It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

Great find, I am not so crazy after all LOL. I will say it again Mars is loaded with anomalies and current lifeforms. This is a tiny statue carving more than likely made by what I call the tiny Sandmaries. If you will look to the right of the yellow rectangular border you encompassed for the Egyptian looking statue you will see another carving edged into the rock. Rik Riley

[edit on 17-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There´s something else. If you look at the bottom of the stone structre (almost but not quite the bottom of the picture) and scroll it to about the middle, there´s a kind of platform.

Anybody else see that? If not I´ll try to get a snapshot of it in.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mrRviewer

If you take a look at this picture and look in the lower left hand corner..you can see another face like structure. WOW

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Look at the very right hand side of the main formation. See about 3/4 of the way up where it looks like a road is cut in slanting down from right to left? It's at the bottom of the 'road'.

Top notch find op. When I first seen it, I thought 'that's really neat but, looks like it could have formed naturally'. After seeing the original and the 'road' leading to it, I'm not so sure. -Bravo

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I see it!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Any idea what the scale if this is? I might be wrong but it looks to be small.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

yes, thats the "platform" I meant.

This whole area is interesting.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
also to look at the original scroll all the way down and see the rock bed that the robot is standing on and that rock looks like its covered in some kind of moss/fungus or barnacle like substance or dare i say... life. this picture is filled with oddities. and it looks like some spots were tampered with and smudged a bit. wonder if there was even better stuff on this thing then we have seen?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is an awesome find!!

Star and flag! I wonder how NASA will explain this one away....

The face on the statue kind of looks like Bert from Sesame street.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Hhhmm examples of brushing??

[edit on 17/5/08 by asen_y2k]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
With all the hype of these kinds of things, I don't see why NASA still feels it necessary to hide the truth of an ancient civilization once living on Mars. I would think the general public would be ready to accept this info by now with no mass hysteria.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This "statue" looks natural to me.

If you look around you will see that the "head" of the "statue" (the only thing that makes us think of a statue, the "body" is just a flat area) is a common feature on that photo, there are more rocks looking like that all over the place.

To me, the most interesting feature of that photo is the "platform", although I do not see anything that may show an artificial origin, I do not see how that could have been created.

Nice find, nonetheless.

PS: although I do not have any real idea of the size, those rocks are not big, the rovers do not have cameras with great magnification.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Heres a cheeky little chap. I think someone may have mentioned this one earlier but here is a circled pic. My first Martian face find.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

No, results of the "mathematical combination" of 16 images to create a bigger image.

Edited to change the wording and to point that Internos had already posted a quote from NASA saying how the image was made.

This is not a normal photo, so any artifact will be made more visible than on the original image.

[edit on 17/5/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hey there 'Sky' how goes it ?

Interesting thing about your 'platform' ... have you noticed that it looks to have 2 hairline joints running down parallel either side of the flat surface, as if it is/was movable eg; an access point maybe ? (not to be confused with the thicker, darker lines on either side of the 'platform').

There are more anomolies in this picture alone than pretty much all the other finds put together ... very exciting find OP ... I think this could be very 'BIG' and I'm not just talking about the thread !

Woody

[edit on 17-5-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

yes, noticed.

the flat surface and then the two lines that run down from its edges.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

From the first photo shown on this thread go to the bottom left hand corner of photo go up apprx. 2 inches you will see tiny tiny light colored hieroglyphs go slightly to the right you will see the clear letters L V and to the right of L V you will see the letter V< and less than symbol to the right of V< . Be sure to dim your brightness and contrast to see the hieroglyphs better. Rik Riley

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
With all the hype of these kinds of things, I don't see why NASA still feels it necessary to hide the truth of an ancient civilization once living on Mars.

hype = truth?

fun photo. it definitely looks like one of those statues, but surely it's coincidental. That's a complex rock formation with an infinite number of shapes one could see in it.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Any idea what the scale if this is? I might be wrong but it looks to be small.

A questimate on size of statue is 5 to 6 inches tall. This is how tall I have been saying the Sandmaries, tiny tiny humanoid lifeforms, are in size. First detected by Viking 1 and 2 and next Pathfinder Sojourner mission and now by Spirit and Opportunity. Rik Riley

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jamesder

Hype = possible truth. Nothing is for sure of course....only what I, and others believe.

I can only speak for myself when I say that I believe that there was once life on Mars and that now all that is left is artifacts from that civilization. I do believe NASA has a history of lying to the public about what they have found out there. There has been too many sightings of alien craft from the average joe to top ranking and well respected people to deny it.

There have been photo's that show some things that cannot be explained away as natural formations at least not beyond a shadow of a doubt so the likely of something being there, created by an intelligent species is just as likely.

Maybe it is just a natural formation but maybe its an ancient statue like one of the ones in Egypt. Until you or I are actually standing there looking at it with our own eyes, either scenario is just as valid as the other.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join