It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell: Smoking Gun (sci fi a year or 2 ago)...Ramey Memo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
roswellproof.homestead.com...

That was the link from the Sci-Fi channel. Apparantly they enlarged and enhanced this image of Ramey holding note

This is the enlarged image

High Res:

David Rudiak attempted to translate the memo and this is what he came up with:

Yes, its very sketchy, but here is what strikes me...the following key words that basically make this thing confirm the crash of a saucer are visible to the naked eye. Look at what I mean:

I don't know about you but I clearly see the word victims and disc (disc is more blurry but it definitely looks like it).

This is what else the "victims" word could be:

Has this been debated on here before? What are the thoughts of ATS?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was very intrigued by the memo. I thought it was extremely suggestive, but not definitive, because, remember -- one theory is that the Army cooked up the story of the aliens to cover for something *else* even more dire. I suppose losing a Nuke or somesuch.. In that case, the memo might be outlining what was being spread as disinfo and how the cover story should go.

I think that's probably not likely, but since it's possible I don't think the memo turned out to be a slam dunk. But it really raised the level of credibility of the Roswell crash for me.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Anyone have any other thoughts?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'm curious about what the message meant by "next new find" to me that would indicate that their had been other "finds".

As for the memo, if I remember correctly the show said that what was in the memo was NOT what was in the memo released to the press. The guy that did the enlarging speculated that back then they would have never thought of trying to enlarge a picture of a memo held in someones hand

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
So far, the memo has seemed to hold up to scrutiny, and truly suggests that the balloon coverstory is exactly what we all think it is....a load of crap.

I've seen some better resolution zooms of the memo, and it only reinforces my opinion on Roswell... Roswell was the incident that forever defined a covert program dealing with UFOs and aliens....

Next new find likely pointed to the second crash site...

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
yeah.. i remember watching it as well. imho, this is by far the best evidence, if any of a cover story. actually, it was during the time that this was aired, i really started to become interested in the "ufo question"

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There is even more evidence when you look at it....

1. hundreds of eye-witnesses
2. numerous people describing handling the debris
3. at least 9 deathbed confessions (admissable in court) to the coverup
4. two completely different government stories about the crash, neither of which even remotely jive with the timeline
5. a press release from the Army itself, that the US Army had captured a flying disc, only later retracted.
6. the main person speaking about it, was the intelligence officer of the base, who could tell the difference between a saucer, and balloon debris....
7. numerous paper trails, leading to even where the debris was taken...(which wouldn't be where Mogul balloons would go....but foreign tech only)....

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Interestingly, the Air Force claimed that it could not analyze details of the same memo. And when asked for that report, they, well, lost it.

Yes, Rudiak did good work. Today's latest technology does allow us to do better analysis work on things such as this. (On the other hand, photoshop is a pranxsters tool of choice; see www.unexplainable.net... -)

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Any link to the newer, better resolution images of the enlarged memo?

From the 2nd picture I posted it definitely seems the message is readable if you could zoom in and keep the clarity. Is there any way to file an FOIA on the memo or has it been tried?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Its just a wired memo, odds are it was destroyed, not filed....

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
After six years, I'm bumping this thread.

Modern researchers and newer members might not be familiar with the work on Ramey's memo.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It'd really be nice to just see additional researchers use similar techniques, and see if they get the same results, thereby supporting (or refuting) Rudiak's claims. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been such an effort amongst the Roswell UFOlogists...

One of the most intriguing things is the mention of two sites (this was actually both the most surprising, and most doubtful thing I found in my research..as it just sounded off, but the evidence available supports two recovery sites).

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I've got the clip from the program, which the thread is about

Here is an updated website, from 2009, on decoding the memo

Reconstruct Ramey Roswell memo

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The scuttle is that some very high $$$ imaging equip has been used all the way up too University and Hollywood level and the note is Truly the smoking gun from most accounts.
Rameys own orders in that news pic are indisputable evidence IMO.
We have 10 - 20 words that add up too Alien and or Disk in subject as of late but in a year or so when imaging makes its usual leap in tech we should have the Absolute proof of content in the Generals own.
Debunk proof IMO.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
After six years, I'm bumping this thread.

Modern researchers and newer members might not be familiar with the work on Ramey's memo.

Thanks for the act of Threadomancy and all the risks that entails I've enjoyed this thread and until I read the above didn't think it was an old'un, I'm persuaded by the memo and tbh the many air force and govt explanations just make me think they've got loads to hide.

There are hundreds of thousands of people in prison in the USA on the evidence of witnesses less credible and less numerous than those who witnessed these events, in fact it's shocking that so many are prepared to call these good folk of good standing and reputation liars, would they say it to their faces?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VType

I've been ready studies that were carried out, it's very hard to debunk at the moment. This is truly quite powerful and I'm glad members welcome me bumping the thread

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My opinion is that people have been pretty imaginative about what they see in this "smoking gun." But the fact is, there's just not enough information to glean anything definitive from the memo, and certainly nothing that proves once and for all that there was a crash of an alien space ship. The first halfway legible line, for instance, has been interpreted as saying something about "VICTIMS OF THE CRASH." But I fiddled with the scan myself, and came up with this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c7c649ebe903c5ed.png[/atsimg]

"DECOY" may refer to the radar decoy attached to the balloon. Who knows? My interpretations of the little dots and squiggles is no more valid than anyone else's.

Only a few other words are even close to legible, including "DISC," which is written in quotations, indicating that's not necessarily what it is, but what somebody else is calling it. As for any clear indication of aliens of victims or whatever, it just ain't there. It's just another example of people seeing bunny rabbits in clouds, and letting their hopes and expectations color their perceptions.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Blue Shift because: Must be filled out.

new topics

top topics

join