It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Also to those who ask"Where is Osama?"

Well he is ill and will die soon of natural causes,so why waste the resources?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
JKROG I see your dodging the questions again, please explain to us all just how the morally corrupt US and its mercenary armed forces are going to beat the Iranians, what it will mean for the US and its people, World opinion, and the possible intervention of others on the Iranian side.

Please try to provide logical well thought out answers rather than the usual patriotic mind control crap. If you have any sense at all you will realise that such a conflict has grave consequences for us all especially America.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
This page seems to think that the U.S. will lose a war with Iran.
Iran most powerful nation

Well all I have to say is THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE U.S. WOULD LOSE A WAR WITH IRAN.

Further more some claim we are "tyrannical"-----------NO.We are utilizing our international police power to uphold civility in the world.

Finally....we would DESTROY IRAN in HOURS if we wanted to-----------WITHOUT TACTICAL NUKES.

Yeah. There were lost of nations that once had ultimate power. Greece is history, the Romans went the same way. Egypt did to. More recently in history so did the United Kingdom which is where the USA took over until the financial collapse leaves it stagnant. Thats going to be a pity because the world is a safer place while the USA is the superpower. When they no longer are, we are in trouble.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by the way
Well despite all its "military superiority", i am struggling to think of a war that the U.S has actually "won" since 1945?
Korea, Afghanistan,Iraq-all much better for America's meddling are they??
You couldn't even win against third world country Vietnam,could you?
The U.S is actually promoting terrorism against itself in the middle east-U.S troops are being killed every week by "terrorists" (actually its their own country so perhaps "freedom fighters" would be more accurate?).
I recall a story from the (i think?) first gulf war, where a sheep herder armed only with an ancient rifle took out a state of the art helicopter with one shot!
If you think you can anhillate any country you like, well, i'm not gonna wish you good luck with that,even sarcastically?
Just remember, the more you meddle,the more hate you create, the more you become the evil empire.
All empires fall and yours will be no exeption-i beleive the wheels are already in motion due to outright hatred of america's foreign policy.
But i guess you tend to reap what you sow, hey?

You may not remember but the Americans did push the N. Koreans out of S. Korea. I mean, maybe that's just me.

As for 3rd World Country, Vietnam had the full support of the Ruskies, who at the time were still pretty effing powerful. Not to mention keeping the armed forces on a leash by not letting them go balls-to-the-wall. And yes, they were not allowed to use thier full might. Open a book and read about the b-s diplomacy that cost a lot of Americans their lives.

Just because somebody is pro-America doesn't mean they are pro-war or anti-anybody else. A lot of people attack America and Americans defend it. Wouldn't you do the same?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Most of the people that kill Iraqis, are Iraqis.

American's aren't slaughtering them, they're slaughtering eachother.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i am a AMERICAN.................
and need to tell you other loud mouth americans.

STFU ABOUT NUKE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you wanna fight join the military use a gun....

NUKE'S talk piss's me off....

thats not war...or even close to it

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The US are not that strong as they think, it just depends on who strikes first. Shure Iran wouldn't stand a chance against them but it is not like that in europe and the USA didn't make much friends there after what they tried with austria. You can say whatever you want but you must admit that when the US start to mess with the europeans they are digging their own grave. Don't get me wrong i don't want to piss someone off but it is the truth.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You're comparing the strength of an entire continent to that of a country. Why does everybody say, "America isn't that strong, if all of Europe joined together they wouldn't stand a chance." and not realize the irony?

Either way, I won't take anybody that cant spell "sure" correctly seriously.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwordDancer
The US are not that strong as they think, it just depends on who strikes first. Shure Iran wouldn't stand a chance against them but it is not like that in europe and the USA didn't make much friends there after what they tried with austria. You can say whatever you want but you must admit that when the US start to mess with the europeans they are digging their own grave. Don't get me wrong i don't want to piss someone off but it is the truth.

It always puts a smile on my face when proud europeans come in here showing their ignorance. You sir, did not disappoint. I am not trying to rub salt into the wounds, just simply stating the facts as they are.

Europe is quite irrelevant in the world today. It is my opinion, through my own research, that the EU would not stand much of a chance if the US and the EU ever went at odds with one another. One reason why Europeans have such disdain for the US, is because the US far out exceeds the EU in literally every major category. It did not help when G. W. Bush talked down to europe during his power trip (prior to 9/11). This is one reason, why Europeans dislike Bush so much.

First off, remember that it was the US who helped incubate the EU during the cold war, Europeans have much to be grateful for in those regards. Had it not been for the US, the soviet empire would have done what they thought was in their best interest, killing the EU in its infancy.

Furthermore, the EU will start to diminish as a major shareholder of the worlds GDP by 2030. By 2030, the EU GDP will make up roughly 15% of the worlds GDP, while the US will make up roughly 27% (a two percent increase over todays share) of the worlds GDP in 2030. Additionally, it will take the EU 75 years just to "Catch up" to Americas income per capita.

"It will take the EU until 2072 to reach US levels of income per capita, and then only if the EU income growth exceeds that of the US by 0.5pc,"
Source

A recent EU study has shown that the EU economy is 22 years behind the US economy.

The US leads over the EU in both R&D spending, as well as in number of scientist.

Additionally, there is currently and EU brain drain into the United States. This is a true testament to the overall dominance the US has over the EU.

And for a moment, lets forget the fact that the EU does NOT have a single standing Army contrast to Americas.

Here is the video I displayed earlier in this thread, it shows what the US will be fielding in the coming decade, total spectrum dominance is their aim.

Google Video Link

I have said, in several threads, that the time span for a nation to somewhat effectively take on the US armed forces, is now, as I, and many others, believe the US armed forces of 2015-2020 will start to make many of the worlds most prolific military forces, obsolete (nuclear warfare included.)

Coupled with an enormous military budget, the US clearly outclasses europe here as well. (The US spends 28% more then the whole of Europe does.)

You're comparing the strength of an entire continent to that of a country. Why does everybody say, "America isn't that strong, if all of Europe joined together they wouldn't stand a chance." and not realize the irony?

Either way, I won't take anybody that cant spell "sure" correctly seriously.

As evidenced here, that whole entire continent still does not stack up very well contrast to that single country.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
In disagreement that America is the most powerful nation ever, I unfortunately have to go with what is true. The most powerful nation ever?
The Vatican.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SwordDancer

Sorry there isnt anyone who can compete with us in the skies or just using coventional warfare,but when u get down to a complete stay in a hotspot using urban warfare thats not our thing so it seems.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

The vatican is in Italy since you probably thought it was a country

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

please let me know all the countries you have been to, and not just as a tuorist shacking up in hotels. its very possible that america would win a conventional war with iran and not have much of a problem. but as far as policy and procedure in regards to policing the world, well go pound the the ground in some 3rd world toilets for the next 20 years and get back with me on that.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
reply to post by imd12c4funn

The vatican is in Italy since you probably thought it was a country

It is a a landlocked sovereign city-state, it even issues its own passports.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The US is one of the youngest countries on this planet. Yes, we are a power-house nation. But how did we get to be the economic monster we are today? We took everything we wanted and more, we stole,cheated and murdered for "Freedom"! Yeah freedom comes at a cost but maybe not at the cost that so many of our trusted politicians seem to put on the price tag of our freedom.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So you think we could take Iran that easily huh..... I'm sure at the time the US thought they could do the same in Vietnam, but look what happened.. So believe what you'd like but if you want to be ignorant go ahead. What would you do if the US had to back out again? would you make some kind of excuse up to justify your post? come on, stop being stupid by trying to get a rise out of people....

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
This page seems to think that the U.S. will lose a war with Iran.
Iran most powerful nation

Well all I have to say is THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE U.S. WOULD LOSE A WAR WITH IRAN.

Further more some claim we are "tyrannical"-----------NO.We are utilizing our international police power to uphold civility in the world.

Finally....we would DESTROY IRAN in HOURS if we wanted to-----------WITHOUT TACTICAL NUKES.

Winning a battle does not constitute winning a war you dumbass. The U.S. is a shell of what it once was - a most fitting demise for an empire of evil, gluttony and cruel abandon of human justice. Bush will stand forever as the President of the fallen America, who brought in a new world order that does not include the USA, as one who devoured his own people - a cannibal who eats his own to benefit the rest of the world, the corporations. Fairwell evil empire - the world will dance upon your grave and sing joyously of your demise. Evil is mortal, justice eternal.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The most powerful nation on earth is Ireland. We have two ships ready to take you all out...and we have a helicopter too. My mate has a canoe and his wife has big tits. so back off....

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

indeed jakyll, those are VERY valid points

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Dude, we took out Iraq in just a few days. And that was with trying not to kill civilians. Besides before we go into a country we find all the bunkers, all the airstrips and all military posisitions. We have the largest airforce and navy in the world, and that would be utilized. We have the most advanced weaponry in the world and that would be utilized. We have one of the biggest militaries in the world. I think we're fourth. We have some of the best soldiers in the world. If we really wanted to we, and not have to worry about civilian casualties, we could destroy every single Iranian position in one day.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join