It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't know it this has been mentioned before, but I love the - popular in 24 hours/7days/30 days/ all time - option websites like digg have. Say you havent been on ATS in a few days and wanted to get caught up quick, i find this a really great method for doing so.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

You can try scrolling down through the Home Page

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Haha I feel a little silly. I rarely use the home page as I have a book mark that takes me straight to my ats page. I guess I just meant in a more condensed manner like digg has it. Maybe above the top threads that are on the right of every page. So you can check them out without going back to the hoe page.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
So you can check them out without going back to the hoe page.

That must be a different site. Don't post the links.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
So you can check them out without going back to the hoe page.

I vote this to be the funniest misspell of the day ...

At least I hope that's a misspell.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Im 0 for 2 ... well played. Me thinks i will stick to the metaphysical boards from now on

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Sorry, I realize this is a serious thread but could not resist:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hi,

I just now installed Ad Blocker Plus for the first time, due to my ATS points I do not see any ads however I would still like to remove ATS from filtering. I am not sure how to do it, any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Just found the answer on So's thread so it's cool.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
OLa
my avvie keeps disappearing, I know she's a Bot, but she not a AI level yet that she knows how to come and go of her own accord, besides she thinks the clever bot is ugly and dumb, and the Alicebot is a slapper, so she has no desire to hang with other bots.

So other people have u2ud me 'where is she?' Therefore its not just me.

*Bows and backs out of issues thread gently until summoned to receive answer.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

OH I see how it is, a couple of pages back I get 5 answers posted to one question in under 30 seconds, and now, I ask a little difficult question, and what do I get, Silence! PPFFFT

I thought coming to the Council of Wise Elders and Overlord I would be heard!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I see your avatar everytime I see your posts'.

That said, I wouldn't know how to fix the issue as described...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I thought it was a trick of the bot, so I didn't answered.

I also see your avatar, and have never noticed it missing, but I have seen other people complaining about missing images, it may be related to that.

I don't have any idea of what the problem may be, so I don't have any idea for a solution.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Is it only your avvy you can't see?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have seen Zazz's avy missing quite a few times....I always assume she is changing it but it never doe's!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

yes, lst night there was this photo that didn't show up for myself or givenmay or karlhungis to see initially.
but eventually showed up

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55ae14412166.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Just guess here, but considering that its an animated GIF, maybe it’s a bandwidth problem for some folks connections in other countries. A larger images takes more bandwidth to move. Your image is almost 4X the size of most of the other static images on here.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thx, probably right... doest explain the the other static photos not being seen by others. Okies cheers Zazz

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Most of the Avatars I see on this page, for example, are around the 10 to 16K range. Yours is over 48K, and the other picture you're showing is 24K. Just right click on the image, and view its properties to get its size. If you, and others, are in a more remote location, or the image has to be served through a bottleneck (like via satellite or an ocean trunk line) it can be timing out, and not be getting passed to your browser.

Again though that is just a guess on my part, but I know that it is a problem for people in with slow connections, hence ATS having a low bandwidth mode (fewer graphics) available in the ATS store.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Sorry.

Post deleted by me.

I chose to repeal my statement enclosed in this post.

-E2

[edit on 25-3-2010 by EyesII]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
admin edit: This thread is for ATS Issues the membership want the admin and staff to see. NOT for advertising your thread about an issue you think the membership needs to deal with.

[edit on 3-27-2010 by Springer]

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join