It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Mars Pictures from Phoenix lander!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
See we're getting the same old same 'Red' planet rubbish, or may be it was a very windy day and kicked up all that RED dust?

Tch tch now you know fine well its all to do with the filters they use and that even the blue swatch on the pancam calibration unit will show up as magenta due to the colour response of the dyes........how many times do we have to tell you!

Now I know that an auto white balanced image can be taken with every camera on every phone on the planet these days BUT there's no phone signal on Mars so those types of camera cannot be used.

Surely you don't believe that NASA would perpetuate a myth created by an incorrect assumption 40 years ago that has resulted in decades of scientists reputations anchored to a red sky...do you?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
You wanna see people on mars?

Have a look at this:

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Pictures 2 - 4.

Why didn't the Pheonix Land there?

See other strange stuff on mars at:

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Jinni]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
how come there not like shots from the moon where the
sky is not there and it is space that we see.

Mars has an atmosphere... it has clouds... and it has blue skies... this has been covered in many threads and on my site...

U2U me and i will link you up, no need to drag it in here...

On the Phoenix Lander....

This is supposed to have landed in the polar region
I see the usual reddish sand and rock... where is the water ice and/or C02 ice?

THIS is the polar region...

There are Geysers in the Polar region as the CO2 ice melts....

THIS is what I expected to see....

I have hundreds of images from Malin showing the geysers...

Where is the ICE

Well already some are quick on the uptake

Phoenix Lander Images Already Censored By NASA?
Oh what tales NASA can weave, after practicing to deceive...
By Ted Twietmeyer

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
I find it incredibly hard to believe that all that ground is sterile and without life!

I find it incredibly hard to believe that with all the fantastic terrain they showed us on Malin Space Systems and HiRISE that they would pick YET ANOTHER flat featureless area with the same red sand and rocks that looks like the Nevada dessert colorized

THIS is the polar region according to Malin...

Ice as far as you can see... black spots that change with the season... melting areas that look like lakes... and the geysers of black sand as the CO2 ice levitates and holes appear allowing the gas to blow out the dust below

Why are we spending millions to see more 'false color' images of the same rocks?

Why not look here?

or here?

And have you noticed EVERYONE has all but forgotten about the Chinese and Japanese Moon Probes...

Why... because they are not sending us anything new...

THIS was found by ESA in the polar region.... why don't we check it out? ESA told us this was a lake of frozen water ice...

But no... can't do that...

Instead they show us THIS... nothing not even a hill, or a crater, as far as you can see... what's here to explore?

And you can bet that within a few days you will hear all the comments in this thread on how fantastic these new images are

[edit on 26-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's always great to see new images from mars no matter how many rocks and flat area's there are.
I have a worry that NASA will not release anything of an strange nature untill they feel it isn't a threat to us on earth.
i'm a believer that if something is there it will show it self whether it's covered up or not

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Amazing to me how NASA lands a robot spacecraft in a polar region, and the pictures are showing RED DIRT instead of WHITE FROZEN ICE. When you visit the northern parts of Canada in the winter You see WHITE ICE and SNOW, not Dark colored dirt that lies beneath it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
Amazing to me how NASA lands a robot spacecraft in a polar region, and the pictures are showing RED DIRT instead of WHITE FROZEN ICE. When you visit the northern parts of Canada in the winter You see WHITE ICE and SNOW, not Dark colored dirt that lies beneath it.

Watch the video on their website.

When its the right time the entire area becomes frozen. Since the area has been defrosted they have decided to land there. In a few months everything will be frozen, the sun will be blocked out again and then it's game over for the Phoenix Lander.

That's why they are racing against the clock to do the digging and analyse the samples.

Here are some interesting Mars pics

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

Who told you that? the news? I Dont believe a word that comes out of nasa, I reckon they found plenty of artifacts and ruins on mars, they know alot more than there letting on i can tell you that!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Right on, Someone in here has a brain.. Thanks

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
in this image...

the egg shaped rock bottom left looks like its moved, there is a depresion in the ground the same shape.

what do you think?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Remember that when Phoenix was landing, it was using pulse rockets. These could certainly move a lot of loose rocks around, and also could be what would account for the dust on the lander pads shown in the images already released.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I've attached here a Pic from Phoenix and circled two items. One looks like a sphere or ball on the ground. The other I can't tell what it looks like. Can someone clean up the spherical one? Looks perfectly round on my crappy screen. I'm at work and can't enhance pictures. Everyone knew these rock inquries would be flying around soon enough. (:

Here's circled Pic:

Here's Link:
Phoenix Sphere Link

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Quazi176]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm so thrilled that The Phoenix successfully landed on Mars!

How very, very exciting!

One other thing too. I read in this Washington Post article about the landing that

In addition to its sophisticated cameras, soil retrievers and mini-laboratories, Phoenix carried on its journey a mini-DVD created by the Planetary Society called "Visions of Mars." It holds a library of science fiction stories and art, as well as the names of more than 250,000 people.
ad_icon

The DVD, featuring the likes of Carl Sagan, Arthur C. Clarke and Ray Bradbury, is made of material designed to last for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

www.washingtonpost.com...

So I'm just wondering but why did NASA include that DVD with that sci-fi library on it and the names of 250,000 people?

My first thought is that they are not ruling out that perhaps sentient life currently exist on Mars ... or that perhaps other intelligent life from other galaxies are visiting Mars too. Can anyone shed some light on this?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazi176
I've attached here a Pic from Phoenix and circled two items. One looks like a sphere or ball on the ground. The other I can't tell what it looks like. Can someone clean up the spherical one? Looks perfectly round on my crappy screen. I'm at work and can't enhance pictures. Everyone knew these rock inquries would be flying around soon enough. (:

Here's circled Pic:

Here's Link:
Phoenix Sphere Link

You can find a higher resolution image at the ESA portal

What I notice regarding the 2 items that you have circled is this:

1. Sphere - while the resolution is low, the spheroidal shape could be due to blurring. It looks like it is not in contact with the ground, however, but rather above the ground, which is really interesting.

2. White object in distance - there appears to be some "drop-out" in that portion of the image, or something. There is a line of pixels that are totally white and are part of the upper-left of the image. I suppose it could be some sort of a reflection which would be too bright for the imager to resolve properly.

Just to the lower right of the image it appears that there is a slight shadow, but again, the resolution is too low to really tell.

Both are interesting, but I wonder, along with others, why we continue to send low resolution cameras to Mars? My phone has higher resolution than what we have placed on the Phoenix (assuming that these images are representative of the maximum resolution and that they have not been reduced for online presentation).

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

ummm....you know that Mars is a different planet, right?

Besides, head to the south pole on Earth to see dirt instead of ice. There is even a fossilized walrus next to a pond somewhere down there.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazi176

I blew up that image for you ... hope this helps (see arrows):

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wang_ke_~

Thanks Wang. Now that doesn't look round to me. That cleared it up.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Are you kidding? Do you believe what you just said. It is defrosted now? And when the time is right it will freeze again?
This is the polar region we are talking about. There is no defrosting cycle. It is supposed to be frozen and stay frozen. Lets say what you are saying is true, where is the water then? Did it go in the ground? and if so, what is it doing waiting to resurface and freeze again.? That is the most insane statement ive heard on the subject. When ice melts, it creates water. And water collects in pools. So show me the water. Looks pretty flat there. So i dont know where it would go. Ok, Ok. Im done making my point. Just read back that statement and then tell me how absurd it sounds.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
reply to post by Jinni

Are you kidding? Do you believe what you just said. It is defrosted now? And when the time is right it will freeze again?
This is the polar region we are talking about. There is no defrosting cycle. It is supposed to be frozen and stay frozen. Lets say what you are saying is true, where is the water then? Did it go in the ground? and if so, what is it doing waiting to resurface and freeze again.? That is the most insane statement ive heard on the subject. When ice melts, it creates water. And water collects in pools. So show me the water. Looks pretty flat there. So i dont know where it would go. Ok, Ok. Im done making my point. Just read back that statement and then tell me how absurd it sounds.

No, I'm not kidding.

See the official NASA PHEONIX LANDER page at:

www.nasa.gov...

The movie is "Mars Landing Challenge -- Big Science Ahead" about 3/4 of the way through "Deborah Bass" explains what I just said. And she is also supported by Peter Smith.

Who looks absurd now!

If you have an issue with the science then take it up with NASA or God.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ok,

First of all, the Phoenix mission is not there to explore any part of the martian surface horizontally. The sole purpose of this mission was to dig for samples underneath the surface where most of the frozen ice and Co2 lies.

Second of all, this also isn't a mission to satisfy your curiosity by landing on some dune just to show you that it is what everyone thought it was - a dune. They are not spending hundreds of millions of dollars to go to places when they already know whats there. The idea is to find life, not take a single 360 panoramic picture of sand dunes.

Thirdly, until there is some solid proof, there is no conspiracy here about doctored images or censored images or even fake coloring. NASA themselves even stated that they use color-correcting measures to make sure they get an accurate image. They also change the filters to better suit the lighting.

You guys have some very, very active imaginations. If they find life, they will let you know. They certainly aren't going to find it in the places some of you would stick the probe in, thats for sure and they certainly aren't going to censor the news if they find life because thats the whole damn point of this mission.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join