It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
SR

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The poor souls don't have a chance of evolving in peace now.

This may just go to prove that if we can't leave our own people alone to progress on there own without interference then we are defintely not mature enough as a species to go around the stars and interfere with other planetary lifeforms.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
to all the people saying that this tribe must have had contact with man, have you ever taken geography at school or watched any educational programmes?? EVER ?? the Amazon is huge,( 8,235,430 sq km) in fact there are around 100 of these tribes around the world. All of them untouched by man and most of them are in the Amazon rainforest. There is still a fair bit of the Amazon rainforest that has yet to be explored. Just because we have the technology it does not mean that we have explored every inch of the world yet.

This link details the camp (or what we know of it) pointing out the main features.

And this link gives the full story. Basically the aircraft flew over twice, the first time the natives ran into the forest but when the aircraft returned they had painted themselves red, with the women painting themselves black.

The Brazilian government actively protects and prohibits contact with these tribes but due to deforestation, especially in the peruvian region they are dying out quickly.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have a feeling this tribe is fake.
They arent untouched an are a hoax like when the national geographic s did en.wikipedia.org... .

Its probably either for media publicity or a way for tree huggers to keep the loggers out by making it look like there are people there.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by avriel

just because WE haven't visited them does not mean they have not come across us. This seems to be a hunter gatherer sort of tribe which means they have to go out in order to hunt game. In all that time they most likely have found good places to hunt and bad places to hunt. Also I seriously doubt they havent seen an aircraft or two fly overhead more than a few times.

This would lead to curriosity, and so they would seek out the sorce of this strange thing in the sky and probably ventured onto a town or other place.

Just because We havent been there does not mean they have not been here.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Bows and arrows are known for many thousands of years, there is no need of external help for them to have these kind of weapons.

In fact, those that know more about these things can see that the bows are typical Amazonian bows.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The Amazonian indians are hunters and farmers, if they were just hunters they could not find enough food, unlike what most people think, the Amazonian does not have enough animals to keep even a small tribe.

And as the article (in Portuguese) that I posted before says, they saw that the crops were in good shape and the tribe looks to be doing well.

They saw from the airplane manioc, maize, cotton, banana, sugar cane, potato, papaya, urucu and other things that they could not identify from the air.

They also say that the maloca (the name given to those small villages) has almost twice the people it had 20 years ago.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i remember watching a documentary on a lost tribe in the amazon years ago and when the camera crew got there, the whole tribe were painted and were carrying spears the only thing that let it down was they were all wearing nike shorts and trainers. Give them a cigarette and some alcohol and its bye bye native culture.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

google earth link

Take a look at how far the nearest "civilisation" is and then tell me that they have wandered into a city at some point.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yet again someone does not read my posts carefully enough and goes into a tangent without knowing all the facts. Yes its true they have agriculteral ablilities and yes it's also true that they would not be able to hunt enough animals to sustain themselves. however this is not the diffenition of a hunter gatherer society...

A hunter-gatherer society is one whose primary subsistence method involves the direct procurement of edible plants and animals from the wild, foraging and hunting without significant recourse to the domestication of either. The demarcation between hunter-gatherers and other societies which rely more upon domestication (see agriculture and pastoralism and neolithic revolution) is not a clear-cut one, as many contemporary societies use a combination of both strategies to obtain the foodstuffs required to sustain themselves.
Source:wiki

So in the definition of the term above regarding this tribe, does it not fit the description of how these people live, therefore isnt my definition of them correct?

Soooooo we can also conclude by even your own description of these people that when they do have to hunt the game is hard to come by and in order for them to hunt enough meat for the tribe they probably would have to organise hunting parties and go out far away from the main village. Therefore it is not impossible for them to have come across people or other areas where westernised cultures have taken root.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by avriel

so therefore by google earth being the only listing for any civilization in the area these people could not have possibly wandered onto a dirt road or perhaps a village of people?

Im sorry but from the descriptions given, it sounds like to me that these people have had contact with others and have chosen to keep their way of life. It's not a bad thing, it's just that they have rejected the advances of other civilizations.

The article does even tell that someone on the party had knowledge of these people and had contact with them. This person knew where they were and how to find them. This is contact. just because the government of the country hasnt beaten them into submission yet does not mean that they have had no contact with anyone.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

www.news.com.au

AMAZON Indians from one of the world's last uncontacted tribes have been photographed from the air, with striking images showing them painted bright red and brandishing bows and arrows at a helicopter.

The photographs of the tribe near the border between Brazil and Peru are rare evidence that such groups exist.
(visit the link for the full news article)

We'd do them a huge favor by leaving them the # alone..but it is amazing to see people still living the old ways..

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What a fantastic opportunity to test elements of Ancient Astronaut Theory! We should expose ourselves and our technology to them and pose as gods and then hide monitoring devices in their midst to covertly watch how they perceive it all.

I wonder if they are cannibalistic?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I Totally Agree With You On That Point . It Wont Be Long Before These Beautiful ,Free And Unpolluted Peoples Are Encroached Upon By Some So Called "CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES " In The Attempt To Save Their "IMMORTAL SOULS " From Hell ! I Say Leave These People Alone And Don't Bother Them Ever Again . I SADLY Believe That It Wont Be Long Before Some SCUMBAGS Will Encroach On These Free Spirits And Introduce Them To Our Sickness's And Take Every Advantage Of Them . I Say LEAVE THEM IN PEACE !

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

All in all the likelyhood that this tribe has been undesturbed for all this time is unlikely.

I disagree do you have any clue to just how large that jungle region is?
It could swallow Manhattan island without missing a beat.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
he obviously dont understand how massive the amazon is.

that villiage is seriously like finding a small piece of glass in an uncut football field.

they did 2 fly bys. that explains why they were in war paint on the 2nd, because the first time they saw it they went the [snip] off and got ready for armegeddon... or whatever they call it.

======================
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

yet if one would look at the article aparently they had a guide with them that had been in contact with these people for over 20 years. It's interesting though that this point will be argued even though there is testimony to the fact that these people had at least met with one person from the outside world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is my first post on the subject and clearly shows that these people had at least minimal contact with someone from the outside world. Someone knew they were there and knew how to find them.

Legendary Smoker,
I am aware how large the Amazon is, but I am also aware that this tribe has been known of for quite some time. The OP article even states that an expert in the subject knows of four different tribes in the area.

[edit on 5/30/2008 by whatukno]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I like the Reality Show idea.

How about drop them some objects that they will want to wear, but that also film each other

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I know we are all getting excited about the possibility that it is perhaps a tribe that really has not had any contact with the world, but look closely. Just the simple fact that they have have bows makes you consider the fact that there was an external party that could have helped.

It could be a very orthodox group of people aware of the rest of the world, but rather live incognito.
Excuse Me ? Bow's , Arrow's And Spears have been around since humans have been on this planet ! What makes you think that in order for these Free Spirits to have these tools , That they would have to have been exposed to some outside influences ?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Don't think it too far-fetched to believe that they have been un-molested till now. Does anyone else remember that Japanese soldiers from WW-II were being found for about 35 years after the end of the war?
My belief is these people don't want to know anything about us. If a modern person got close, these guys are on home turf.
How hard could it be for them to have hidden and let said missionary, explorer, rapist of the natural world, to attribute whatever clues they found to a known entity?
I say good for these people! Let them be.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yet again someone does not read my posts carefully enough and goes into a tangent without knowing all the facts.
You're right, I did not read it carefully enough, I did it during my lunch break and I didn't had the time to read as carefully as I should.

Sorry

Therefore it is not impossible for them to have come across people or other areas where westernised cultures have taken root.
It's not impossible, but it's unlikely.

The distance between this maloca and the ones from their nearest neighbours is around 100 kilometres.

Also, the Amazonian Indians like to keep for themselves, they are not too fond of contacting other people.

But according to the responsible for that flying-over, one of the reasons for the bigger settlements after 20 years is the fact that they are leaving their land in the Peru side of the border (where they do not have the same laws protecting the Indians) and they probably had some previous contact with aeroplanes.

I also had misread the Brazilian article, all those plants that they saw (manioc, maize, cotton, banana, sugar cane, potato, papaya, urucu, etc.) were seen in all the malocas, not in this particular case.

In conclusion, these Indians were not really "lost", they were known for 20 years and they probably had contact with "civilised" men, but because these other men contacted them and not the other way around.

PS: I promise I will never answer during my lunch break, it affects my posts and my lunch.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join