It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian

Originally posted by fiorano

Originally posted by ravenflt
Infact Hispanic people are closer geographically to america than the white immigrants have ever been.

well actually Hispanic people are European, and the Mexicans and Central Americans of Hispanic/native American blood are closer to 'America' than 'white' immigrants have ever been
remember that the whole Hispanic thing starts from Spain/Portugal and the Iberian Peninsula or Hispaniola where the term Hispanic Comes from
perhaps we should rethink calling Mexicans Hispanic and calla spade a spade
Mexicans are Mexicans and Hispanics must lay some heritage to europe.
so this blurs too many definitions..
beside Not that every person is racists or classist or whetever-ist but the Spanish and Portuguese would not liked to be lumped into the 'Hispanic' term along with Mexico and central Americas and much of South Americas- the majority being of Native/indigenous mixed European conquerer heritage.
the Argentines would certainly not appreciate this grouping either

OMG! I'm not white, my ancestors came from Europe!
Yay Yay Yay!

I am Irish Italian, but I'm not white.

Ok if "White" people did not come from Europe, just where the hell did they come from

i did not say a european anscetry was not 'white' or even if you are european from a mixed African heritage...
i was pointing out that the term 'hispanic' has been misused ot identify a people to the point it is now accepted and 'Dictionaried' into the term we use now and done so erroneously.
and "whiteness" these days i believe is more of a common cultural idea than strictly a racial position- as you point out,
it is largely european/western ideas and behaviors...that's why suburban america (middle class college educated groups) all tend to support IKEA, bed bath and beyond and office max- and J crew/ abercrombie and so on...
from any heritage if you play the game the same it would never cause trouble amongst the already settled 'U.S. Americans' (look at stuffwhitepeoplelike.com a funny and pretty accurate look at this group of Americans)
I don't mean offense-
i hope my post history shows i try to speak somewhat fairly and not over emotionally and as openly as possible. I would like to address the issue brought up by the OP and replies after.

by the way the Conquistador high horse comment
that was really good- I appreciate good wit and cleverness in posts
it is good to discuss and argue points without losing or heads.
cheers

[edit on 3-6-2008 by fiorano]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to TextText Redpost by Ice_Man

sorry to say it jethro but mexicans arnt goin anywhere for a very long time...they will rise, they will take over...its true and there coming over the border! and in the future youll worship those that descended from them hahaha

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I feel it's different. When we go somewhere else and spend money, we are helping their economy. When they come here, use us to make a buck, then send it off, they are essentially helping THEIR economy and hurting ours.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

[edit on 3-6-2008 by krossfyter]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by falucho05

I live in Mexico thats why I am free.

Glade to see somone who can see wht i'm saying.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ice_Man

Of course they pay taxes on their income....to the tune as of last Fall, $567 BILLION dollars collected in the FICA account due to unmatched SS and tax ID numbers.

That's a Half TRILLIONi dollars for all you posters in Rio Linda.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by falucho05

I live in Mexico thats why I am free.

Glade to see somone who can see wht i'm saying.

What part of Mexico are you in?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

Not doubting you man but do you have a link to that info?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

Let's see, if they are here ILLEGALLY that means no SS# of their own. BUT, like in my case they have someone else's. Sure the FICA comes out of their check BUT if they owe come tax time, guess who gets to foot the bill? The person they stole the number from. How do I know? It happened to someone in my town. It's typical identity theft. Flat out - yet another crime. They get what they want and the poor SOB on the other end of the number has to pay for it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

Just tell me one war in the last century where the security has been genuinely compromised?? Pleasse!! You believe the bunch of lies thata re behind it, this country gov't has always wanted power and control over people. That's why it gets involved in everything. The people that has used violence against violence does not deserve any kind of compassion. So, I am more ashamed of the soldiers that are in Iraq now killing innocent people than the immigrants that come everyday.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I agree with you, Mexico it's a place where you can progress and make a good life, but the sad true is because of the lack of education and information in some places the only option they see is to immigrate to another country.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Awssome I can stay my IQ is of 160. I am proudly Argentinean!! With U.S. citizenship. I am American, in the sense that I was born in the continent of America. :-P

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The problem with some people like Lone Star Patriot is that they generalize everyone . Meaning that if 1 Mexican/etc do something bad, they generalize that now every Mexican/etc are all bad. If we were all to think like that, we would all think that Americans are all like you. But since our intelligence is bigger than yours, we know not to generalize people.

Then again not every American behaves and has the mentallity of Lone Star Patriot(thank the heavens for education), and not every Mexican/etc is bad. (I wonder what the world would be if we all were like Lone Star Patriot, hell there probably woulnt even be a world.)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vendel

I am grateful to you.
Thank you.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by LaBella]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ifa mexican breaks the law here, he is deported. If he lives in, say, Madero Texas or Mission, or Rio Hondo or any of those border towns, he can be swim back over in a couple of hours. However, I, or anyone, can be detained in Mexico, have your ribs kicked in and your money taken and your vehicle too. Be detained for years while your family pays for your food and whatever else you need in jail, if you're lucky. And you don't even have to be guilty of anything. They can say you had pot in your car or whatever the hell they want to say. You can go on and on about Mexico and the Mexican people, but I know the truth. Mexico is beautitul and has alot of things I like about it, but the truth is that it mostly sucks because of the extreme corruption the resulting grinding poverty. When the citizens of Reynosa tell you to keep your windows rolled up for safety, even in the daytime, soemthing is wrong. People disappear all the time over there and now wealthy mexican citizens are having to get kidnap insurance. Has anyone heard of the murders of the hundreds of women in Juarez? Now it is happening in Peru, I think. When I lived down in Mission, I wanted to travel farther into Mexico, as it is beautiful, jungles and everything. No one, none of my hispanic, born in the usa friends were even remotely interested in going because it is too dangerous to get off the tourist track.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You really think its all that simple.. Swim back whenever you feel like it or just get a free ride back home? You think Americans have it bad in the jail cells in Mexico? The difference? When an American is jailed in Mexico its all over the news and people are writing letters to get this person they have never met out. Dont get me wrong the "illegals" (what you people call them) get air time. Just in a different light.

The Washington Post has conducted an investigation into medical care at U.S. detention centers housing immigration violators. Its conclusion:

Some 83 detainees have died in, or soon after, custody during the past five years. The deaths are the loudest alarms about a system teetering on collapse. Actions taken -- or not taken -- by medical staff members may have contributed to 30 of those deaths, according to confidential internal reviews and the opinions of medical experts who reviewed some death files for The Post.

According to an analysis by The Post, most of the people who died were young. Thirty-two of the detainees were younger than 40, and only six were 70 or older. The deaths took place at dozens of sites across the country. The most at one location was six at the San Pedro compound near Los Angeles.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.ksat.com...;bb/detail.html?bbPostId=Cz2Qj7Z73pi3ICz6JpbpANIKtfCz1Wac4NnTvwuCz8wY9LRl79Aq&bbParentWidgetId=B91YcZ7V1TfYzCfm7SX dE7Ew

I dont think a few cracked ribs and some pocket change stolen compares to the deaths happening in the cells here.

reply to post by Ariana9

[edit on 4-6-2008 by LaBella]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vendel

Kudos, my friend!
That is exactly the problem that keeps popping up. A few individuals who insist on painting everyone with the same stereotypical brush. They can claim they're only referring to illegal aliens in their arguments, but come on...

How can anyone state with full certainity that they can distinguish between an illegal immigrant, a legal immigrant or a born and raised Hispanic American. You can't. Unless, you specifically ask a person of their legal status, you can't tell one from another. It's impossible.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

LaBella, could you please provide a link to the Washington Post article? It looks like it would make for an informative read. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i believe this is the original article

www.washingtonpost.com...

reply to post by maria_stardust

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yes, you can pretty much tell when they're illegal. They dress differently. I used to see them all time and I see them more and more here. Yes, white p eople in mexican jails get airtime. But hispanics born in the US don't. My hispanic friends got treated worse than me. The mexicans were harder on US born hispanics. I lived among all this for years. I know what I'm talking about. Unless you been right on that border to see, you don't know. Even my hispanic friends that lived a few miles away, weren't actually tuned in to what actaully goes on in alot of cases. You guys need to take off those rose-colored glasses.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join