It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Economic Crash Late July!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
i havent. i intentionally live on analog and thrift store clothes. it has more teeth. its a response to the current absurd excess reflected in the Dallas area.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this sort of thing was destined to happen. Monetary policy is a fatally flawed system. A system that levies debt on a banknote, from the moment it is created, will result in increasing national debt as a long term trend. The small number at the top get richer and richer, as those below them are crippled by debts they are forced to take on, just to stay alive. Eventually, the top will become so heavy and the bottom so weak, that the pyramid will crumble and we will be left in a dire situation.

The peaks and troughs will become more and more pronounced, until there are no real recoveries from the troughs. A monetary policy system, based upon privately owned central banks that loan money at interest from the moment of its creation brings wealth to many in the short term, but is completely unsustainable in the long term.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by taurus1977

Oh yay yay yay..

The answer to ALL our problems... Where do we sign up and who do we send the cheque to?? Or can we post cash?

Nice try.. Gotta admit.. You got all the key words in..

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This thread appeared last year and predicted a global crash in August or September. It never happen.

The article talks about global stock market crash, not economic crash. Two different terms. ECB and Fed fighting over interest rates is going to crash the stock markets (I agree with you there) but this doom and gloom of "the second great depression is coming" is far from the mark.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Right now we are in a tight situation, but the economy has really been doing badly since 2000, the GW admin has just tweaked the numbers so much that they mean nothing. If the stock market was valued by true inflation indexes, people would see that it never recovered.

Things are going to get worse before they get better, but now that the cheap oil has ran out, future energy sources will be much more labor intensive, and there will have to be considerable re-tooling, which means a great deal of job creation, less money going to the super rich, and more to the working class. This is what the super rich have wanted to avoid, but the march of technology means the end to the IC's who have ruled since the beginnning of the industrial age. With automation and the internet small sized businesses can mass produce and market worldwide, without the huge overhead costs of the corporate entity.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Last week I was at a function where the CEO of Merrill Lynch was talking to some top tier clients about the next 2 years. Basically, they have no idea about the next 3 - 6 months, but expect things to normalise mid 09 at which point he seemed excited about the 'bargains'. No one there was advocating investing in financial stocks or real estate for upto mid term. Nothing much juicier than that I'm afraid. Oil prices were expected to go up but within 2 years settle back around US$100, or whatever currency it is being priced in when that time comes

Looking around the room at the expressions on people's faces, those big money investors are gonna get screwed even more than us

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
My neighbor across the street has already filled his entire front yard with cut logs ready to go. People are preparing for this, there is no doubt.
[edit on 19-6-2008 by BlasteR]

Its funny to see this, I have been noticing the same thing in Maine too, a lot more stacked cords of wood, many more front yards being turned to gardens. More gardens in general popping up here and there.

I believe that (while it may not be overt) people are sensing and preparing.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Whoa........

Bad times ahead for sure.

Thanks to ATS for widening my awareness of these issues!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The global forces of subversion have put on a position which is selling the US dollar and dollar denominated assets and buying a basket of foreign currencies, the associated assets, precious metals, especially gold, and commodities, primarily oil and food. For their part they want the dollar to be isolated relative to the rest of the world. Its a big bet for a group of people that have few options left. In late August, an event will take place that will determine the outcome of this grand adventure. The dollar will formally depreciate or it will hold.

If the dollar depreciates the subversive forces will sweep in and buy up relatively cheap dollar denominated assets and America will find itself enslaved. If the dollar holds (my prediction) the foreign currencies, precious metals and commodity prices will begin to collapse back to "normal" levels and the US dollar will rise. The people who put on these positions will experience a market massacre as they fight to cover themselves. When I say collapse I mean you'll hear a loud pop and then see mayhem on trading floors worldwide.

The event that I mentioned above is the birth of a certain male child that is due on August 30, 2008. If the boy remains with his parents, America and the world will be safe; the final 45 days of this old world order will start and the rout of the subversive forces will begin behind the scences. On October 13th maybe Osama bin Laden will be captured or something so that everyone can see how hopeless his cause is.

If the giant red dragon devours the child the moment it is born, the American economy will collapse instantly, armies will mobilize and world war III will formally and unambiguously begin.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
This crash has been in the works for years,the NWO is going to use this to start thier global population decrease,we are talkin about,bread lines,prison camps and marshall law,here y'all all in the name of "Law and Order."

[edit on 18-6-2008 by mike dangerously]

you forgot slavery....
you owe $250, 000 on this house that is now only worth $50,000, and you have no job, no assetts, nothing. and well, the cost to drive to any place that you might get a job is just too much...here, we'll help you out here....you can work for this company here, they will provide you with housing close to the workplace (that the corp swept up when the real estate prices dropped), and they have a nice cafeteria that will provide you with three square meals a day! you clothes will be provided for ya, and well, as long as you do a decent days work, your wage will be $15 an hour, 50% of that will go back to the employer for the room and board.....40% will go towards the payment of all that money you owe. which will leave or with a whole 10% for yourself....of course, once that debt is paid off, you will be free to make any agreement you can with this employer, or any others.
oh, and by the way, if the employer doesn't like your job performance for any reason...we have nice work camps set up across the country we can shelter you in. ya know, the ones we moves all the social service recipients to.

I actually see something like this as being the answer, or the way they will go. as gas prices rise, it will be more difficult for workers to get to work, having the businesses sweep up all this real estate that will be auctioned off that is within walking distance from their location would solve at least some of the gas crisis.
having the company in charge of feeding, housing and clothing it's employees would reduce the costs of feeding, housing and clothing them, since they would be buying these necessities at wholesale prices. it would take that burden from our bankrupted government that is doing it for so many of these underpaid employees now. and, well, I have my doubts that they are gonna let us all walk away free and clear without us paying back the money we owe them, who cares how much the values of those houses are now....they will want their money, and this arrangement would force us to pay!

we are heading into slavery! they will more than likely give it a different name, but well, if it looks like a rose, smells like a rose...then more than likely it is a rose!

of course, your boss might also owe alot of money that he can't pay back also, so the businesses will also be forced into their own repayment/slave scheme.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by dawnstar]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
And now the choice the Delphi principal will kick in, or as any person sold anything will know "want that in Blue or green?"

We will be given two choices like Bush "you are either with the terrorists or with us"

We will soon be left with a choice,

Go and fight for the Oil in Iran etc, have accommodation, have food, have a job, you will be sold that you fighting for your families food and homes.

Join Up or starve.

This has been on the cards for a long time and posted about on ATSNN for much more than a year.

Maybe someone could start a thread titled Mischevious Elfs prediction is coming true lol;

please see the thread I did in 2005 on this I stated where the oil prices would be and was 2$ out!

TRUST ME AS I PROVED IT 3 YEARS AGO OIL WILL BE AT OVER $200 DOLLARS A BARREL WITHIN 3 MONTHS IF NOT BY JAN 09 AT THE LATEST.

This is real, read history this is engineered.

We now though unlike any time in history are facing a real depression and crash after the war has started and after the housing crash, they have always gone after the crash

Therefore when the markets bottom out very soon there is nowhere for the world leaders to go but all out World War to save themselves and power bases.

The poster who stated Irish banks are ok for funding?

WTF are you going on about, please name to me ONE Irish bank that has more than 3% of the secured share of the market that is not securitized, i.e. from the societies own books/deposits/savings?

Do you actually know how mortgage debts are administered?

You cant you are talking absolute fantasy words.

House process are rising in Scotland are they? certainly in parts however the mean is around a 10-13% drop over the last 12 months.

In addition to that the last drops are usually within the deprived areas and they always take the biggest drop as now one wants to pay anything for a house in a street that is economically deprived when no one else is working in that street... I really don’t know where your getting your information from, unless you are paid to post what you did or you have large stocks or interests in finance/property.

So if you would like to look at this thread from 2005 please do I add a bit there which I wont repeat and some very good contributions from other posters.

Its here its real, the birds are flying just have seen the roost and are on a approach path to it a big sharpish!

Price of Oil to hit $64 dollars a Barrel! 2005

Bit of a joke in hindsight!

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My 82 yo old neighbor who survived the great depression gave me some very good advice yesterday..."Every time you go to the store pick up a extra bag of rice and beans and put it aside in a safe place, you can survive a long time on rice and beans if you have to". She also said to stock up on ammunition while we still can.
I think we are going to be in for some very tough times in the near future. War with Iran is almost a certainty now. And I do not see how we can avoid a catastrophic economic meltdown. Time is running our fast . Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Remember the lessons of Katrina don't expect help from our government , it is going to be up to you to provide food, shelter and security for yourself and your family. You have time now to act ....Don't wait !

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Some more indicators of the mounting and varied economic factors that support this Crash though by July I am not soo sure defiantly by end of year beginning of next. As Inflation soars due to oil and energy costs.

Yesterday in the UK consumers were told by the main providers to expect their Home Fuel bills to rise by 40% by the time winter is here.

That is after massive rises in recent years/months anyhow.

The Governor of the Bank of England stated yesterday
BBC

The UK faces its "most difficult economic challenge for two decades", the Bank of England governor has said.

In his Yearly speech at the Mansion House.

Now what are the central bankers to do? lower rates to allow liquidity back into the market, stopping the recession becoming a depression or raise rates to stave of fears of Inflation?

Today the picture became even more difficult and confusing for the Central bankers in the UK, to be honest their impotence to control the worlds money markets, as the markets are based on oil (25% or more of the entire FTSE 100 is based on Oil stocks, that’s a quarter of the British economy! a quarter of the worlds 4th largest economy is based on Oil, as oil supplies drop prices going up may seem good. They certainly are Now for the rich investors and shareholders dealers, but its such a short lived cherry.... inflation is soo linked to this, please see my link in previous post above.... what are they too do? in reality it matters not just stalling games, smoke and mirrors the bull is definitely in the china shop and about to start running about..

Sales rose by 3.5% during May, the strongest monthly growth since January 1986, statistical office figures show.

Unfortunately this 'shop till we drop' attitude will sow the seeds of its own demise. The risk of rate rises followed by a recession has just gone up

Ian Kernohan,
Royal London Asset Management
Source

Some info if you hear a politician saying "recession" or a economist change it too "depression" it has now been fiscally proved that the US and UK are in recession, we are not waiting for it if you use true figures and correct data streams, the fear is the depression.

Rise rates, increase the depression control inflation (but only a bit because rates don’t control Oil prices the true driver of inflation)

Lower rates and save the banks homeowners businesses but let inflation take off like a rocket?

No where to go except world War.... maybe there is another continent like China we haven’t discovered yet?

The deals done, buy commodities and only save in organisations that back your money with gold (I wont advertise but you can save in gold in Switzerland. Pay your debts off before the collapsing organisations get very very very aggressive in reclaiming them and to stop them from becoming more when they are administered by a buyout/liquidation, invest in information get reskilled in things that have a premium in an economy based on Real Knowledge, I.e. agriculture, etc.

Good Luck and wake up its like saying its not going to RAIN HERE BECAUSE THE DARK CLOUD YOU CAN SEE COMING IS NOT OVER YOU YET, if no one sees this coming. and prepares.

I normally berate and object to "doom and gloom" "its all going to end now" were screwed etc" but this is really here, and very very apparent, look closely guys and you will all of a sudden think How the F did that elephant get in my living room without me noticing... what to do now how to get it out? well a bit late then eh?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Realize that many of these have historically paid good dividends and are widely held in your 401k even in some of the safest funds available.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by jefwane]

And you can also go to any Mutual Fund provider and look at the current YTD Yield and the Yield since inception, and of course, your own Life Yield if you have one...

Mutual Funds and 401(k)'s which operate just like one, only qualified, are separated into "risk factors".

A High Risk fund will sell more often, and aim for short term gains.. quite a bit of these funds where involved in gambling with subprime loan backing (sub prime loans are backed by insurance policies, which if defunct is paid by the insurance companies and those who "back them".. which has not been reported in the news how bad these insurance companies have been obliterated..)

A Low Risk fund will invest in anything that is consider solid .. looking for dividends and long term gains. MOST of the funds that are Low Risk invest in BANKS because BANKS are always there...

Bear Sterns collapses .. sold for pennies on the dollar .. I don't know of a single Low Risk Fund that was not invested in Bear Sterns ..

But to own any form of Mutual Fund you do not own stock individually .. instead you own a share of the fund, the fund being invested as a main account, and splitting profits between the mutual share holders. If Low Risk funds (of any kind really) take huge hits, the hit is then dispersed over every individual, which is where you get your % gain or loss.

Most Low Risk Funds where down 20-25% last I looked. Since inception (typically 10 years or more, some less) gains where minimal. These are peoples retirements .. savings ..

I would become more involved in your money, people. Look to see what your fund is investing in, look at it's performance, make sure if you want "low risk" that it is giving you "low risk".

Any questions for a better description of what "low risk" should be, u2u me!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yea guys, we are living in the Last Days........

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
of interest re my last posts

below is chart showing the price of Oil over a 12 month period, its Brent crude in $:

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 19-6-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's even worse than you think. It doesn't matter what the Fed does or doesn't do, the credit bubble will implode and borrowers will scramble to sell whatever they can to pay off their debts, including stocks, bonds, precious metals, commodities and real estate(thereby causing a crash in ALL of those markets at least in the short run). The reality is that in the 30's, the Fed tried to expand the money supply but couldn't keep up with the drawdown in deposits by masses of depositors who were afraid that their bank would go bankrupt like hundreds of other banks at the time. Every time someone would withdraw a dollar in paper currency from a bank, that bank had to reduce it's loans ie. call in loans by $10. That's why perfectly viable businesses, who had excellent credit ratings and always paid their loans back on time, were forced into bankruptcy because their banks called in their loans and the businesses were unable to refinance their loans somewhere else. If the Fed doesn't raise interest rates now, the world will assume that they've abandoned the dollar and the US dollar will collapse. OPEC producers will have no choice then but to demand payment in Euros or maybe gold, and the price of oil in terms of worthless US dollars will be a lot higher than even $200 a barrel.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We are heading for a big change, that is for sure. I dont think it is doom and gloom. Despite the past couple decades of what many call lazyness, we Americans are tough. We are not afraid of hard work. Sure we would rather not, who wouldnt? But when it comes down to it, we work together despite our differences, and pull through.

No worries, but things will be very different.

We will not be able to supply the world with food aid any more. "Our pantries are bare" they tell us. Not to mention we cant afford to ship over seas. That is a real shame. There are a lot of places that depend on our aid for survival in one way or another.

Floods have distroied more crops (especially corn and soy) than many care to realize.

The cost of getting everything where it needs to go is going up up up. Most of it is transported via trucks. Those truck drivers have had enough. They are already begining to strike. Their gas prices have more than doubled and they are not being reimbursed for that. A lot of things are just going to have to be supplied localy.

Any way to supply energy is going to be popular. Look for small windmills that can be attatched to a typical home to become "in". Wood for burning in the winter is already big. Any time trees fall, people come and help not for money but for some of the wood.

Credit is going to be a laugh all around. So are checks (most places flat out will not accept them now). If you want something, you better either have gold in hand, or something they want.

A lot of people are starting gardens (heirloom seeds will be worth their weight in gold so learn how to save seeds)

In all honesty, i think there will be volenteers for slavery if that is what you want to call it. Contracts written up, work for food and shelter for a certin time period.

There is already talk of doing away with income tax and starting a federal sales tax. Not too sure what I think of that yet.

I also think the welfare system is going to stop soon. Wic is already cut in half of what it can give. Food stamps are going to come to a stop.

I think stocking up on ammo is a very good idea. People get desperate, and will do anything. It would be best to make sure you can protect you and yours.

One of the crappiest parts is that beer is becoming an endangered species. The barley is trippling and the hops is almost imposible to find. This is causing anheuser bush to sell out already to the Belgin InBev. It will be a sad day when you cant find a beer. And I dont even like beer.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join