It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Hazmat Team Inspects Cargo Container Reading 'Anthrax a Gift From Osama'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

California Hazmat Team Inspects Cargo Container Reading 'Anthrax a Gift From Osama'

www.foxnews.com

LONG BEACH, Calif. — A cargo container inscribed with the words “Anthrax a gift from Osama” on Wednesday caused the closure of an area near the Port of Long Beach as officials prepared to search the item, the Press-Telegram reports.

The Long Beach Fire Department, U.S. Coast Guard and Long Beach police were on the scene and keeping people away from the area as hazardous materials crews got ready to inspect the suspicious container, Fire Department Battalion Chief Frank Hayes said in the story.

A security guard noticed the writing on the container, which was being carried by a non-English-speaking driver who had picked it up and allegedly opened it, finding no cargo inside, the story says.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What legislation is needing to be passed? I think we all remember the previous anthrax scares. What's the agenda this time? Scare the truckers out of protesting?

Anyone else not believe this is from Osama?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
it is fox news.
I swear it's not a one line post

Tela

CX

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They are reporting that it's fine now.

Apart from the "abundance of caution" they are still maintaining.

Oh well, they've mentioned the bogeyman and something scarey linked to him, so they can tick that one off the Fox News "to do" list.

There'll be a speight of kids painting graffiti like this on every truck in the land now, just to tick the authorities off.

CX.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I saw on it on CNN's channel first, and no one had it online. I had to wait and Fox News posted it first.

I just don't buy it. Osama sends videos and warns before he does stuff like this. He always gives us a chance, in essence, to meet his demands.

It's either a cruel prank or something else, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Perhaps Osama was sending over a case of scotch?

Card Reads:
"No hard feelings, infidels - This one is on me! Love OBL"

It sounds to me like this is an april fools joke gone horribly wrong. Some of the crew might have thought this was funny and at the same time they maybe making a statement about the poor security of our ports.

Good find sublime!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Maybe it was a red herring.

The real anthrax was one container over.

The one marked, "Red Herring, Property of the CIA."

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

No doubt. I'm suprised the container that said "A gift from Osama" didn't have in parenthesis (This anthrax was not made in America).

top topics

join