It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polygamist Newborn's Mom Not a Minor After All; Same Could be True for Sect's Other New Mother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Polygamist Newborn's Mom Not a Minor After All; Same Could be True for Sect's Other New Mother

www.foxnews.com

SAN ANTONIO — Texas child welfare officials conceded Tuesday that a newborn's mother, held in foster care as a minor after being removed from a polygamous sect's ranch, is an adult.

A Child Protective Services attorney told state District Judge Barbara Walther that the mother of a boy born April 29 is not a minor, as CPS had claimed as justification for holding her.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
"She was one of two pregnant sect members who state officials had said were minors. The other sect member, who gave birth to a son Monday, also may be an adult, state officials have said"

Will the people who burned these people on a stake please sit down...as the truth starts to come out we are starting to see maybe it wasnt as bad in there as people say. You would have never got this from the media and CPS in the beginning though...as time goes and the investigations are being done oops you know what maybe we screwed up...

This guilty before proven innocent really has to end. These guys did not get a court date and tried individually no instead they got their door banged down and children taken and then a government that says "what are you going to do about it" This case has disgusted me since the beginning and as more news comes out my disgust is turning into anger.

If people were raping 10 year olds they need to have their balls chopped off but prove that they did give them a trial....

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Heres an update to the story
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I cant figure out how more people are not jumping on this. This is a classic case of people losing their rights. Crap we talk about all day everyday on here and when it actually happens everyone goes silent.

The attorney for the boy's mother, Sharon Barlow, objected to the state plan for her to get the boy back, saying it wasn't clear enough. Barlow, 34, must take parenting classes, find a safe living environment and undergo a psychological evaluation, according to the plan.

This mother has been accused of NOTHING but yet they tell her to get her boy back she must go to brainwashing class and evaluations to make sure she has been officially brought into what we perceive as main street. People wake up.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Judge Walther asked Barlow if she understood if her parental rights were subject to termination if she did not comply with the plan. Barlow softly replied "yes" but did not testify otherwise.

TERMINATED!!!!! SHE HAS NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF ANYTHING!!!!! God this annoys the hell out of me. She either complies to brainwashing classes or get her kids taken for something she has never done....

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've had my suspicions about this case all along. Now I am just sick to my stomach.

Not too much I can add, but you've been starred and flagged.

I encourage others to flag this as well, even if you don't have anything to add.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It gets better CPS has said that half the FDLS female minors ,they are holding, are pregnant or have children. Meanwhile FDLS are not only saying they can proove that half the women with children that CPS is holding as minors are not minors but some of those women are as old 26.
CPS confiscated the drivers liscence and the birth certificate of one of the women who was illegally detained as a minor. Major civil rights are happening in Texas. Judge Walthers will have to stuff the ballot box in order to maintain her power in West Texas. Then again there are many powerful and shady characters from other areas of the country involved in this travesty. The elites love little children ,and can't get enough of 'em.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
It gets better CPS has said that half the FDLS female minors ,they are holding, are pregnant or have children. Meanwhile FDLS are not only saying they can proove that half the women with children that CPS is holding as minors are not minors but some of those women are as old 26.
CPS confiscated the drivers liscence and the birth certificate of one of the women who was illegally detained as a minor. Major civil rights are happening in Texas. Judge Walthers will have to stuff the ballot box in order to maintain her power in West Texas. Then again there are many powerful and shady characters from other areas of the country involved in this travesty. The elites love little children ,and can't get enough of 'em.

I agree there is some bad crap going down here and thats why I cant figure out why people are not taking this seriously. Look past the crap the media is telling you and CPS is telling you and just look at the facts. These people are being forced out of their ways because it doesnt conform to the main stream. Either charge these people with something or give them back their damn children.

I found a phone number for the Judge....I am half tempted to give her a call.....I wish I had her email I would rather do that

[edit on 19-5-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh man . . . this is pure BS.

I hate CPS with such a passion (and I have never had to deal with them).

I sure hope a lawsuit (or twenty) are filed.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

This has happened before in Texas. Some big money has gotten to the judge or someone has figured out a way to ride Walther. We will never know what it is that has twisted her,but I have my suspicions. She is definately no longer the person who was elected to that position. Calling her will not help. She is an enemy to freedom. She is also an enemy to children everywhere. Your number will be taken and your phone will be bugged if you call the judge. We can't help the predators in this case. We can only help the victims. Fortunately, we can still help the victims.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

It just keeps getting better. CPS showed up in court without any long term plans for returning the children and CPS wants the parents to submitt to literacy/intelligence exams. This of course so CPS can claim that the parents should not be allowed to have children because they are too dumb. There are eugenic angles to this case , DNA swabs and now intelligence tests. I bet the social workers want to personally give the FDLS parents those tests.The other thing the state objects to is that FDLS parents homeschooled their kids. If they can not make any of their charges stick CPS will try to ban the group from homeschooling. That this is taking place in Texas with a rino judge makes me want to vomit. The only proven child abusers here is CPS.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just found this, about Warren Jeffs' son...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=356600

MBF

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't know what the big deal is, all they have to do to find lots of minor girls that are pregnant is to go to any school.

Some states allow girls to legally marry as young as 14 I think. So a minor could be pregnant legally.

As far as the men being married to several women, what about men that sleep around with several women? What makes them any better than the men that have made a commitment to these women. Now I'm not saying that it right to be married to more than one woman, but I don't see how they can be any more wrong than the others.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
I don't know what the big deal is, all they have to do to find lots of minor girls that are pregnant is to go to any school.

Some states allow girls to legally marry as young as 14 I think. So a minor could be pregnant legally.

As far as the men being married to several women, what about men that sleep around with several women? What makes them any better than the men that have made a commitment to these women. Now I'm not saying that it right to be married to more than one woman, but I don't see how they can be any more wrong than the others.

Kinda puts into perspective the hypocrisies that go on in our country. Right now they took one adult womans kids away and told her were not charging you with a crime but you cant get your kid back till you join the main stream. WTF DOES THAT MEAN!!!

join