It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the deeply religious who feel god has made a change in their lives... answer this

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

if god can use his omnipresence to make a change in YOUR life... why doesn't he do it at least for the kids in third world countries that can't get a *SNIP* meal and die because of it???... i never see religious people talk about this...what are your thoughts on this??? why would God help someone who lives a regular life in a regular apartment with a regular job who has 3 meals a day, and then completely forget about the millions of kids that live in *SNIP* shacks (if there lucky and not livin in the streets) with parents who probably have aids and virtually no income....so not only can the parents not eat, niether can the kids who will then grow up and keep the cycle going

can you please give me a reason as to why god couldnt take the time out of his omnipresent day to help this child???
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

The problem is, you're blaming God for doing evil. God doesn't do evil, and He usually doesn't interact with mankind unless man seeks Him. He appoints the leaders of nations- some to uplift a nation, and some to chastize a nation. Are the leaders or the people of this country seeking Him for help? People that don't humble themselves and ask for help usually don't get it.
The U.N. (great group that they are) says they help the people of countries in need, so where is this child's help? Probably filling some foreign politician's pocket. I feel for the child in the picture, but as many have noted, how could a person look at this and walk away?
Don't blame the sins of man on God.
I have been to countries (ie: Kenya) where a family member is crippled by the family so that they can beg for food.
Man is to blame for atrocities like that shown in the picture, not God.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wow23

Yet you continue to sit there on Sunday or Saturday? You willfully ignore all the good the Catholic church does day in, day out both parishioners and the church itself.

It's not God's job to feed the poor, or clothe them, or to protect them...it's ours. The weak, the sick, everyone who can not help themselves. It's our job to give them the help they need to help themselves...

Blaming God? Or the Church? I quite cheerfully admit to being a deist, neither Catholic, Jew, or Muslim, or anyother for that matter. Neither am I blind to the good that is done in the name of these religions. Harp on about the bad if you will, but y'all might consider the good as well. Like all human institutions there is good along with the bad.

That little childs death was about the most horrific I can imagine, where were we? Where was all this moral outrage?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

A journalist.
They say they don't involve themselves in the story because that would alter it.

I have other choice thoughts about them (journalists), and feel most are cowards hiding behind their credentials.
Take the assassination of JFK reporters riding in the motorcade testified they saw the barrel of a gun sticking out of the window of the TSBD and heard the shots yet did nothing to draw attention to this area. Either they had no conscience or were lying to draw attention to themselves.

God has nothing to with our world, he is omnipotent but is somewhere else and won't return till times up. Then he'll take this all into account and decide if you should get aboard his "house with many rooms" and leave with him.

Yeah god is much like these journalists.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
i can't begin to explain the reasoning behind why, what seems to be needless suffering, occurs in our world. i can't come close to trying to justfy why God does the things He does. in fact, i don't believe anyone on this entire plane of existence can do such a thing.
in order for things to co-exist in this universe, there must be a balance between light and dark, good and evil, north and south, between two opposites.

in february this year, an incerdible friend of mine drowned in flood waters. he was younger than me and 100 times the person i could ever be in his beautiful nature, and in a split second in time, it seemed, he just disappeared from our existence. i say OUR existence because i believe he is still existing in essence on another plane of existence. in sub-space, if you will. i know that even though i can't see his physical body with me right now, that he is still around, watching, acting up, being himself. i believe things exist in essence before physical form. what is so hard to believe about this??

all i can tell you is that there are huger things in this universe, things that we simply just couldnt comprehend. things that are far beyond our understanding and acceptance. why there is only love and peace and no suffering or cruelty in this world is one of these things - for the moment.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
In the bible and quran g-d says:I help those who help themselves.So, find some water and food.Nice picture of an african,but it makes me think you maybe racist,you could have put up a white,black,mexican or asian kid from america or england,france or even denmark.Where are you from,are there no poor people where you live,go buy them some food!quit blaming me i'm only one G-d.

ps. you should be more like G-d and dont speak

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
when everything goes right its god's divine power if something goes wrong god acts in mysterious ways.why should we think on such lines ?at end of the day you have to look inside your heart to know where your beliefs are .try to find the divine power within you rather finding fault at the imperfect world we have created.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here is the reason... since I see there is very few understanding in here...

Most people like me who have seen this change in our lives... ( IT'S NOT MATERIAL BUT SPIRITUAL )

which means that change has nothing to do with food or goods because God is not as concerned with that then the state ofthe soul, and alot of those souls who suffer may die young but that's not always a bad thing because their souls are prepared through suffering..

yet us here are not always prepared spiritually...

If the body is sick and the soul isn't they are in better shape then the ones who are healthy with a sick soul..'

peace

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My teenage daughter was chatting with a girl online the other day. The girl asked my daughter if she believed in god. My daughter said 'no'. The girl went on to say that she just got a new computer because she prayed to god and he answered her prayer.

My daughter told her, " Well, I bet those starving children in Africa will be glad to know god answered someone's prayers."

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Good grief - I hadn't checked this thread for a while and I am amazed that its not only still going - but that folk who are believers have such a poor opinion of God....

Jhn 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

God does no killing in this world - He has no death to give us because there is no death in Him nor does HE "allow" suffering...we have been given absolute free will to choose and it is humans with the enthusiastic assistance of the adversary - satan - who steal, kill, destroy and cause untold suffering...the reason those children are suffering is because humans and their f-ing governments cannot yet find the collective will to put a stop to it...has nothing to do with God...

yet there are many many people of conscience who are working diligently and risking their lives everyday to bring an end to this kind of suffering..and I thank God for them....even the photographer ( God rest his soul) who snapped the shot of that child is part of that process by bringing it to our attention...to judge him harshly is of absolutely no use except to satan...

In regards to the original question:
A better question to ask might be - Do those of you who say you love God and value what He has done in your life love your neighbor as He commanded? And since this child is your neighbor what have you done to help her?

A quick google will give many avenues of action both secular and faith based to take on behalf African children...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Disney

This is known as the Recognition Theodicy. Here's my reply. What if a rabbit, for example, dies horribly and nobody notices? It doesn't work in this case. Try again.

P.S. So God needs evil. Why so much of it?

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join