It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What you should be sick about is the billions of dollars being sent out of the country every week by hispanic workers to their families in south america.
Money that could be spent here is being spent in another country.

Everyone seems to not notice that and imo it is a big deal.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
What you should be sick about is the billions of dollars being sent out of the country every week by hispanic workers to their families in south america.
Money that could be spent here is being spent in another country.

Everyone seems to not notice that and imo it is a big deal.

If you read my post on the previous page(bottom), you'll see I asked about the whole money order deal, and wondered what they were doing with all this money they make here.

So that IS what they're doing with all the $2000 plus money orders I see them purchasing , and hear from my mother tell me about them purchasing on a constant basis. That's hat i figured, but I had no real evidence of it, but evidence is in the buying of the large Money Order, it's to send money to "other" places/countries.

So, yea, come here, take our money/jobs, hurt the taxpayer, and don't even spend the fecking money here? Now I'm pissed not only with our government for letting this happen but with these hispanic families playing the system like a fiddle.

I like how they have all the welfare forms in spanish, all set up.

I propose, if you want Welfare from our country for so many kids, you should at LEAST be able to speak our language ffs.

Nice.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A question to those complaining about money being spent elsewhere, do you go abroad for your vacations? Mexico, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba. Oops, didn't mean to include that last one.

If you're spending thousands of dollars out of country what's the difference?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

You're preaching to the choir. I've already mentioned that is one of the problems.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
A question to those complaining about money being spent elsewhere, do you go abroad for your vacations? Mexico, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba. Oops, didn't mean to include that last one.

If you're spending thousands of dollars out of country what's the difference?

No I don't I can't afforrd to, because I'm a poor middle class white person on disability, without 10 babies out of wedlock, playing the system with the childrens mother.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

That is a completely different matter. You are talking about A, singular, one, vaction. Several thousand dollars.

This is a weekly occurance with them sending the money off. You're talking 8 BILLION dollars annually NOT being used to help the US economy. However I don't expect a Canadian to understand this problem.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

There is no difference.

Besides, how people choose to spend (or send) their hard-earned money is their own business. It's a simple freedom of choice.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
However I don't expect a Canadian to understand this problem.

Rude but not unexpected. We DO understand though. We having a damn hard time keeping skilled workers, like doctors, here because they make so much more in the States. It's called the Brain Drain. It's easier to look at any issue if you can get outside of your own preconceived notions.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

How is me saying I don't expect someone from another country, who doesn't have this problem, to understand?

Seriously, you should change your avatar to a kitten. You should have thicker skin. After my first two post I've been civil - NOT to metion constantly harrassed by two other posters - yet I'M the one with the warnings and negative post count!

"Welcome to ATS now keep your mouth shut."

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Also, Canada has universal healthcare right? So naturally the doctors aren't going to make good money. What do you suggest WE, the US, do about it? Maybe the Canadian government should be enlightened to this problem and address it?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What would you do if your family was in another country? Spend the money that you worked so hard for on yourself?

I really wish that every single indigenous person in this great ol' usa could just disappear for a bit. The outcome? No more going to fancy mexican rest. while stuffing your face and discussing who your going to hire to do your housework. No more of our beautiful culture that someone had mentioned about earlier. No one there to work jobs that you are not willing to do, because your too proud to work for under 5 dollars an hr. No more buying beautiful "exotic" jewelry that you people seem so proud to wear.

Im not speaking of just Mexicans either. I speak of anyone and everyone of Indigenous blood.

And also, to the person who said something about displaying mexican flags at marches? Whats wrong with this? Weve had a foreign flag shoved down our throats for hundreds of years. I think that you can put up with a Mexican flag at a march for a couple of hrs.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You keep saying that you were/are being harassed. More simply, you dont like to hear the truth. Go cry in your blanket.

quote]Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot

How is me saying I don't expect someone from another country, who doesn't have this problem, to understand?

Seriously, you should change your avatar to a kitten. You should have thicker skin. After my first two post I've been civil - NOT to metion constantly harrassed by two other posters - yet I'M the one with the warnings and negative post count!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaBella
What would you do if your family was in another country? Spend the money that you worked so hard for on yourself?

I really wish that every single indigenous person in this great ol' usa could just disappear for a bit. The outcome? No more going to fancy mexican rest. while stuffing your face and discussing who your going to hire to do your housework. No more of our beautiful culture that someone had mentioned about earlier. No one there to work jobs that you are not willing to do, because your too proud to work for under 5 dollars an hr. No more buying beautiful "exotic" jewelry that you people seem so proud to wear.

Im not speaking of just Mexicans either. I speak of anyone and everyone of Indigenous blood.

And also, to the person who said something about displaying mexican flags at marches? Whats wrong with this? Weve had a foreign flag shoved down our throats for hundreds of years. I think that you can put up with a Mexican flag at a march for a couple of hrs.

What's wrong with it? Hum, maybe because they were marching for the same rights that AMERICAN'S have. If you want the "American dream" then you need to become an American.

You want the rights and freedoms of one country while waving the flag of the country you ran from because it sukd so bad? How on God's green Earth does that make any sense??

Also I've been POOR, I got a Pale grant, got a degree and now I'm not. I work hard that is why I can afford someone to clean my house so when I'm not working I have more free time with my family.

Not to mention I wouldn't live in a different country than my family. WE are a family so we would be TOGETHER.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaBella
You keep saying that you were/are being harassed. More simply, you dont like to hear the truth. Go cry in your blanket.

quote]Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot

Haha the last thing your weak arse is going to do is make me cry. Good luck, not try Poncho. You're living in a dream world.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fiorano

I am Argentinean and many of us have indigenous blood as well, if not a great majority, that many from the capital do not want to accept it is another story. I have Portuguese, Spaniard, French, Italian, native american, and Irish blood, that's my heritage, all of those countries are mixed on my blood. I am so proud of being a little bit of everything. I love diversity, and NO whites are no better, if not worse for thinking they are better than the others.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I lived and worked on the Rio Grande in SouthTexas. I bartended in the bars and cantinas up and down the river and let me tell you they are coming over in droves. They trash the land with empty food containers and pampers and feces and the poor MexicanAmericans who have ranches on the river (and the white ones too) really bear the brunt of the problem with really no help. I swear, I was working in the bar one afternoon, 3 offduty borderpatrol were in there and I said look, there is 17 of them swimming across. They said, Oh, it's our day off, you know you can make big bucks giving them a ride just for a few miles and we only take away your vehicle if you get caught.!!!! Amazing. Yes, and if a woman can get to this side and have her baby, she is locked in. They call them anchor babies and there are little maternity places all over in the border towns I was in. Also, I now live in my hometown in Missouri. Not one house has bars on the windows. All the houses in all the border towns and in the country too have bars. Even bars around the window aircon so they don't steal it. My boyfriend, MexicanAmerican, I said to him, why do you all steal so much? He got mad and says it's the same everywhere, I said, well then Noe, why does my h ometown not have any barrs on any windows in any homes and that's all you see around us. People living behind bars? He had no answer. I broke up with him cause he stole my jumpercables amongst other things. I love the Mexican culture and the people, but the border issue is out of control. They should abide by the law same as us, not be rewarded for coming into this country illegally.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
Also I've been POOR, I got a Pale grant, got a degree and now I'm not. I work hard that is why I can afford someone to clean my house so when I'm not working I have more free time with my family.

Not to mention I wouldn't live in a different country than my family. WE are a family so we would be TOGETHER.

Ah, the tale of the poor college student. Been there, done that. I must admit that Pell grants helped me get by as well. I'm glad to see that your education has helped you achieve the American dream. Because, ultimately that's what it's about afterall.

The American dream and family values go hand in hand, don't you think? That's why we work hard. It's all to provide a better life for our families.

But some people aren't as fortunate as we are. They have to work harder and sacrifice more to provide for their families. Sometimes that sacrifice requires families to be apart. It's heartbreaking, but they do it because they have to.

So count yourself lucky. You are able to spend time with your family.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

In what sense are you free??? Patrit act for example, is tha Freedom?? Whta it's your concept of freedom? That your votes count when you are voting? That does nto apply here, because they use delegates. Freedom in the U.S. is history, perhaps it is written on the constitution, does the Government abide it...No.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
How does this affect you? A bunch of people you have never met holding up a flag that means nothing to you. The only thing thats hurting, is your pride.
I never said anything about you being such a hard worker and the struggles you have overcome. You said as well that you were once a single parent with two children. I guess Mexicans arent the only ones that pop kids out and are single.
AND before crying about being harassed take a look at your previous posts. Most have been removed. I wonder why that is?

reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

How does it affect me? It offends me that's how!! It's a slap in the face to all the men who faught and died for this country. One of them being my father!! I wonder what would happen if I went over to Mexico waving an American flag and demanding rights and privileges?

I was married for 7 years. You don't just "pop out" kids during a SEVEN year marriage. You assume way too much.

Again no crying. The last thing hurting me is my pride. It's more like a headache from reading YOUR ridiculous racial posts. I had TWO posts deleted. Looks like someone else was crying not me.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join