It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette Smoking Obama = Bad President or just Propaganda?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Looks like she's had a few cocktails

Well .. I took it down since it wasn't exactly 'on topic' .. but my point was that there are bad pictures of everyone out there. Everyone gets a bad picture taken.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
There are a couple of clues that suggest that the cigarette is photoshopped into photo above.

One is that the cigarette is blurry compared to the rest of the picture. The other is that there is no smoke.

Bill Clinton declared that he never lit his cigars, but there is a convincing photo circulating showing him puffing on a lit cigar with plenty of ambient smoke.

There are plenty of people here who would argue that Clinton was a great president.

I won't be voting for Obama because I haven't heard him say one thing that is substantive enough to convince me of what he stands for except change and change alone is too vague for me to put much stock in such a promise. Widespread pandemonium in the streets would be a change, but not one that I would desire.

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to say that I wish more voters would be like you and decide which candidate they'll be voting for based on political issues and not things that are conpletely irrelevant.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Who cares if he smoked or smokes. FDR smoked and I am sure other Presidents did as well. Why would it be a issue. Even if he smoked weed that would be fine with me. It might clear up his mind but then again he would have the munchies and get fat which a lot of people would not like to see even if some of our presidents were fat as well. Oh well. Cannot seem to please everyone you know. Let be I say.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Whats more disturbing is, people are so fickle that we actually think SMOKING represents good leadership!!

Is this even pertinent? NOOOOO!!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Im sort of amazed that people are even arguing over whether or not the photo is fake. Who cares? I really dislike Obama and would never vote for him, but why in the world should anyone care whether he smokes or not?

The war against smokers was created by the media and fed to the population. If your going to go along with it, your not really denying ignorance. I personally have never smoked and never plan to, but smoking does not hamper your ability to be the president.

What does it say about the electorate when questions like this are actually debated? Next time someone overweight runs for election, people are going to be asking whether we should elect a fat man/women. Why does anyone care about this sort of thing? Why are we not focusing on the issues?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good find.

I'm not sure it's a propaganda pic though, it may have been done just because it looks funny. It kind of makes him look like a badass, even though he's more of a straight-arrow Boy Scout type these days, which is what makes it funny IMHO.

Something Awful and 4chan.org are chock full of goofy photoshopped pics like that.

As for the "Obama is a Muslim" idea, it's been thoroughly debunked on Snopes, but I guess that still does make good propaganda regardless of the truth - people tend to believe what fits their worldview, not what fits the facts.

[edit on 5/31/08 by xmotex]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsiderInfo
And yes, Cocaine has long-term effects, even if Obama used it long ago. As can be seen in this picture:

He has stated numerous times he refuses to wear the american flag pin on his suit, and he does not put his hand on his heart during the national anthem.

This is just pure lies. He has never said anything like that!

wow.

Indeed.

Take a good look at this video. Or stay ignorant.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Smoking has nothing to do with whether a person is qualified to be President. Anyone who would vote based on that is not qualified to vote.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I would be hard-pressed to believe that Obama doesn't know this picture is circulating. Why hasn't he said anything about it being manipulated??

I have heard him say that he has faith in the intelligence of the American people to figure these things out for themselves... Perhaps his faith is sometimes misplaced.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Obama sure as hell looks gangster with that cigarette though.
American Gangster.
"Nuclear BOMBS, do you understand?"

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Dude, YES!!!

I'm totally voting for Obama now!

"We Go Play Hoops!" and not reciting the UNAMERICAN pledge of allegience?

My kinda guy.

A big F U to proper language AND rampant patriotism!

I will vote for him... JUST to spite the sheepies.

Seriously, everything this guy is being discredited with just makes him look cooler to the young people.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Good job lee. I thought it looked like a paste job but my Photoshop is down right now and I couldn't try a duplication. Good job. Personally my family members lived to be 100+ because they didn't indulge in the "cool vices" of the day like smoking.

His habit won't make him a good or bad president. What people are concerned about right now, with his personality instead of policy, is his relapse capability. Once an Alky always an Alky, the same is true with smoking or heavy drinking or drug use, the temptation is there after the rehab.

So people are wondering, quite naturally, how many vices and virtues the candidate has. His may be his coke use or cigarettes, Hillary's may be Bill, and McCain may be his skin cancers and aging, but it doesn't prove the mettle of a president all the time.

I'm not voting for the toad because of his policies and their potentials. I never vote personality.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I see a lot of threads here on ATS trying to tarnish Obama. I think this is a product of his success. A small minority of the population are running scared at the thought of Obama winning the presidency.

Clinton's supporters are beginning to throw the dirt, hoping enough will stick and damage him. I think they're getting very desperate. Fortunately their little tricks and games won't prevail. I saw the Obama smoking picture, very cute. Whoever hoaxed that picture was definitely out to discredit the man. It was good to see that someone noticed that the picture was fake. It just goes to show how far some people will go just to discredit the man.

Personally as an English man looking in, I think he's the best candidate by a mile for your country.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsiderInfo
And Obama is not lying, he's not a muslim. Anymore. He's a christian now, he converted to it for his wife and kids because his Wife was christian. He was only a Muslim for the majority of his life.

Either you're trying to deceive us or you don't know better yourself. That is not a Muslim garb, it's the traditional garb worn in that country he visited for that wedding.

Before you even say, "But he went to a madrassa when he was younger too," madrassa means "school." "Masjid" is a Muslim's school.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The photo looks like an obvious fake, but it shouldn't matter whether or not he smokes cigarettes. Even if he did smoke, it wouldn't wont hurt his decision making as president.

Also why would it matter if he is muslim or not? Besides the fact that he is clearly not. As another poster stated the job of the president is to better America, not Christianity or Islam or any other religion for that matter. I don't think candidates should state their religious affiliation it neither helps nor hurts their ability as a president.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Last time I checked smoking was not illegal. Is it now?

If I was in his shoes I would probably start smoking cannibi because cigarretes are like beer in that you can never get enough and its not really cool unless its illegal.

Yeah dumb post but probably less dumb than the OP.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
I see a lot of threads here on ATS trying to tarnish Obama. I think this is a product of his success. A small minority of the population are running scared at the thought of Obama winning the presidency.

You bet they are!!! The elite are #ting bricks just at the notion he wins.

IMO, and I hate to say it but I think Mrs. Clinton would be even worst then Mr. Bush as president and we all know how bad he is.

Originally posted by paul76
Clinton's supporters are beginning to throw the dirt, hoping enough will stick and damage him. I think they're getting very desperate. Fortunately their little tricks and games won't prevail. I saw the Obama smoking picture, very cute. Whoever hoaxed that picture was definitely out to discredit the man. It was good to see that someone noticed that the picture was fake. It just goes to show how far some people will go just to discredit the man.

"Who will answer the phone if it rings 3:00 am?"

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Customer Service in Bangalore, India?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't care if he smokes or not.

But I wonder if the stoned look he has was also photoshopped?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InsiderInfo

thats not true tho

my wifes father has been smoking OVER 50years, every day, packs

and wheres his lung cancer? OH u mean his lungs are fine?

I guess that makes your "100% lung cancer theory" turn into a pile of crap

Oh well, so much for being ignorant

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join