It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
On one hand I'm not feeling anything at the moment but on the other hand I at instances feel uneasyness, weird.

I can only hope as I am sure all of you feel that this passes.

Full Moon, I can't see.... rainy here, always seems to be skied covered when you want to keep a check on the sky here.

IRIS map looks, "slow."

I agree, the IRIS map went quiet.. which is kinda scary..

and I also agree with:

im feeling pretty good today.. only a little pressure in my head... fine otherwise, but the uneasy feeling is driving me nuts..

something is off.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
MAG UTC DATE-TIME
y/m/d h:m:s LAT
deg LON
deg DEPTH
km LOCATION
MAP 2.1 2008/12/11 08:22:03 40.280 -124.776 4.8 42 km ( 26 mi) W of Petrolia, CA
MAP 2.8 2008/12/10 20:47:14 40.439 -124.711 22.7 38 km ( 24 mi) WNW of Petrolia, CA
MAP 2.3 2008/12/07 22:57:47 40.295 -124.637 16.3 30 km ( 19 mi) W of Petrolia, CA
MAP 2.7 2008/12/07 05:37:56 40.674 -124.649 10.6 34 km ( 21 mi) WNW of Ferndale, CA

Petrolia is awake again. Other than that, pretty quiet on planet earth right now. I was surprised at only two USGS EQ emails this morning.

I feel pretty good this morning myself, however, Charlotte says that it's after the precursors go away and you feel better, to expect the event. After at least 11 hours, I believe. Charlotte has not issued any EQ warning alert emails, by the way.

I had some fairly painful precursors yesterday afternoon around 2:30 p.m.
and I'm still going with the PNW offshore, down to and including Petrolia. There are too many things going on for me to untangle. I try to focus mostly on North America, but would mention any intense precursors for any other region. The South Pacific is always going, so I don't mention that area much. Same with Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, etc.

The dogs are behaving normally, as far as I can tell. The puppy has been maybe a bit more hyperactive than a 6 month old Siberian normally is, but it's hard to say. They pretty much bounce off walls at this age and it's to be expected. The 4 year old, who normally has a Zen-like calm, is napping peacefully. I've noticed nothing out of the ordinary here as far as the birds at our busy feeding stations, or with ants or heard about any odd animal behavior. If I had, I'd expect that it had to do with the unseasonably warm weather we're having. I'm at 5,000 feet and saw a mosquito a few days ago. Of course, that's about to change, according to NOAA.

Anyway, all is quiet on the western front.

[edit on 12/11/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
so, we are all feeling somewhat better and everything is quiet?

uh-oh

*looks behind him to see if an EQ snuck up*

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pynner

external image

(This USGS map is reproduced for educational purposes.)

Thought I'd post the USGS 30 day map, pynner.... maybe JustMike could overlay them as you suggest. He's good at that stuff.
The dates (for 30 days) aren't exact; this may account for a few differences.

I'd like to have a closer look at the St. Lawrence Seaway area, since CalCoastSeeker brought it up for us.

Edit to add: Looking at the dates on the USGS page, it says at the top:
Recent EQ's Last 8 to 30 days, but the latest EQ on the list is 11/25?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

I had somethign similiar that started yesterday...pressure in the back of the head and pain going the neck. Coworker has had the same. Could be nothing but it's killing me

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I should add, not only for those new to reading this thread, but those who, understandably, haven't been able to catch up on the 70 some pages, that Charlotte mentions in her alerts that just because USGS doesn't show activity on their maps, does not mean it's not happening.

For two reasons, as I see it-- one, because sometimes those EQ's don't show up on their maps for a week, and two, because it may have to do with undersea volcanic activity, which she and other sensitives pick up on. Or it may be those ETS, or silent slip events, for that matter.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Im pretty new to this thread so i haven't actually read many posts so far so i dont really know if its been discussed before sorry if it has but oh well im either starting something new or im refreshing peoples memory

heres a couple of things for people to discuss anyway

The Seismic Window of December 10-17, 2008 will include the highest tidal force since 1993, based on the expremely close lunar perigee, just 4 hours before the Full Moon. Also the solsticial tides will reach a maximum on December 21s and we are nearing the yearly closest approach to the Sun (perihelion) on January 4th.

i have read alot about this lunar anomaly and how it is going to effect us possibly cause an earthquake so we know that if something does happen on the 12th we can be sure that lunar activity can possibly effect earthquakes or it does seems that way

Earthquake Prediction Hotspots & and How Big They Will Be
Wikipedia - Earthquake Prediction
Earthquake Clouds
Link to Alot More Earthquake Prediction Sites

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
hmmm.... this is fairly interesting, i myself do not know much about these subjects but it might be interesting looking more into

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

Welcome and we're glad you accepted our invitation.

Yes, with 78 pages and counting, there is a lot to read here, but the opening posts will give you a very good overall understanding what we're discussing here, and what links we've cited, etc.

It was actually pretty brilliant of you to make the leap to biological EQ prediction by humans based on their reactions to seismic activity if you weren't aware of this thread. Good thinking. Are you one who gets unexplained aches and pains, etc.?

Oh, a very good place to learn the most about this, is by subscribing to Charlotte King's EQ email alerts. As you will read in the opening post, she is the pioneer of geosensology, and our (on this thread) guide, I guess you could say, in learning more about the subject. We try to predict EQ's based on aches and pains, etc. that correlate to regions of the earth, based on Charlotte's many years of research. We are all still learning, so this is an experiment for sure.

We also mention various other methods that might be used trying to predict EQ's.. clouds, animals, for example, and other more complex methods as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Im glad to be a part of this thread also

and i am a person who seems to get some odd achs and pains for no particular reason and i dont live anywhere near an earthquake zone or anything like that but what ive been thinking of doing is keeping a track of things like if i get an ache or pain somewhere for no reason again i may write it down and see if anything is reported somewhere who knows right i may be a natural at predicting stuff like this

i wanted to ask you someting aswell have u ever researched lunar activity and earthquakes because i was reading something earlier about an upcoming lunar event and a big earthquake predicted for the same day tomorrow as it happens and im was curious if u have ever found a link between the two im not sure if that has been discussed before but i think their could be one between the two but who knows

im not very Knowledagble knowledgable in earthquakes so i dont know if the lunar earthquake connection can be possible but for now i believe that anything is possible

and ive actually just subscribed for a free seismic email alert as it happens

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that I'm clear of symptoms still today..and also a big hearty welcome to anti! Good to see new people joining the thread

Tela

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Thank you very much for welcoming me into the thread Telafree and i forgot to mention in my earlier post that i was pretty badly ill the day before yesterday and it was really weird because i was fine one minute then i started to get a migraine and i had it for well over 24 hours and i was actually physically sick and then it went away although i could still feel a little bit of a headache when ever i bent down to pick something up although it wasnt too bad and i could barely feel it but weird all the same ill right back here if i get someting like that again

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

There are those that study the relationship between the lunar cycles and seismic activity. Jim Berkland is one. The link to his site may be in our OP. It's been so long since that post that I honestly can't recall. Or you can Google the phrase and probably bring up a lot of information.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Oregon offshore quake..small one, but it just happened.just popped up on the list of quakes I should actually say...looks like it happened yesterday.

earthquake.usgs.gov...
Date-Time

* Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 01:39:18 UTC
* Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 05:39:18 PM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 44.360°N, 124.452°W
Depth 27.1 km (16.8 miles) set by location program
Region OFFSHORE OREGON
Distances

* 28 km (18 miles) W (281°) from Yachats, OR
* 32 km (20 miles) WSW (257°) from Waldport, OR
* 44 km (27 miles) SW (226°) from Newport, OR
* 112 km (70 miles) WNW (288°) from Eugene, OR
* 192 km (120 miles) SW (228°) from Portland, OR

[edit on 12/11/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
another among many the usgs didn't list:

2008/12/11 15:45:29 50.16N 130.24W 10.0* 3.0Mw
208 km W of Pt. Hardy,BC

it's where the explorer plate is swarming.. you know, that whole area where nothing happens according to the usgs

am I sounding like I don't trust the usgs? yeah.. probably.. LMAO

usgs... that makes 4

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
oh, wanted to post this link:

earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca... time#SECTION_1

Live vancouver island/westcoast seismic feeds.. I have a few open all the time these days.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Oregon offshore quake..small one, but it just happened.just popped up on the list of quakes I should actually say...looks like it happened yesterday.

I knew it. Things are going on there-- I can't say what for sure-- but something is going on there. And it annoys me that it takes 24 hours for it to show on the map.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I meant to say, that is a very good idea to keep a journal of your aches and pains and anything else you feel worth noting, and then trying to make correlations with seismic events. This is how Charlotte King began her own research, and what many of us on the thread now do.

And be very detailed. For example, for a headache, write down everything you can about that particular headache, like whether it's in the front and/or the temples, or the back or top, etc. etc. Be detailed about every ache, whether it's sharp or dull or quick or persistent. You get the idea.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
6.0 in Indonesia

Magnitude 6.0
Date-Time

* Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 21:40:54 UTC
* Friday, December 12, 2008 at 05:40:54 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 0.112°N, 123.435°E
Depth 143.8 km (89.4 miles)
Region MINAHASA, SULAWESI, INDONESIA
Distances 60 km (40 miles) SE of Gorontalo, Sulawesi, Indonesia
220 km (135 miles) SW of Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia
1620 km (1010 miles) S of MANILA, Philippines
1980 km (1230 miles) ENE of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 6.3 km (3.9 miles); depth +/- 3.8 km (2.4 miles)
Parameters NST=261, Nph=366, Dmin=699.1 km, Rmss=0.99 sec, Gp= 22°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=6
Source

* USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2008alb2

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I like your avatar, velmalu.

I just checked my USGS EQ notification parameters because, although it's set for 3.5 and above, it seems I'm only getting notifications for EQ's in the higher magnitudes. And that is probably for one reason, as Mountain Dog pointed out a day or two ago-- because the few EQ's we are getting, are in the higher magnitudes.

Edit to add: I'm just getting Mexico right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join