It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A big congratulations to my opponent, Maria_stardust, for her split decision win on this debate here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was a well fought debate, and I was happy to walk with a split decision on such a tough position to defend!

Thanks again to the judges, as your replies REALLY help me in my endeavor to become a master debater. (couldn't resist!
)

Memoryshock I hope that with two debates under my belt, I get a shot in this tourney of yours!

-Jason

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm thinking you don't have to worry about a position in the tournament...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ah, another great debate finished up! Just posted my closing statement:

Challenge Match: emsed1 vs Ian McLean: The Mason's Just Need A Few Good Men

I can now sit back, here in the Pub, nurse my wounds, and enjoy a long-anticipated glass of Scotch - Glenmorangie, this time, for those keeping track at home. Aaahh...

Thanks, emsed1, for an excellent debate!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That was one of my favorite debates in a while....

emsed1 and Ian McLean deserve major props for an enthralling debate...I haven't looked forward to another 'episode' since I was in High School and watched Party of Five...

Seriously...great job guys...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just read your debate emsed and Ian McLean. Great addition to the Debate Forum, both of you.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow, brave move chissler; deliberately evading the ATS censors directly above a link to the T&C's in your signature.

I, for one, support that call; I think (similar to the debate on substance legalization a while back) this is one case in which open discussion justifiably calls for some flexibility.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
I, for one, support that call; I think (similar to the debate on substance legalization a while back) this is one case in which open discussion justifiably calls for some flexibility.

Exactly...context is key. And chissler and bodrul can have a mature discussion...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Ah, another great debate finished up! Just posted my closing statement:

Challenge Match: emsed1 vs Ian McLean: The Mason's Just Need A Few Good Men

I can now sit back, here in the Pub, nurse my wounds, and enjoy a long-anticipated glass of Scotch - Glenmorangie, this time, for those keeping track at home. Aaahh...

Thanks, emsed1, for an excellent debate!

Thank you for the privilege of an honorable and well-fought debate.

Yes, I will admit... Ian made me his bitch, but I liked it!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Lol! That, I would not say. The honor was mine. It's really tough to debate someone being so sincere, genuine, and 'above it all'. I read your closing and thought "crap, is there anything I can say that won't make me look like a jerk?"

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have to say that both of you had me wondering...I meant it when I said that I couldn't wait for the next installment...it was a great debate....

And I can't wait to see what you can do, emsed1, in a debate that you are not personal to...

I can't wait for this tournament....you all have talent and knowledge that makes the rest of ATS pale in comparison...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I have to say that both of you had me wondering...I meant it when I said that I couldn't wait for the next installment...it was a great debate....

And I can't wait to see what you can do, emsed1, in a debate that you are not personal to...

I can't wait for this tournament....you all have talent and knowledge that makes the rest of ATS pale in comparison...

Yep it was definitely a problem for me to separate my personal attachment to the subject.

A great debater (like my opponent) can debate either side of an issue with equal prowess, and that's something I need to work on.

But, I can think of no better place to work on it than here!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is going to be a Tournament to Remember....

I have not seen as much talent and enthusiasm before and the professionalism is awesome...

Semper

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Very true.

Hey, perhaps we will finally get our head to head match in this tournament....in the championship.

It's going to be a lot of fun no matter what happens.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

So is there any idea of what the range of topics will be?

Please just don't make it anything to do with Canadians since 1980...

(seriously, why didn't someone warn me about GAO ?)

I am actually giving up posting for this debate and my Story I am writing for all of you people, so I hope this fills the void, and I'm not eliminated in the first round... less than two weeks to go Baby!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yes, we just may....

reply to post by jasonjnelson

The topics will be arbitrary and a surprise as always... That's half the fun..

And I am sure.. ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!

Getting anxious here...

Semper

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just a reminder...

When you are reading one of the debates... I read them all....

Take a moment and Flag and Star the contributions...

Juts a real simple and free way to show support for each other...

Semper

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Actually, if you guys would like to start posting topic suggestions, please feel free...We could use all the suggestions we can get...though I already have a list of topics....

And remember, that noone will get a topic that they have suggested....

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Another handy, dandy little reminder...

READ THE RULES

When you accept the title of "Fighter" you join a very small and exclusive fraternity of intellectuals. Yes, that may sound conceited, but I am still in awe at some of the talent we have in the Debate Forum.

Upon joining that community, some things are expected of the Fighter; Following rules, making the time limits, communicating etc...

So, when you get started, or need a refresher, MemoryShock, TheVagabond and intrepid ALL post the rules at the beginning of each and every debate so that they are prominent and easy to access..

PLEASE READ THEM

It prevents accidents, promotes a smooth and professional debate and makes us all look really good too...

Semper

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

And remember, that noone will get a topic that they have suggested

That's not fair... I want the topic of "Former Marines and current Police Officers on ATS"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We will get started on listing topics Boss.....

Time is getting short

Semper

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by MemoryShock

And remember, that noone will get a topic that they have suggested

That's not fair... I want the topic of "Former Marines and current Police Officers on ATS"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join