It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Third Temple:Prepare for the 7 year tribulation people

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorex
[And I agree once again. Funny how people point to the prophecy of the 70 weeks to be talking about a rebuilt physical temple, when the prophecy itself says that when the physical temple/sanctuary is destroyed, which happened in 70 AD, it will lay desolate until the consummation. This is talking of the temple that would be around at the first coming of the messiah (this is not talking about some "antichrist" who will make some peace treaty), since it is talking about Jesus being "cut off"

Daniel 2:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

These prophecies were concerning the arival of the messiah and the building and destruction of the second temple, not some "antichrist" and a third temple. All this was fulfilled: Jesus was cut off, but not for himself, he ended the need for the temple sacrifices since his sacrifice was once and for all time, and he was cut off "midweek" (3 1/2 year ministry), and he confirmed the covenant/testament with the many, the new testament of his shed blood....

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Please don't be deceived into thinking a new temple must be built for the tribulation to be begin, you will indeed be caught with your pants down.....

1Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Hebrews 9:11 But Christ being come a high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

[edit on 9/5/08 by doctorex]

thank you. Marvelously done!
the second 3 1/2 years of that 'week' I believe to be the time from the Lords death on the cross (and/or the resurrection day) to the 'calling' of Paul on the Damascus road, signaling that the 'mystery' of God was now revealed, and that the "times of the Gentiles" - the taking of the good news to the rest of the world - had now begun.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

24"My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them.
25"They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons' sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever.

26"I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant with them And I will place them and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in their midst forever.

27"My dwelling place also will be with them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people.

28"And the nations (gentiles) will know that I am the LORD who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever"."(Ezekial 37-24-28) emphasis mine

27"And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate." (Daniel 9:27)

31"Forces from him will arise, desecrate the sanctuary fortress, and do away with the regular sacrifice And they will set up the abomination of desolation. Daniel 11:31

3Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. (2 Thessalonias 2:3-4)

"...And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight. Behold, He is coming," says the LORD of hosts. "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like launderer's soap. … He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer to the LORD an offering in righteousness. Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasant to the LORD, AS IN THE DAYS OF OLD, AS IN FORMER YEARS." (Malachi 3: 1-4)

And behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east. His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory....And the glory of the LORD came into the temple by way of the gate which faces toward the east. The Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the LORD filled the temple....

And He said to me, "Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever....

"Son of man, describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the pattern....Write it down in their sight, so that they may keep its whole design and all its ordinances, and perform them.

"This is the law of the temple: The whole area surrounding the mountaintop shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple." (Ezekiel 43: 2, 4-5, 7, 10, 11, 12)

1Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, "Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.
2"Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months. (Rev 11:1-2)

These are just a small number of the prophecies in the Old & New Testament that attest to a future 3rd temple.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Please don't be deceived into thinking a new temple must be built for the tribulation to be begin, you will indeed be caught with your pants down.....

I do not believe that a temple must be built before the tribulation can begin; I do believe that a temple must be built before the Lords return to satisfy numerous Old & New Testament prophecies. I try very hard not to put any qualifications on what the Lord will or will not do but it seems pretty clear to me that He would not give us prophecies that He had no intention of fulfilling and many of the Old Testament prophecies are worded in such a way that it is clear that they have not, as yet, been fulfilled.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

You mean like the ones where he predicts he'll return before his disciples die?

Luke 21:32
"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled."

Matthew 16:28
"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Mark 9:1
"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power."

Oops. Maybe he missed his bus or something?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

yeah Christianity pisses me off believe it or not lol...its like these people are so thick headed about something that they DO NOT understand, and is wrong...its more reasonable to believe in aliens than # like that, everything that has to do with them is such bull# nonsense that its not funny...have you ever seen the way these people act in church n #? i mean come on! lock these #s in a mental institute! because they act sooooo #ing stupid that they look stupid doing it! haha

But i do believe that an alien race created us long ago

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

You mean like the ones where he predicts he'll return before his disciples die?

Luke 21:32
"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled."

If you look at the this verse in the context of the entire chapter you would find that this quotation is in reference to the generation who sees "all these things" come to pass; "all these things", being the prophecy regarding the fig tree and the time of Christ's return.

29Then He told them a parable: "Behold the fig tree and all the trees;

30as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near.

31"So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. (Luke 21:29-31)

Matthew 16:28
"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

This is explained in the following excerpt from the Commentary of The Whole Bible by Jameison, Faucett & Brown:

28. Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here--"some of those standing here."
which shall not taste of death, fill they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom--or, as in Mark (Mr 9:1), "till they see the kingdom of God come with power"; or, as in Luke (Lu 9:27), more simply still, "till they see the kingdom of God." The reference, beyond doubt, is to the firm establishment and victorious progress, in the lifetime of some then present, of that new kingdom of Christ, which was destined to work the greatest of all changes on this earth, and be the grand pledge of His final coming in glory. eword.gospelcom.net...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Ok luke is taken out of context here. Christ had been reffering to the signs of his coming when he reffered to this and said that those who had seen the signs their generation would not pass away this is proved in verse 31 So like wise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of god is at hand. This in no way has to mean the generation that was living, the early disciples only believed they would be that generation. The verse in Matthew refers to clearly to salvation when you read the context in which they are said. The verse in Mark is surrounded by things that state it is the generation that sees the abomination of desolation by the son of perdition refered to in Daniel. Not the people whom He was talking to. Go through and read the entire chapters and look for the context of these scripture. Jesus never said the generation living in his time was that generation. The followers simply assumed, as a matter of fact Jesus said these things could not happen until His message had reached to the four corners of the world. This has never happened before this generation with the message being broadcast via the internet and television. Daniel also states that during said time people would move to and fro across the planet as never before, and that knowledge would increase greatly like hadnever been seen. Once you add that Ezekial stated that Israel would come back together during that generation. And this was one of the road signs we were to look for. All of these things have happened in the last 60 years. Certainly the generation that saw the rebirth of israel from their almost annhialation has yet to pass. And though they became a nation in 48 their people did not truly bebin to return enmass until the late 60s and early 70s. These are the requirments according to Jesus and the other prophets. We are the only age that has seen this since 70 ad when rome leveled jerusalem and spread its people to the wind. Even some jews have ramped up their search again for messiah due to their understanding of these old prophecies.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Ok luke is taken out of context here. Christ had been reffering to the signs of his coming when he reffered to this and said that those who had seen the signs their generation would not pass away this is proved in verse 31 So like wise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of god is at hand. This in no way has to mean the generation that was living, the early disciples only believed they would be that generation. The verse in Matthew refers to clearly to salvation when you read the context in which they are said. The verse in Mark is surrounded by things that state it is the generation that sees the abomination of desolation by the son of perdition refered to in Daniel. Not the people whom He was talking to. Go through and read the entire chapters and look for the context of these scripture. Jesus never said the generation living in his time was that generation. The followers simply assumed, as a matter of fact Jesus said these things could not happen until His message had reached to the four corners of the world. This has never happened before this generation with the message being broadcast via the internet and television. Daniel also states that during said time people would move to and fro across the planet as never before, and that knowledge would increase greatly like hadnever been seen. Once you add that Ezekial stated that Israel would come back together during that generation. And this was one of the road signs we were to look for. All of these things have happened in the last 60 years. Certainly the generation that saw the rebirth of israel from their almost annhialation has yet to pass. And though they became a nation in 48 their people did not truly bebin to return enmass until the late 60s and early 70s. These are the requirments according to Jesus and the other prophets. We are the only age that has seen this since 70 ad when rome leveled jerusalem and spread its people to the wind. Even some jews have ramped up their search again for messiah due to their understanding of these old prophecies.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

You are forgetting that since the sacrifice made by Jesus, the temple is now spiritual, it is the church, the body of Christ. That is what the prophecies you quoted are concerning. Paul makes this abundantly clear....

1Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Also....

Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

[edit on 10/5/08 by doctorex]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 10/5/08 by doctorex]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Maybe now they have the ark of covenant >>
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Just a thought I know it might not be the real one

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I've often wondered where the Ark is. Revelation says it's in heaven. I've read that it's in Ethiopia in a tent under heavy guard. Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing to see the real Ark?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ok so the temples built ,so the ark if it is ,not found do u build another one ? IF so will the streets run red? with the blood of the sacrifice cause they got to make up for a lot of sin since last temple sacrifice .I think the streets ran red when king david sacrifaced 500 bulls and others goats sheep.

.please set me strait. thank you

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You are forgetting that since the sacrifice made by Jesus, the temple is now spiritual, it is the church, the body of Christ. That is what the prophecies you quoted are concerning. Paul makes this abundantly clear....

Yes, this is true up to a point; but we still build churches and what do we call them?Houses of God; we beilieve that the Spirit of God is present there as well, correct?. Also, the above only holds true for Christians, not Jews who are still waiting for their Messiah. The rebuilding of the Temple is foretold many times in Old Testament prophecy and it is clear from that prophecy that God intends for it to be rebuilt for the sake of the Jews.

Also....

Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

This reference is to the New Jerusalem which does not exist until Christ's millenial reign after Satan is defeated and cast into his eternal punishment, the lake of fire.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker

Yes, this is true up to a point; but we still build churches and what do we call them?Houses of God; we beilieve that the Spirit of God is present there as well, correct?. Also, the above only holds true for Christians, not Jews who are still waiting for their Messiah. The rebuilding of the Temple is foretold many times in Old Testament prophecy and it is clear from that prophecy that God intends for it to be rebuilt for the sake of the Jews.

That is something man has taken upon himself. The scriptures never say to go around building church buildings, the original church (which in greek means a called out group, not a building) gathered in peoples homes. The prophecies and events in the old testament were phycial types for events that would be spiritual in the future: coming out of physical egypt (coming out of sin), killing of the physical lamb at passover (symbolic of the future sacrifice of jesus), the physical temple (symbolic of the future dwelling place of God within his church), the physiical sprinkling of blood upon the altar for sins (again picturing how Jesus would atone for our sins, for all time). etc. The jews don't need to build a temple for God to save them, they need to accept Christ, the new temple, or they are completely missing the whole point of what the temple pictured. The temple, the body of Christ, was raised for the sake of everybody, not everybody except the jews.

Originally posted by lightseeker

Also....

This reference is to the New Jerusalem which does not exist until Christ's millenial reign after Satan is defeated and cast into his eternal punishment, the lake of fire.

Yes, but the new jerusalem comes down out of heaven to earth, so what happens to this new physical temple if it gets built, does it get destroyed again?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hey good thread. Also check this article I posted a few months back. We linked to the temple institute and all as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Information on the efforts of the religious jews to rebuild the temple mount can be found at this link: www.templeinstitute.org...

I have been reading the posts on this thread and there are of course, diverse opinions and levels of understanding of the scriptures. It is good to explore and bounce thoughts around but, in order to understand the true meaning of the prophesies, symbolism used in them and most other writings there are a couple of ground rules you must apply:

1) God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow, He doesn't change and neither does His word.

2) the "Holy Scriptures" are the Torah (the first five books of the bible) and the prophets (who are God's chosen spokesmen), the rest falls into the catagory of the other writings. All writings must agree with the Law (first 5 books) and the prophets, since these are the actual words of God as dictated to the prophets.

3) God (YHVH) set up the witness rule" ... at the mouth of two or three witnesses is a matter established..." (Deut. 19:15), so if it isn't from the mouth of God through the prophets, whatever is said or written about His word must have two or three "witnesses" in the Holy Scriptures.

The New Testament must agree with the "Old Testament" in order to be valid. Anything that doesn't agree with the Law and Prophets needs to be set aside until witnesses can be found for them in the Scriptures.

So, as far as the "Third Temple" goes, what do the Prophets say about a Third Temple?

"..."Behold, the Man whose name is the Branch (a term for the Messiah) From His place He shall branch out, And HE SHALL BUILD THE TEMPLE, Yes, He shall build the temple of the Lord. He shall bear the glory, and sit and rule on His throne; So he shall be a priest on His throne, And the counsel of peace shall be between them both (both natural and spiritual governments - or kings and priests)..."

There will not be a third temple built by man, Y'shua ben David (Jesus) will build the last Temple. When He returns as King.

There are references in Daniel about the "Little Horn" being given an army to oppose the daily sacrifice and to set up the abomination that makes desolate. But there isn't a temple needed for that to take place. This is just my conjecture but, if a peace treaty were drafted between the Palestinians and Israel that allowed the Jews to use the Temple Mount for their morning and evening sacrifice that would set the stage for this prophesy to be fulfilled.

The Jews would very much like to have the Temple back but until the Messiah comes and makes whole the two houses of Israel (Judah- the southern Kingdom and Ephriam -the northern kingdom) Ezekiel 37:16 and restores them to the covenant (Jerimiah 31:31) it is just wishful thinking and the efforts of man to try and force prophesy. It will happen in God's time and not before.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Prophecy is a foretelling of the future by obscure or “faith based”, interpretations from what is written or spoken. Much like the writing of Nostradamus in his quatrains, it is very vague, and connects to an event after the fact or event(s) has taken place, it seems. The Bible is a guide for those that are “faith based”, and a road map for those that want to be, or seek to be, faithful. If prophecy was laid out in a concise time-line with names,dates,and locations, why would we care if the world ended in a hundred years from now. I would be doing what suits me and would be long dead before the end of days. Granted, we would still pay, if your” faith based”, in the end. But without knowing the exact times of future events, every time the world burps for some reason, most of us head for a road map or guide, or inside, looking for answers. I believe that this keeps you on your toes and not stray too far from seeking the answers from road maps,guides, or other means of “faith based” religions , cults,or self indulgence.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
In response to the need to rebuild the temple. I agree that the building does not need to be built. In the past jews have made sacrifices in tents. Daniel simply reffered to the desolation of the holy of holies. He could desacrate a tent and still fulfill this prophecy. I was simply pointing out there is intent to rebuild the temple, even in a way that would not cause conflict with the muslims. In other words the temple would be built and the dome of the rock would remain standing.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'm curious... how many of you guys are jewish? how many of you studied torah under a rabbi? how many of you know the jewish culture, the jewish religion, and/or what it means to be a jew?

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join