It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yes, you're correct. It was obtained by Opportunity. I meant to go back and edit that but it's too late. I also need to correct the description of the four gigapans I linked. Those are not all Cape St.Vincent, but other capes along the crater's edge. One is Cape St. Mary and I don't know the names of the others. Sorry for the errors. I'm very new to Mars research. This has been a very good thread. I'm searching for other threads here on Mars and Mars images that are more recent. Do you have any convenient links or titles that will help me find them? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Constance
Have you ever wondered why it was desireable for many ancient people on earth to shape their childrens' heads to elongate them by compression of the developing skull? Who were they trying to identify themselves with?

As far as I know, there weren't "many", only a few, and the reasons people have for making stupid things are a mystery.

For example, why do some people pierce parts of their bodies? Who are they trying to identify themselves with?

Edited to add a better example, foot binding.

If I'm not mistaken this skull lengthening took place on three continents (South America, the Middle East, and Africa). I think it suggests a dominating outside influence entering into cultures too far apart geographically to have influenced one another.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Constance

Thanks for replying to my questions, armap.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

If I'm not mistaken this skull lengthening took place on three continents (South America, the Middle East, and Africa).

I went looking for more information, and found that skull shaping has been done for thousands of years, in all continents, but the shapes change, even in the same area, so I don't think they were all trying to look like a specific type.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I'm searching for other threads here on Mars and Mars images that are more recent. Do you have any convenient links or titles that will help me find them? Thanks.

I have been following the Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015) and the Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2016) threads, both have some interesting (and some not so interesting) cases.

If you click on the green magnifying glass button near the top right corner of the screen and search for Mars anomalies I'm sure you will find many threads.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I generally don't reply to threads on this forum , but for this I will . Amazing pic you have found , honestly if every one in this world had a true open mind about earths history and our place with in it , everyone would be looking at the stars and wondering how did we get here . If you took politics and religion aside , people would look at the other side of the coin, every religion on this earth have killed more innocent people in the name of god then what those who don't worship have , when I was young and in school I prayed all the time and nothing ever happened , did I ask the wrong questions no , I was just misled from the government and the society of todays bias . I believe and feel that we are from other planets , but a scientist will say we look different because of the climate e.c.t . why does the age of human kind on earth keep changing ? its because as we develop with tech and every one isn't as brain washed about how life goes on ,we look else were for answers . And its pics like what you have shared that attract peoples attention , and makes as wonder, what if we are from some were else that is no longer home , thankyou for reading my dribble a reply to: iammonkey

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
anytime I see something with straight lines and angels it suggests a conscious work of design

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hedbangking83

Then you should learn more about natural rock formations, like the one in the image below.

Straight lines and angles are natural in some geological formations, either because of the way they were created or by the erosion forces that acted on them and the way those formations break.

edit on 27/1/2018 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hedbangking83
anytime I see something with straight lines and angels it suggests a conscious work of design

Really

If you think like that you can look at other strange rock formations

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

That bottom image is almost phallic!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: myss427
a reply to: wmd_2008

That bottom image is almost phallic!

That's why I posted it, imagine if that was found on Mars there would be claims of a giant male statue buried.

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
GIANT fossilized remains found on Mars!!!!

Harte

top topics

<< 41  42  43   >>

join