It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette Smoking Obama = Bad President or just Propaganda?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
yeah the first thing i noticed about the cigarette picture was that it looked fake.
the filter is waaaay too long, as if the cigarette is barely being held by his lips.
Not to mention the recent health file made by Obama's doctor to cover his conditions over the last 10 years was only one page long... McCaine's was like 120 pages lol. so Obama is pretty healthy.

But, if the pic was real, and Obama did smoke, I wouldnt mind.
I consider myself a healthy person.
I eat well, for the most part, and exercise frequently... but I do smoke the occasional cigarette when I feel like it.
Its been like 4 months since my last cigarette, but I have in no way shape or form quit smoking.
I also like to get hammered drunk on occasion, and perhaps even divulge into other drugs every once and a while... something that we know our current president and past presidents (Kennedy) also did.
I'm still a healthy person.

So my point it, one cigarette every once and a while, or even an addicted cigarette smoker, for me, wouldnt hinder my vote.
If anything, it shows that our presidents are also suffering from the same addictions and problems that their people are suffering from... a trait that is good imo for a president to have.
There are many things before cigarette addiction that people need be concerned with.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

it is obvious that he is a smoker for a very long time just check his lips color

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SR
Your founding fathers and some of your greatest presidents have smoked in some form or another, drank like fishes and womanised but they've still managed to make your country great why is it such a big deal now???

Is it because people are falling for the propaganda and objective of some elements of the media.

The man won't be killing any of you's personally with his habit. Although i admit smoking is a bad habit but still it's his choice are you going to deny a fellow american the right to liberty in making his own choices??

Smoking can lead to cancer but most civil engineers or scientists can list you at least fifty hard plastics and materials that prolonged exposure too will also cause you to contract cancer.

Environmental scientists can ring off chemical after chemical that through man made pollution enters our atmosphere that prolonged breathing exposure to will cause cancer.

Let's not be insecure or ignorant now people...

I think this sums up the issue perfectlty

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

you guys forgot the fact that a president must be way better than an regular person which mean less bad habit , wiser ...blabla i could go on forever . these are signs for psychological weaknesses if i may say

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by piacenza
OHHHHHH my God a Black Muslim Smoker as a president!!!!!

I mean he is BLACK like his wife...
Damn I did not realize how black she was, Oh my God wait a sec she is a nigro I mean a NIGRO.

How can a smoking Nigro married with a Nigro woman be a president of such a wonderful country made of the best white cream around?

I would actually prefer this nigro as a president that some white Christian stupid white trash instead. Some of the comment in this thread make me sick.

Even taking this as sarcasim your post is the most vulger here. Closed mouth gathers no foot... No one even mentiond Negro but you go ahead and throw the white trash phrase around. That phrase is free to use according to the black folk... Whatever...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The photo doesn't look credible. There is too much butt outside his mouth for one thing- he would have a very tenuous grip on it- that's photoshop dealing with a mouth that wasn't open enough.

Then there's the no hands things- true, very few smokers if any at all would do that on a short cigarette. The smoke is constantly in your eyes, and it doesn't matter how used to it you may be, it's not tenable. You also have a hard time dragging of a cigarette that way.

Cigarette smoke is not sucked directly into the lungs. It is sucked into the mouth first, then inhaled along with a gasp of fresh air. This makes it much easier to handle. You can't take that secondary inhalation of fresh air with a cigarette held in your lips- you just get more smoke and it makes for a much harsher experience.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have recalled seeing Obama at the Pacific Garden Mission in Chicago in 2002. I don't remember what he said but didn't think less of him because he went outside to have a smoke. Personally, if my wife had made me sit through one of Wright's sermons, I would be ducking out for a smoke break too. Now a catholic priest doing impressions? What are they?.......possessed?

Many people smoke, but many ex smokers probably hate the smokers the most. Smoking probably humanizes him to some degree with some people. His ability to apparently quit during these times must be worse.

Maybe some will now be saying he smokes a blunt and throws gang signs.

I would be more concerned if he wins who he chooses for VP. Who is Hillaries psychic anyway? I hope it's not a broken magic 8 ball.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Remember when bush flipped off the camera? Remember when he told us HE DECIDES FOR US? And, that GOD told him to invade iraq?!

We laughed. But what if it was Obama? I've seen this guy attacked so much solely based on his skin color, his religion, and his way of life.

And all of the things, my friends, are rights as an American citizen to choose freely(except skin color of course). I grow ashamed of my fellow man. Racial equality has been and will continue to be a lie to make us all feel better about ourselves. People are just as racist as ever, and I feel this man wouldn't even be allowed on T.V. if the majority of people got their way.

The talk about his assassination compared to JFK was the icing on the cake.

How would you, personally, like being compared with a person who was brutally executed for his beliefs, trying to inform the ignorant, and standing up for the average American?

I should stop now.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The class factor hasn't been discussed here. Smoking is associated with the working class, non-smoking is a big deal to the upper classes. A picture like this might be manufactured to imply Obama is lower class, which would be difficult to prove considering he's a Harvard man. But it may actually work in his favor among the less affluent members of society.

Personally, I think smoking is about as important as eye color when it comes to predicting a person's success as a president. In other words, not at all.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You can't be this naive can you? Of course it's propaganda.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimm703
reply to post by drock905

you guys forgot the fact that a president must be way better than an regular person which mean less bad habit , wiser ...blabla i could go on forever . these are signs for psychological weaknesses if i may say

no... I want my president to be one of the people... not some sort of higher being or someone that is above the people...
The president should be one of the people, that way they can deal with the real problems the people are facing.
whether obama is that answer or not, that is what I desire out of a president.

Edit to add:

I've never seen president Bush smoke... but president Bush has been the worst president in America's history imo...

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
He's a chain smoker. The MSM doesn't show that because its not "politically correct" to be a smoker these days. Yes, I smoke.

My sister, who is an Obama supporter and idiot, went to his rally here in Des Moines and saw him smoking.

The main question here is with the media. If they've got him cleaned up to a point where people are asking whether or not he smokes (despite smoking like a chimney), what else is the MSM CLEANING UP about his image?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well, the cigarette might have been photoshopped. Actually, the first time I saw it, I thought to myself, "FAKE! His mouth is closed!"

Here's my question for you... are all his vague, unelaborated promises for "change" photoshopped also? I really don't think so.

Hitler changed Germany. Stalin changed the Soviet Union. Napoleon changed France. Saddam Hussein changed Iraq. So exactly what the hell is Obama promising?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I know I don't understand politics and I often try to avoid it but I don't understand whats all the fuse is about? Who cares if Obama is a muslim, or if he smokes. If we deny him of his rights to follow own beliefs or deny him of his rights to express himself freely, and force him to change to our preference aren't we oppressors ourselves. We are denying the man of the rights given to him by the Constitution.

And Granted all of those ridiculous photos and his past. We're just humans, haven't we done stupid things in our lives before, done things we've regretted. But thats okay, what matters we learned something out of it and changed for the better.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks, I was going to post the real photo but you beat me to it.
I mean posting a fraud to debate a fraud is...just sooooo fraudulent.

There are plenty of photos of Obama pledging the flag if anyone cares to do a general search as well.

Also there is nothing wrong or even abnormal about a politician wearing the ethnic garb of the foreign people they visit. Like our current President has:

So does this photo make Bush a communist, a terrorist, a Buddhist, or even...Vietnamese? Absolutely not. Just makes him look kinda creepy but no worries he did try and humor the people and their customs. That is just polite for any foreigner and goes a long way with the natives I've noticed when traveling abroad. I'm just glad Bush didn't vomit on anyone like his dad did on the Prime Minister of Japan in 92'. He may have utterly ruined our status and standing with our friends overseas but hey...at least he can hold his lunch.

My point in this thread was to show that propaganda is alive and well. We need to examine the documents and be critical of the "proof" being passed of as evidence. There are many that never intend to even appear to play fair during an election. They cheapen the democratic process by voting for a political rival of their party during the primaries in order to keep the fighting between the candidates of the opposite party going. Like how Rush urged many Republicans to do for Hillary and they did by the (sometimes hundred) thousands. Or they circulate lies such as the smoking and upside-down phone photos. Anything goes provided their candidate wins.

To me that is shameful and undemocratic but I understand some look at it as simply politics. I'm just saying I can't do that and would rather critically analyze the candidates and judge them on their words, actions or inactions. Just the facts ma'am, you can keep the smoking Obamas.

How long are we going to continue to be lied to?

After eight years of this leadership I've had my fill of inept liars and ineffective cowardice like from the Dems in the senate.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The fact that this is even a thread on here strongly dissapoints me. I mean we are in the midst of one of the most important presidential elections in decades, and people are still only talking about things that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS. Whether or not Obama smokes should mean very little to the American public, what we should be looking at are the flaws in the policies he plans to implement and the fact that he has the same status on the war as John McCain he just states it differentlly. Obama c,laims he wants to leave Iraq but says that we need to wait for the right time to do so? Personally i think thats a load of # because we've been waiting for that time for what 6 years now? Realize i actuallly do not like Obama as a presidential candidate but the fact that people are only talking about race gender and smoking habits in this election just proves how ignorant and foolish the American public can be.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Who honestly cares if he smokes or not. Many people in history have smoked, and Now Obama was facing all the stigma for his addiction. We all have addictions. Ppl seem to change their values and opinions these days as much as they shed their skin. So easy to manipulate....

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Lol, great expose! The things some people will make or say to prevent Obama from becoming president. Obama is human after all. Maybe he smokes in private because he's worried about the many assassins who are out for him.

I would rather have a president with flaws than a president whose buddies worship Moloch.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
He's not Muslim, he's Christian, remember the crazy Reverends at his church? Please people, keep the hate storys straight.

He is black. Well no actually he is half black, half Irish.
Actually he appears to have been raised more Irish than black. That's probably why he had to hang around a black church in Chicago for 20 years to learn how to relate to black people. I would say he is pretty well qualified to deal with the American population. Last time I looked most Americans past the first generation are not pure anything. That's why we call ourselves American. Got a problem with it, get over it. It's your problem, I ain't interested in it.

I think more highly of him keeping the smoking private.
He is trying to be a good role model. I understand he wears a nicotine patch, and he has been trying to quit for a while. I quit myself about 15 years ago. Its murder.

I tried a hundred times. About once a week for years. It's almost impossible if you drink. I had to quit drinking and smoking to finally beat it.

You have one drink and next thing you know you are looking at a half smoked cigarette in your hand wondering how the hell it got there.

You can see how it would be almost impossible for a politician to quit. All those smoke filled rooms and all those drinks.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join