It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the deeply religious who feel god has made a change in their lives... answer this

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
you must remember that to the father a day is like a thousand years

those who fall asleep will not know the tribulation that we who are alive may suffer
those who have passed on will be with the lord when they pass from the liveing
we are only on this earth for a short while
you confuse the works of the deceiver with those of the christ,
the devil went to and fro on the earth and spoke to god
"have you considered your servent job?"
HE the serpent is the king of this present world
it is HE that asks for the starvation of some and the prosperity of others so to confuse those who suffer neither in order to sway them to his way
God is the alfa and the omega
he also knows that which is in between
the christ died once, for all
as a believer in the holy bible i understand that it is not for us to tempt god but to be wary of the devil and his power
he was created as a shineing star top of the class and best of show
so he is a very smart advisary
there will be famins and pestilentces and earth quakers in divers places
then will the end come
read the story of the rich man and the begger (luke 16 /19-31)
this shows the love god has for even those who are by human standards are considered poorer than i or you
god consideres the cattle who are to give birth and knows of their pain of labor how much more he knows the pain of a human being who is starving to death hour by hour
the poor are amoung you always

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by AlexG141989

Can you lay off the photographer please. You known nothing about Kevin Carter or his work and yet you make these statements like you're some authority on what he should or should not have done. Do you know why he walked away? I'm sure you dont so let me fill you in.

Kevin carter was one of the best (if not the best) of the modern war photographers. His work is now crucial to anyone wanting to document the incredibly violent struggles in South Africa for example. He was the first photographer to ever capture a 'necklacing' execution for example, and the only photographer at the time (white or black) with the courage to enter the townships when they were under siege. Many of the iconical photographs of the South African struggles were taken by Kevin Carter.

So why did he walk away from the girl in Sudan? Well, when he received much criticism over the photo and people complained he replied; "You people just don't understand, you only see a small image, if I could show you the full picture you would have seen hundreds more people on their knees and crawling to find help. Which one should I have picked up?"

Before you complain any further about his actions at least read 'The Bang-Bang Club: Snapshots from a Hidden War' by Greg Marinovich and Joao Silva and you will gain a much greater understanding of Kevin Carter and his incredible work.

yes i know now, i read about him a few days ago after posted this... i take back any negative thing i said about him... but at first impression without knowing anything about him, what was I to think???

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
CS Lewis said he was an atheist primarily for the reason of all the injustice in the world that he perceived.

Until one day he asked himself - this question.

The world is not just compared to what?

What are you judging by that says this world is not just? That is the question that led him from atheism to theism. From there he became one the most prolific and influential Christian apologists of all time. In addition to a being a great writer of fiction and professor at Oxford.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If there was a bridge and on the other side was the most horible death ever, and everyone knew about this bridge, how many would cross it? Probally no one. The point being, if there is a god, why is he so secretive? He should make himself known like that bridge and promise that same horrible death if pople dont take care of each other! Telling people they should live under the "belief" that they will go to hell is a lot different if they knew for sure! Imagine how great the world would be if God showed himself and that his wrath is 100% real. Kind of hard to believe when he "allows" things to get so out of hand.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
^ And the exact opposite happened to me and most atheist. Went directly from being a theist to, atheist.

I mean no disrespect, but I hope I disrespect some religious folks' religions. Why? Because they have very little respect for others' views, perspectives, beliefs etc. I feel comfortable returning the favour.

I'm reading a lot of things that don't make sense...mostly by the religious folk.
In the Bible, God says children are innocent and cannot be held accountable for what they do not know. This same God also says that if anyone does not admit that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Saviour and accepted him into your heart, as well as acknowledge that God is the one and only true God, you will not be seeing Heaven...period. I'm confused now. Maybe someone can clear this up for me. I'll be waiting...I'm pretty good with the Bible...I like to pull up contradictions in it just to cause some disturbance in the minds of people who don't think about what they're following.

Then, I read another say that God's way of helping these children is by sending man as a vessel to help them...and he cannot help those who do not seek or ask for his help. Those who cannot ask for him to be a part of their lives. You say the most God can do is send man to help the child. This is somewhere on page 3 I believe. This makes total sense, doesn't it? No, it doesn't! God is God...the most he can do is anything. What's the matter with him, miracles went out of style or something? Almighty feats that marvel science are now dated and God finds them uncool? What about the many folk who know nothing of God...they will get no help< because they do not know of him to ask for him? So, the folks who know nothing...will have to live...and suffer, until they die, to get to Heaven(A place that is proven to exist because it is written in a book of contradictions and some of it makes no sense at all). And what happens if you haven't accepted God into your heart and confessed your sins and acknowledge that he is the Lord God Almighty? According to the perfect book(book of no error and all things in it are timeless, because God's word doesn't change) people who know nothing of God...have no chance of going to Heaven. According to this book, if you never knew nothing of God, when you die, you will only know of Hell. Maybe Satan will tell you...if you only knew. LOL

This is rediculous. God helps many people with no intervention with man(Many Christians claim to have miraculous miracles that God himself did, that they saw, with their 2 eyes, with no human intervention). But God cannot help these people why?

This is the same God that says women have no voice in church and should not be preaching the gospel. So, if these kids are to know about God...a male human must be the only one to show this to them. This is the same God that created Adam, Eve, Cain and Abel...only. Cain kills Abel and he goes off to Nod to find his wife and bare children? A wife that is not accounted for. Where did Cain's wife come from?

This is the same God that says sexual deviants and homosexuals should be killed, and that he makes all humans perfect, at birth, but recent studies show that transsexualism is a birth defect in the brain? Is this the same God?

My mother always wants to watch some Christian shows...where they sing and shout and praise the Lord. She says it fills the house with the power of the Holy Ghost. I always wondered what's so wrong with watching some Indian worship and filling the house with the power of Shiva?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'll not comment on the whys or whims of an entity that I do not believe exists nor will I comment on the writings of a book that I believe to be historical fiction at best. However, I would like to add a comment or two and I would add that those aggressive folks out there temper yourselves and consider what I'm saying.

1. Everyone MUST die of something at some point. People have HUGE issues with mortality and make all sorts of indignant and combative comments based on that perspective. Does that mean I support the suffering of these people? No. I hate suffering, BUT I do see death as a solution if the situation is dire enough. In this case, it prolly was not. I wasn't there. The last thing these people need are more saviors. They need helpers; that are willing to help these people help themselves. Teach a man to fish...etc. You religious folks going on missions are really out to spread "the word of god" in the guise of helping children or whoever. Dogmatic adherence to organized religious constructs are a poison that seeks to keep you, and others you perceive to be in lesser circumstances, in victimhood requiring a savior. Most people are obsessed with life and fear death (they don't know what will happen to them at death) and will do ANYTHING at ANY cost to stay alive. That is disturbing at best but understandable given the popular perspectives.

2. Those of you castrating the photographer: Given his suicide, I think it shows that, ultimately, the photographer has more heart and conscience than your interpretation of his pics give. So he gives food to the kid, good for him. What then? Take him home to the states? Put him up for adoption? How about the rest of them? Does he have enough food for them? What about the ones that are aggressive and see him giving the kid food and not them?

As for me since I'm sure some of you have formed your opinions and think you have me pegged: My belief structure has no label and can not be attributed to a religious construct and is ultimately irrelevant as far as you are concerned. I do NOT fear death at ALL. Not for myself and not for others. ALL bodies MUST die, get over it. Do what you can for yourself and those still alive but have the maturity to assess a situation properly and stop ASSuming everyone wants/needs to be saved. We all have our own paths to follow, even that child and if his path is to experience starvation, may it be until death or temporarily, so be it. It is NOT your call. Would I have helped that kid by giving him food? Sure, if I had any on me. What else could one be expected to do without considering the plight of the rest of the folks in that childs community? And so what if he didn't help the kid? Does that make him an asshole that deserves to suffer for his in action? THINK, people, think about what you are saying and WHY before you just spew more social programming and call it an "opinion."

[edit on 30-5-2008 by observer28]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OP i feel nlike i can share your view as well as anyone while i dont know why injustices are allowed i know it upsets me maybe it is for motivational purposes.....maybe its just a taunt. regardless we most likely are on the verge of.....something i really dont have alot of cofidence that it will be a change for the better, my reasoning is what have we done to deserve or earn anything better

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Maybe God keeps expecting us to put evil in it's place, Yet all we can do is sit back and blame it all on God.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Instead of picking on God, what have any of us done to cure what we criticize God for not doing? This world has known suffering from time immemorial. Nature itself creates conditions we perceive to be terrible; yet do we not multiply so as to overrun and pollute the Earth on the pretext of subjugation? God gets a lot of blame for pain people cause. We appear created out of the primordial soup, and perhaps Gods Will is that we prove our worthiness to further evolve. Humanity can do so much better than we have done, but it is pointless to attempt to shift the blame to God.
Sadly, despots frequently misappropriate what little aid that is sent. Most of us end up being somewhat selfish just to survive, but your post is an excellent reminder that we should all participate in solutions. Yet it remains better to continue to strive for growth along spiritual lines. In the final analysis, the God of my understanding is all loving.
Recommended liberating reading by John Shelby Spong, "Jesus for the Non-Religious."

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

can you please give me a reason as to why god couldnt take the time out of his omnipresent day to help this child???

I am very insecure about food. I remember starving to death in the dark recesses of my memories, and I get nearly hysterical when I get hungry. That is a memory that comes back to me, time and time again.

When a person starves to death, that experience itself strengthens the desire of the Soul to live on. God allows us to experience experiences that strengthen the Soul.

That child is not lost, who wants to live on despite anything and everything.

May God bless her as I have been blessed, with a strong desire to keep on going.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
thats pretty nice sarcastic

it still doesnt help me believe any more
but it is very optimistic

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have never believed in the God in the old testimant or any bodies version. Everyone believes in winners and losers, spiritually and economically. But God being the total of all the energy in the universe/multiverse and perhaps more, is the most intelligent and loving Being there is. By distributing His/Her being to form all that is and us, God has also distributed responsibilities to us, and we do have a code in our hearts. The reason so many can't unite to end things like this is because our political systems have been hijacked. I have been ready to march to overthrow our governments every time a crisis, the kurdish people during the gulf war, and the death of their children while they were attempting to exit the situation. And no one helped them. I was near the end of my second pregnancy and was frantic that aid be given to these people. By the time my son was born, most of their children had starved to death. I talked to many people and none of them got it that the governments and their policies were the problem and they had to be removed with force if they didn't act quickly. God works through us, and we evolve slowly. This reality is like a school and unless people get politics a little faster, many are going to be repeating the grade.The only thing I think would wake people up would be if they form across the nation an emergency government of their own creation, and be prepared to KICK THE BAD GUYS OUT by force if necessary.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
As for the picture it’s a good advert to get people to help and the situation of the photographer is something personal and we don't know. We should not blame the photographer, I bet he did not see just one kid dying at the time he must have seen lots and you can not help everyone if being one person amongst many suffering. Who says no one was helping? We don't know the story from the snap shot from the perspective and intervals of the time and what else was seen and who came or did not come to help.

Sometimes God will judge nations and sometimes he lets nations who reject God do it alone and fall under their own weight. Some learn and try to better their nations while others interfere and bring it on others and show an example of man's incompetence without God. It's an example of sin and freedom of choice without God rather than an example of God having full control of us. When there are certain threats to God's plans and people he will show the world an example of his presence and the rest its down to freedom of choice of justice and injustice world. Eventually people will have to unite as a people and treat each other well as God will see if man can do it on his own and if the opposite happens as the Bible states then Jesus or what ever God you believe will have to save Earth and mankind in the end.

SR

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Why do again and again people deny God is a murderer the bottom line fact it's a murderer.

Hitler, Stalin and Mao murder into the millions and are generally acknowledged as 'evil' yet God murders into the millions and is worshiped and seen as perfect with people making excuses for every logical fallacy placed upon it within the books desciribing this 'GOD' like entity.

No amount of asisne belief can deny the very facts within your own books you can't choose or pick the good parts that suit your agenda and then pretend the other parts didn't happen.

Either this entity that you use these books as evidence to prove it exists follows the restrictions and logical fallacies placed upon it in said books or

Otherwise this perfect being exists and doesn't follow any of the restrictions and logical fallacies placed upon it within the books because they are works of fiction and outright lies and no one has had contact with it.

You can try and spin it anyway you want to deny the facts but why?? Murder is murder after all...no amount of justification can change that simple fact. Otherwise let's release every person in jail that's murdered. If we can purpertrate the reek of hypocricsy with an invisible entity.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
OP, so we can ask "Why did God not do something when His Son was manhandled and killed?" It was to set us all free from these things and to give us an awesome eternal life where we won't ever see, feel or experience things of this world, things of the flesh.

We think and worry of our short life on earth and forget the real big picture. To say we never see people of The Supreme talking and doing things to help such children ain't true. You honestly do not know true followers who do not follow man but God alone, those who's "day job" and lives are about helping with famine, disasters, warzones etc. The thing is they do it out of their heart and love, not for money or fame.

[edit on 6/1/2008 by qonone]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Maybe "God" just doesn't like black people? No, maybe "god is just disgusted with the human race in general becauase humans have turned religion into a business and if "God" did try to help a bunch of mindless religious businessmen would try to make a lot of money off of it. So, "God" is damned if he does help and damned if he doesn't help. We cannot blame "God" for everything... The world has become a sad and somber place...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Put the blame where it belongs. On the people of the region unable to worked together like adults and create a stable government so people can thrive. If they don"t have a working society it is their shortcoming, not the world's. Worse, even after help they can't get their act together.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Straight Razor]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

if god can use his omnipresence to make a change in YOUR life... why doesn't he do it at least for the kids in third world countries that can't get a *SNIP* meal and die because of it???... i never see religious people talk about this...what are your thoughts on this??? why would God help someone who lives a regular life in a regular apartment with a regular job who has 3 meals a day, and then completely forget about the millions of kids that live in *SNIP* shacks (if there lucky and not livin in the streets) with parents who probably have aids and virtually no income....so not only can the parents not eat, niether can the kids who will then grow up and keep the cycle going

can you please give me a reason as to why god couldnt take the time out of his omnipresent day to help this child???

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

Oh my, that picture is hard to look at. And we are complaining about food going up a few pence/cents. If there is a good, he needs to step into things like this. From my part as a Catholic, I know why my church does not speak up about it, because if they did the plates would not be full of a sat and sunday and their billions would start to decrease. They are to interested in filling their own pockets to worry about the poor. Oh, and not lets not forget that chgild abuse that goes on in it either. Yeah, God works in wonderful ways, does in her?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
OP, so we can ask "Why did God not do something when His Son was manhandled and killed?" It was to set us all free from these things and to give us an awesome eternal life where we won't ever see, feel or experience things of this world, things of the flesh.

We think and worry of our short life on earth and forget the real big picture. To say we never see people of The Supreme talking and doing things to help such children ain't true. You honestly do not know true followers who do not follow man but God alone, those who's "day job" and lives are about helping with famine, disasters, warzones etc. The thing is they do it out of their heart and love, not for money or fame.

[edit on 6/1/2008 by qonone]

Are you hearing yourself? You're that brainwashed by your Bible. Think about what you read, logically(in all things, this includes your Bible).

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

What part of helping the poor for Jesus do you find brainwashing?
You don't understand, because you're not born-again.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join