It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Virginia Nuclear Power plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just happened to see this on the Mufon web site.
Here is the link, wonder if anyone else saw or heard about this?

SURRY COUNTY NUCLEAR POWER PLANT, SURRY, VIRGINIA, MONDAY, MAY 19, 2008

NUFORC received a very interesting report this morning, on May 19, of a sighting of a strange disc allegedly seen in the vicinity of the Surry Nuclear Power Plant, in SURRY COUNTY, VIRGINIA. We provide below a link to a page, which describes that facility: www.virginiaplaces.org...

Traditionally, we do not post reports immediately upon receipt, given that even dramatic sightings often end up having some terrestrial explanation. However, in this case, the witness is a skilled scientist (retired), and he was able to observe the object for a considerable length of time, up to 20 minutes, he estimates.

The original report, submitted before we spoke to the witness via telephone, can be read here:

Date: 05/19/08T
Time: 12:20
Duration: 12-20 minutes
Sighting City: Surry County
Sighting State: va
Sighting County: USA
Witnesses: 1
Shape: Disk
Number of Craft: 1

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Has anyone identified this aircraft? I was on the James River Bridge about 12:15 or 12:20, Monday May 19th when I glanced up the river and saw a bright silver object near the army base. I continued watching as I came over the bridge to see if it moved but couldn't conclude that it did. I did some searching for military aircraft and came up with Mulitmax's Star Lite. This craft was the only thing that came close to what I saw.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
If it's near a military base then I would be willing to bet that it's just an aircraft that you've never seen before. It's the same with "Area 51". It was just a testing facility and people thought they saw UFOs but they were just aircrafts they haven't seen before that were produced by the military, not another world.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I have read the full report at nuforc.org and can say for sure this was no military craft -- especially since I live a few miles from where the witness was -- I also know the area better than the locals.

This is very consistent with the pattern I have inferred from reading hundreds of UFO reports; they are attracted to anything nuclear. Why this is, I don't know. I could only guess:

- entity military intelligence (humans are in trouble if that's the case)
- something from the nuclear material affects the entity's material (i.e. craft, parallel 4th dimensional world) or psychological capabilities (maybe positively...maybe negatively)
- entities are concerned about environmental effects of nuclear programs on human welfare (maybe because they love us....maybe because they want to harvest our brains and livers for food)

I really hope for the positive and maybe it's the pessimist in me, but I have a bad feeling about this.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A follow-up from the witness has been published

FIRST FOLLOW-UP COMMUNICATION FROM WITNESS

Mr. Davenport,

I've already done some of the things you suggested. I called the Ft. Eustis Public Affairs Office and was told by a very helpful female officer that there are no Osprey flying out of Ft. Eustis at this time. She knew of none even being stationed at the base, though their fleet of SAR helicopters is slated to be replaced by Osprey at some future date. She then told me that she'd heard from some fellow soldiers that they'd seen what they thought was the Goodyear blimp flying near Patrick Henry Mall in Newport News. Could it have been a blimp, I wondered? I did not see any writing on its sides, but who knows, I might have missed it. I checked the online photos and I think that I would have seen those bold, yellow letters even from that distance. And, if it was a blimp, why would it be hanging out near a nuclear power plant?

I then called the Patrick Henry Mall management office and asked them what they knew of the Goodyear blimp being in their area and was told they'd heard nothing about it, and that their security personnel did not report seeing one. The spokesperson said that if the blimp had been in their area they would have known about it, because of the publicity it would have generated. I then tried to get in contact with Goodyear, but they, unfortunately do not have a contact phone number. I left them an email message.

Perhaps they'll respond.

The local police have no reports of UFOs over the river and were not interested in taking mine down. (I could hear the borderline ridicule in the dispatcher's voice).

I called our two local papers, but to date I'm the only one to have reported anything unusual at Surry.

The rest of the follow up can be found here

It seems that there are some problems with the Goodyear blimp explanation ...

[edit on 7/7/2008 by internos]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I used to live in the Hampton Roads area and I do remember the blimp being moored at Norfolk Int'l Airport, not saying it is or isn't the explanation just giving some FYI.

I will go take a search and see if I can verify this.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Thank you so much for keeping up on this story. Your sure on top of things. Thanks again for the info. I have a feeling there is more to this story.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Did a quick check and Goodyear lists three airship home bases, Ohio, Florida and California.

Most likely the blimp was in Norfolk on a visit when I saw it, I didn't see them there frequently.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I am the person who reported the UFO on 5-19-2008. I've been reading some of the replies and speculation with interest, but I can assure the skeptics that what I saw was not a military aircraft (unless we have something 300-500 long that can hover and accelerate on a dime) or a gas-bag airship.

Just to make sure, I called Goodyear Airship Operations that same day and was told that their nearest airship "The Spirit of Innovation" was in South Carolina that day. I also called MetLife and they had nothing in the Chesapeake region either. I've seen both of these airships over the years and what I saw was nothing at all like them. As I said, what I saw was perfectly smooth, had no writing on the sides, had no tail assembly, had no crew cabin hanging from the belly, nor did it have propellers or make any noise whatsoever.

I knew at the time that it was not an airship, but I went to the trouble of placing the calls anyway because I knew that this would come up. These were not the only calls I made that day. I also called Surry Power Station security, Ft. Eustis, Patrick Henry Mall, Norfolk Flight Approach, and the local police.

I do wish to say here that in the frenzied aftermath of my sighting I did make two factual errors. The first was to call the UFO a disc, it was actually much longer than wide, and the second was to say that it flew above the power station. Whoever was piloting this craft made certain to hover just beyond the perimeter of the station at tree level and maintained that position for a good 15 minutes. I do not know if base security was even aware of its presence. I never saw any indication of an alarm being sounded or any attempt made to interdict it.

If you wish to read my sighting report in its entirety please go to the UFOSeek Forum and look under UFO Sightings. My handle is Flieger356. I have found this a particularly good venue to discuss UFOs. There are no self-appointed gatekeepers or overbearing personalities to contend with.

I may be contacted privately at [email protected].

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I would like to talk to you about what you saw. Please contact me at [email protected] if you are still interested. I am the author of the original sighting report. I stand by my report. It was an alien craft.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Flying discs in the immediate area of nuclear power plants is quite common. There was very signifificant incident in Clearwater Florida where a disc landed in the lake, right next to the nuclear power plant. The disc did not have enough charge left to continue on to it's underwater hangar underneath the power plant (where the craft is housed and charged). Many witnesses reported this to nuforc, but the local news made nothing of the incident. There have also been multiple sightings in north eastern Connecticut of discs emerging from a riverbed right next to a nuclear power plant. The ufo in in Italy video (one of best peices of footage ever captured) is also exiting an underground hangar that is part of a dried up river bed, which is in the area of a nuclear power plant. It is safe to assume that these very high tech flying devices derrive their power from the faciluties in which they are housed. It would then be logical to assume that engineers that work at said power stations perhaps maintain and fly these aircraft, along with the aliens that are so popular on this forum.

top topics

join