers) worldwide. Of those companies less than 5% hard having problems and the rest are booming - and I mean BOOMING. This is an excellent indicator that the markets are turning upward. This recent push is a huge increase in production and sales over the last 4-year period. People who have been in this company since its creation have never seen anything like this before. If these indicators are correct the next 2 to 5 years are going to be very positive for thousands of companies which are the backbones of their nations economies.

On a side note and not surprisingly my company is also looking to get into the oil game. The profits are ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

I would like to call out the OP on this post. Rick Flair says " to be the man you have to beat the man". I see all those stars and flags on you post and I don't see any on mine.
In other words, I don't think much of you predictive skills, but I don't want to make this personal. I will tell you exactly what will happen in July. I hope some of you characters who can read can also remember.
Here goes. 1. the US stock market will test the 11,500 level and will seem to hold, and
2. the minimum wage will go up
That's about it. OK people, try to remember who the absolute numero uno predictor of the site is and will forever be. Take care------------------PC

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This all reminds me of a documentary i once saw on cable... when Eisenhower left his presidency... he warned the public too keep an eye on the military and corporations, and to NOT let them take control...as dire things would follow. Its around, im sure its on youtube.
But, he also said, war seeemd to be the money maker, a way to stabilize our economy becuase it creates jobs, and production. War seems to stimulate our economy, and lets the military test its new 'toys', at same time. All this talk with us and Isreal going to war with Iran, makes me think the real reason why we are still in Iraq, and soon Iran...economic stimulation.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Does anyone think this may have anything to do with Bush being in control for two terms, or was he just a puppet? This is horrible news and I have been warning my wife about this for about a year, telling her that we havn't had a ton of money but have been ok, yet it will probably get really bad at some point due to the signs of another depression. There are lots of smart people on ATS, perhaps someone could start a thread on how to specifically deal with what is coming in relation to this news. I understand that there are threads that relate to general ways to prepare or survive, but havn't noticed one that directly relates to this and what one can do. I can only hope that I get some luck going my way. Good luck to you all.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by MoonCabbage23]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Then again... Obama may save us all? He seems to have all the answers and according to MSM he is right 100% of the time..

Does anyone see a conspiracy in that? Obama, the first Black president will be handed the worst economic disaster off all time? He has no real experience so why him over Hillary? Change Agent? I think not...

Do you think they are setting up Black America to take the fall here? Is that why he may become the next president so that no other blacks follow in his footsteps? It will be so bad that anytime any black person runs for office the opposition can say "look what happened last time."

Remember, people are stupid. They thrive on the trivial in politics and refuse to look at the deeper issues involved in history or the present day....

White American is blamed for the current state of affairs... In an economic disaster people aren't going to care about the Bush years. They will blame Obama and black America for the current situation. It is starting to look like a setup to me. If I were black America I would start to wonder about the future and what's in store if this does turn ugly and Obama is in the white house...

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer

Originally posted by BlasteR
My neighbor across the street has already filled his entire front yard with cut logs ready to go. People are preparing for this, there is no doubt.
[edit on 19-6-2008 by BlasteR]

Its funny to see this, I have been noticing the same thing in Maine too, a lot more stacked cords of wood, many more front yards being turned to gardens. More gardens in general popping up here and there.

I believe that (while it may not be overt) people are sensing and preparing.

I thought I would post a couple pictures of what I was talking about in my post. It's clear that some people are more prepared than others.. It's especially important here in interior Alaska where fuel-oil is projected to be upwards of 10 dollars a gallon this winter. I like this guy's idea. He lives across the street.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

How about this for an Obama conspiracy. The same people that are supporting Obama are behind the vicious assault upon American economy. Specifically, the dollar, the stock market, the job market and oil prices. Americans dissatisfied with the current economic situation vote for Obama, who is owned by the darkness, and they stop their attacks next spring sometime after January 20. Obama is the young superstar, once in a lifetime leader the idiots need him to be.

Here's some more. The people who brought you Obama are the same group behind enemy in the war on terror. Obama wins, they stop with all the hijackings and suicide bombs. Obama gets credit for ending the war on terror.

You are right people are stupid. I would rather fight this war until the stars burn from the sky before I watch Obama in the White House. I want some of the same old.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join